[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
the platform won't appear for me, even if i make a new world and defeat all the bosses, still won't appear
I was playing on a server with my friend, and we killed about 8 golems and it didn't appeared, then we re-opened the server and it was in the local where we killed the first golem.
Are you in the hardmode?

I was playing on a server with my friend, and we killed about 8 golems and it didn't appeared, then we re-opened the server and it was in the local where we killed the first golem.
Are you in the hardmode?
It doesnt appear in multiplayer :/

D: but the people want back ultraoblivion, ultrashark and avalon armor

There will probably be a boss replacing Ultrablivion, a much better coded and designed boss that will aim to test the skill and game mechanics to a high level.

For the Ultrashark, use Plantera's Fury. Nearly the same thing, I believe. Don't see why you would want back a recolor.

Avalon Armor is for a later date.

There will probably be a boss replacing Ultrablivion, a much better coded and designed boss that will aim to test the skill and game mechanics to a high level.

For the Ultrashark, use Plantera's Fury. Nearly the same thing, I believe. Don't see why you would want back a recolor.

Avalon Armor is for a later date.
Always Hyping me >-<

Dark Matter Parasite Head.png Dark Matter Parasite Body.png Dark Matter Parasite Tail.png
Dark Matter Spearworm:

I Looked at the requested sprites and I gave it a shot, I decided to make the Dark Matter Parasite/Dark Matter Spearworm though you will need to set the scale to at least 0.5 for it to actually be the size of a parasite. Took me a good hour to make this but I think it looks Awesome.

It looks like a world eater and Devourer but I tweaked around and made a huge retexture of the Devourer.

It has dark matter warts and such all over its body except it's head and it has a venom gland to inflict the de buff that blahblahbal created.

It's eye is filled with darkness and chaos and such it is pure evil, please make the ai really good blah.

Tile:
Ichor Spewer.png

Item:
Ichor Spewer Item.png

Ichor Spewer:

You would probably guess this is what blah requested, its not one of my good sprites but it's okay.

It shoots a spray of ichor and acts like a flame trap plus it adds the ichor debuff and can also damage players.

Tile:
Cursed Flame Trap.png

Item
Cursed Flame Trap Item.png

Cursed Flame Trap

Another thing that acts like a flame Thrower except instead of ichor or flames it shoots cursed flames! Yep that's right and blah also requested this sprite.

Shoots Cursed Flames and will inflict Cursed Inferno De buff on anything that interacts with it or touches the flame. Can damage players but it is a great trap for those who like to form mobs!

Edit: Darkened the Cursed Flame Trap

Item:
Dark Matter Burrower.png

Dark Matter Burrower

Okay I made a drill/pickaxe that blah requested though It looks a bit darker than Dark Matter... Sorry I just don't know what to say about his but yeah.

Tooltip: It Oozes with Dark Matter

It acts like a pickaxe and a drill, I don't really know what that means but yeah. Blah will need to make it so you need to press a certain key to activate drill/pickaxe mode.

Last edited:
View attachment 3948 View attachment 3949 View attachment 3950
Dark Matter Parasite:

I Looked at the requested sprites and I gave it a shot, I decided to make the Dark Matter Parasite though you will need to set the scale to at least 0.5 for it to actually be the size of a parasite. Took me a good hour to make this but I think it looks Awesome.

It looks like a world eater and Devourer but I tweaked around and made a huge retexture of the Devourer.

It has dark matter warts and such all over its body except it's head and it has a venom gland to inflict the de buff that blahblahbal created.

It's eye is filled with darkness and chaos and such it is pure evil, please make the ai really good blah.

Tile:
View attachment 3955

Item:
View attachment 3956

Ichor Spewer:

You would probably guess this is what blah requested, its not one of my good sprites but it's okay.

It shoots a spray of ichor and acts like a flame trap plus it adds the ichor debuff and can also damage players.

Tile:
View attachment 3954

Item
View attachment 3953

Cursed Flame Trap

Another thing that acts like a flame Thrower except instead of ichor or flames it shoots cursed flames! Yep that's right and blah also requested this sprite.

Shoots Cursed Flames and will inflict Cursed Inferno De buff on anything that interacts with it or touches the flame. Can damage players but it is a great trap for those who like to form mobs!

Have you been spriting as a hobby? These are a drastic improvement from the last ones I saw. Good work!

Darken and more corruptify the Cursed Flame Trap, and I'll use it for another turret.

Ichor Spewer is debatable. Will see what I can do. :p

That Dark Matter Parasite, though. Will probably be using that. :)

Thanks for the submissions!

How to get item Illegal Weapon Instructions? And blue platform don't spawn.
Pretty sure you can get those from juggernauts (I could be wrong...). They spawn randomly, right on top of you, when you're underground. They're like a miniboss, whenever you hit them they spawn skeletons and various other enemies.

Wiki page (not updated)

There really needs to be a way to summon the Juggernaut. Waiting around for something to happen is actually not a fun part of gameplay, in case it wasn't known. I really don't know anyone who enjoys waiting for an unknown to happen. It's one thing if it's a surprise, ("Oh, hey, wow, another gameplay thing I didn't know about just stepped in front of my face! Great!") but if we know about it and need it to happen, and have no way to make it happen, it's not fun.

I've spent over twenty hours in the caverns layer after beating Oblivion waiting for it to spawn. Enough is enough.

Please? From a person passionate about the Avalon mod, I implore you... give the player more control over their game. Rare drops from enemies are one thing. We can actually control that to a degree! But this... no. We don't seem to have any control at all over this.

There really needs to be a way to summon the Juggernaut. Waiting around for something to happen is actually not a fun part of gameplay, in case it wasn't known. I really don't know anyone who enjoys waiting for an unknown to happen. It's one thing if it's a surprise, ("Oh, hey, wow, another gameplay thing I didn't know about just stepped in front of my face! Great!") but if we know about it and need it to happen, and have no way to make it happen, it's not fun.

I've spent over twenty hours in the caverns layer after beating Oblivion waiting for it to spawn. Enough is enough.

Please? From a person passionate about the Avalon mod, I implore you... give the player more control over their game. Rare drops from enemies are one thing. We can actually control that to a degree! But this... no. We don't seem to have any control at all over this.
Calm Down, I will ask blah to see if he could help but I have no guarantee he will make it so you could possibly summon him. Besides if you could just summon the juggernaut than you would get really good loot fast and that is just outrageous.

Whether or not I am "calm" is for me to state and for others to perceive. It's all gravy. For all we know, I'm just saying what everyone is thinking. Who knows. I haven't heard any comments that state otherwise yet. Maybe I missed them.

Besides if you could just summon the juggernaut than you would get really good loot fast and that is just outrageous.
I wouldn't expect a summoning item to be anything less than grueling to acquire; Absolutely frustrating to acquire in terms of its scope.

But that's the thing - I'm presenting two different types of frustration. I'd gladly build an entire arena or farm to be able to gather these ingredients legitimately. There is fun in that! There is! It's great to be able to do that. But when it's completely out of your hands, that's something else.

Spoiler time, everyone. This time for future content.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324107883

In this picture, you can see the Dark Matter Spearworm. Notice it has four tail segments instead of one? Also, the Dark Matter Parasite armor. Found in the Dark Matter, what I've discussed before. Dark Matter armor is a different thing, only being made of the ore itself, not with any Dark Matter world ingredients.

Also, notice the armor's particles? Built in dual lighting. Only typical for such a hard to get world armor. It also renders the player invisible to wear the armor, which can be combined with other armors to get quite an effect.

This will not be in until a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom