Plantera Expert Mode

Getting items from a normal world into an expert world is cheating because,
1. the difficulty of the expert world is higher, so it would require more effort to get the item
2. its the same as hacking in items in a way you take items from Point A to point B, with no effort in doing so.
3. It goes against what expertmode stands for and the reason it was implemented. Youre supposed to obtain the items under the conditions of expertmode, not obtain the items outside of expertmode.

If you can't:
  • prepare what items you need to wear in different situations
  • prepare how to maneuver around the bosses
  • prepare how to dodge the boss' attacks.
  • prepare against the boss' attack patterns
  • prepare the area in which you fight bosses and events on
  • prepare against any interferance or problem which can delay the bossfights or events
  • prepare against likely situations when facing the different bosses / doing the different events
In order words, if you're too lazy to prepare for everything, then you're not fit for expert mode.

Normalmode: Prepare for what you want to use.
Expertmode: Prepare for what you need to use

Last edited:
Dude, if you say you had full turtle, full buffs best weapons of pre plantera. That's bull. I read this thread yesterday and me and my friend decided to try plantera, mind you me and him are in hallowed gear and yoyos. We got her to 1/4 with just iron skin. Also no frozen turtle shell.

I failed so many times to Plantera, up until I changed my tactics. If you prepare for her right, it's not that difficult.

An arena of wooden platforms is best only for phase 1, as you can easily dodge her seed attack and the thorn balls won't be too much of an issue either.

Phase 2, however, if you keep to the arena at close quarters to her she can easily entangle you with her tentacles and kill you quite quickly. So what I did was dig out a giant loop around the jungle to maintain my distance from her, which actually worked surprisingly well and I beat her quite easily.

By the way, the gear you are using is probably good enough for the fight, it's just terrain preparation. However, there are probably better magic weapons than the laser rifle at this point, such as the magical harp, venom staff and maybe the rainbow rod.

Hope this works :D

~ Pinky

Haha, Plantera had to be my favorite boss to beat, because I did it in the stupidest way that I could think of. Godly fetid baghnakhs, honey, heart lantern, full turtle, campfire, bladetounge (so I didn't need flask of ichor and was free to use said flask slot for cursed flame), ruthless spider staff. Accessories being Worm Scarf, Star Veil, Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield, Shark Tooth and Feral Claws, all warding. Add in the Tool Sharpener, Bewitching Table. For potions, I went with everything I could get my hands on. This would be Endurance, Regen, Ironskin, Rage, Wrath, Lifeforce, Summoning, Sashimi, Cursed Flame Flask, Ale, and Thorns.

Plantera stood no chance against the awesome power of the face tank!! Just swing that sucker and Plantera'll die within ~30 seconds. I was in shock and awe that my stupidest plan worked. I bet you could make it even better with the frozen turtle shell or flesh knuckles, but needless to say, I'm not sure that this is what was intended to be done.

Godly fetid baghnakhs, honey, heart lantern, full turtle, campfire, bladetounge (so I didn't need flask of ichor and was free to use said flask slot for cursed flame), ruthless spider staff. Accessories being Worm Scarf, Star Veil, Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield, Shark Tooth and Feral Claws, all warding. Add in the Tool Sharpener, Bewitching Table. For potions, I went with everything I could get my hands on. This would be Endurance, Regen, Ironskin, Rage, Wrath, Lifeforce, Summoning, Sashimi, Cursed Flame Flask, Ale, and Thorns.

Actually, I found that any Modifier that increase speed is better than Godly(like Agile, and of course Legendary) DPS wise.
And, I've tried a similar methods, using Legendary Fetid Baghnakhs, Hallowed Mask set, Cross Necklace, Ankh Shield and other Damage and Speed boost items(all Menacing or Lucky), all the buffs(without the Wrath, because not bring from other world). I can deal with it (even expert) in less than 10s, without using a healing potions.

Actually, I found that any Modifier that increase speed is better than Godly(like Agile, and of course Legendary) DPS wise.
And, I've tried a similar methods, using Legendary Fetid Baghnakhs, Hallowed Mask set, Cross Necklace, Ankh Shield and other Damage and Speed boost items(all Menacing or Lucky), all the buffs(without the Wrath, because not bring from other world). I can deal with it (even expert) in less than 10s, without using a healing potions.
Well yes, but I was simply stated what I used personally. I know there are many improvements (Dyrad and Nurse spams are always nice), but the magic of what I did is that I did it while sharing screens in a Skype call as a joke. I was frustrated at not beating plantera, and so I told the person I was in a call with, "I wonder if the fetid's would work." By no means did I try to go all out, I pretty much grabbed what I had with me and tried it.

Well yes, but I was simply stated what I used personally. I know there are many improvements (Dyrad and Nurse spams are always nice), but the magic of what I did is that I did it while sharing screens in a Skype call as a joke. I was frustrated at not beating plantera, and so I told the person I was in a call with, "I wonder if the fetid's would work." By no means did I try to go all out, I pretty much grabbed what I had with me and tried it.

Yes, the Fetid Baghnakhs is really a wonderful weapons in 1.3, with this, I could win a DPS match with some bosses, like Plantera, Golem, Lunatic Cultist, Matian Saucer and maybe The Destoryer and Skeletron Prime(not tried yet).

Yes, the Fetid Baghnakhs is really a wonderful weapons in 1.3, with this, I could win a DPS match with some bosses, like Plantera, Golem, Lunatic Cultist, Matian Saucer and maybe The Destoryer and Skeletron Prime(not tried yet).
I've always been a somewhat big fan on the whole "close range, high damage" weapons like bladed glove, but Arky and Fets are just too much for me to handle!!

