Weapons & Equip Plantera's Hook

I actually think this would be a decent addition, and it is very well balanced. Maybe the drop rate could be modify a bit (making it a bit more rare), but overall I like the concept. Also, excellent work with the sprite.

It's twice as rare as the Pygmy Staff, so it seems fair to me...

Thanks!

You're welcome, @SzGamer227. Also, yeah, but with it being such a new (and very useful) item the drop rate should reflect it. However, I'm content with the current state of it, so whether you decide to change the drop rate or leave it the same, you have my vote. ^_^

You get my...
output_HlNaiG.gif

I like the idea, but I feel like grappling to wherever your cursor is could be annoying. If your cursor is close to you and you're using Plantera's Hook to escape from enemies, grappling to a wall would be a pain. I support the idea, but if anything make the wall grapple toggled, because it could be useful while also a pain.

I like the idea, but I feel like grappling to wherever your cursor is could be annoying. If your cursor is close to you and you're using Plantera's Hook to escape from enemies, grappling to a wall would be a pain. I support the idea,
If you wouldn't find it useful, than just don't use it. I, for one, have been in many situations where a Hook like this would be useful. I do see what you're getting at, but that's what other, more ordinary Hooks are for. We have plenty of those, and it would be good to spice things up. :p
if anything make the wall grapple toggled, because it could be useful while also a pain.
I don't think an option that applies only to one item would be worth implementing. :indifferent:

If you wouldn't find it useful, than just don't use it. I, for one, have been in many situations where a Hook like this would be useful. I do see what you're getting at, but that's what other, more ordinary Hooks are for. We have plenty of those, and it would be good to spice things up. :p

I don't think an option that applies only to one item would be worth implementing. :indifferent:

That's true, so I suppose you're right about not using it. But, now that I think about it, does Plantera hook to walls as well? I don't believe I've ever seen it, but maybe I'm wrong.

I do, however, support the idea. I just don't see myself using it if it's implemented.

I'm not sure about the piranha gun mechanic that is merged with the hook, but i would love of it did damage to enemies in some way, maybe that it just damages enemies that crosses the whip and or hooks.

Edit: Otherwise i support!

How does it latch onto background tiles? Wherever the cursor was when you shot it? Seems too cumbersome. What if you wanted it to get to the wall? You'd have to have pixel-perfect accuracy on the fly every time.

If this is added, there also needs to be a hook that cannot latch to background tiles and is weaponized, the fact that it latches to walls either sacrifices mobility for acuracy or vice-versa.
Otherwise, cool suggestion.

Or you know, just overshoot the wall and the hook will latch onto the blocks when it collides with it.

I definitely support this.
How do you overshoot the wall if the hook going to stick to the background before it even reaches the wall?

Back
Top Bottom