I beat plantera on expert with 3 other people XD it was amazing. IF you mouse over plantera with a yo-yo it does insane dps!

I beat plantera on expert with 3 other people XD it was amazing. IF you mouse over plantera with a yo-yo it does insane dps!
Expert Plantera probably is a joke if you use a teleporter. But then again Fetid Baghs, Daedalis, Bladetounge, Meteor Staff, or several other weapons work fine too I'd care to wager.

Hey guys I've made an easy guide on how to kill Plantera if you want to see. I do it only using pre-Plantera gear in expert solo.

Recently did a challenge run in multiplayer, Yoyo/Flail only. I have to say, even while limiting myself, the entire game is a joke in multi. Seriously, Expert is infinitely easier. Having someone face-tank while another wail's on the damage is enough to make any boss shiver. I stand by that even with Plantera and Moon Lord, that the game only gets easier as the run progresses. It's harder to stay outside the entire first night without a shelter than it is to stay in the underworld to make a bridge. It's easier to beat the Golem than the Eye of Cthulhu. It's harder to explore the jungle in pre-hardmode than it is in hardmode. It's because of in pre-hardmode, it's about progression and making your own weapons and such. In hardmode it's about finding the best ways to beat things and getting lucky drops. I got a unique challenge run. No using Accessories, Mounts, Light Pets, Minecarts, Armor, or Weapons that are either drops or made from drops. You'll find you'd be a lot more limited in hardmode than pre-hardmode.

But this is all just sidetracking, bottom line is get a buddy, a slime statue, wiring, a switch, honey, a campfire, as well as the following potions: Well Fed, Endurance, Lifeforce, Regeneration, and Ironskin. Armor should be Hallowed Mask, Turtle Shell, and Turtle Leggings. All accesories should be warding, and should be as follows: Cross Necklace, Philosopher's Stone, Frozen Turtle Shell, Ankh Shield, Worm Scarf, and Moon Charm. Make sure to fight at night, otherwise use Flesh Knuckles. Now if you have a bud, great, just have him kill plantera while you take all the hits, but with the regen you have, you shouldn't die. Otherwise, use one of several weapons: Daedalus Stormbow, Meteor Staff, Crimson Rod, Nimbus Rod, Queen Spider staff, or any summoner weapon (Not reccomended). Set up a box with the silime statue and honey, then hook up the statue to the lever. Get in and have a friend break the bulb, take her to you, then have you take all the damage as she dies. Easy win

maybe a Daedalus Stormbow? with holy arrows? Since the damage output is so high and you don't have to aim that carefully it seems like a good option, to me. Especialy if you are with 2 the DPS is pretty insane. I bet you can take down plantera in under half a minute with this. :p (yes i know this is not the destroyer. But because it does around 700 DPS on one dummy I think it would be much higher on Plantera since she is much bigger.)

One could tank her attacks while the other wails on her.
I find using teleporters help against her when she's in phase 2. That's how I beat her as a mage. Circle strafe phase 1, then when phase 2 happens run to the teleporters and kite her.

(I am doing a solo RANGER play through) Currently I have Frost Armor and use Cloropyte Shotbow with Holy arrows and get his/her first phrase down in a whopping TEN SECONDS to 30 seconds with current accsserorys and buffs (I have a corruption world so I use putrid scent for maximam damage and use archery potions). I DONT use a cobalt shield and kinda want it to be a challenge. I can't seem to get the magic quiver...
I have moderate aim and have great skill with my Bat Hook

After I tear through the first phrase, the second phrase comes in like "YYYOOODDDAAA!!!" And wrecks me and I am like:eek:-wwwwhhhaaa

My arena is kinda between little and big and is like a oval, I use heart lamps and campfires. I use a jet pack for quick mobablity.
The problem is the seeds it shoots, it wreck a whole bunch of my health so then the second phrase one shots me...
I DONT use the potions that require fish (life force, endurance) But I use the wormscarf.

Any suggestions to beat PLANTERA using RANGER WEAPONS AND ARMOR AS WELL WITH SUMMOUNER AND 1.3.4 defender weapons
(Lightning trap thingy, flameburst, etc..)

i have beaten plantera expert mode solo with full chlorophyte armor, a full set of potions (regen, ironskin, wrath, endurance and lifeforce) with a chlorophyte ranger set with megashark and chlorophyte bullets. My arena was quite large vertically, and less large horizontally. I used honey, campfires and a heart statue. In it's second phase, plantera could only hook to the edges of my large arena, so i could dodge the vines coming out. I killed almost all of the vines before taking on the boss itself, and it worked perfectly, so i killed it on first try.

I'm having the same problem. I have an absolutely colossal arena, and I've tried Plantera twice. Holy arrows with a Chlorophyte Shotbow don't seem to work, because she cycles between going very slowly and then becomes Sonic the hedgehog. I have Hallowed armor, with a Hallowed mask, leaf wings, magic quiver, avenger emblem, frostspark boots, a Charm of Myths, and an Ankh Shield. I don't want to make Chlorophyte armor, since the bars will be useful for Shroomite. I also have a Magic Harp, Megashark, Golden Shower and a Flamethrower. I think that in the middle of the arena, there aren't enough Jungle blocks to count as a Jungle biome, so then she becomes Enraged. That might be the issue. Screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/gq401n

Back
Top Bottom