OOC Role Play - Calamity Adventure OOC

maybe a brief new vegas stint since that's par for the course of the randomness of this RP but eh
(also it'd get shunted down anyways)
Edit: AH SCREW IT WHATEVER MY SANITY IS HANGING BY A THREAD ANYWAYS

Last edited:
Considering how all of the other attempts have gone I doubt this could ever be revived unless people have more than just a passing interest. We'd probably need a group of people, a plot, and interest to continue beyond just a couple posts. But if people do want to try again to revive this I might try to help.

eh, whatever works I guess. It's doubtful the rest of the old CA vets are gonna be around (and due to a ruined relationship with Changing Flask I don't think he'd be happy rping with me)

i am still here, although now doing some rearranging lore shenanigans since i wrote quite a bit for the rp as postmortem stuff
although for a plot, eh, depends on the plot

it can just take place in a totally different spot considering it may have just been one country (or not I forgot I am having severe brain failure rn)

the entire north of the base is basically composed of factions now under my control so shrug, anywhere else can work, or we could do it like last time and timeskip forward a few years or something for a change of stuff

I can't consider RPing in that roleplay, but to different reasons now (ability to only focus fully on one roleplay isn't fun when you want to roleplay more in the forums). It ain't your fault, Gan.

Hey, sorry for the alert to this dead place, but I was looking back at some of the hacknet stuff program was doing here once despite how I'd assume there's quite a bit of stuff here that people want to forget (mainly in the department of old character stuff that's been changed and probably improved since then), and came across this:
First of all NEGIS has no phone, second,

It's a radio station, not 'NEGIS' Radio. Besides, anytime I am offline, NEGIS is closed off from all interactions for his own simulations.

also Program cannot hack NEGIS unless he can read this.
View attachment 215984

Which I have no idea if anyone bothered to take the time before, but from what I have found, this reads:
"KNOCK ON THE FRONT DOOR. GREAT STRATEGY, I THINK YOU CAME HERE WITH A WATERLOGGED BRAIN.

WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING, BUT FIRST ... FIRST, WE HAD BETTER FIND SOME WAY TO PATCH MY WOUND. I PREFER TO WALK OUT OF THIS PLACE, NOT FLOAT."

So, as long as Program had access to a picture like that and Google image search, he could read that at least OOC.
And most of those letters are actually very similar to normal ones once you notice the pattern to it, so with a large enough sample and some time it's also reasonable to assume someone could figure that out on their own, barring anything that says "you can't because the lore says you can't."

Now let's see if and when anyone ever acknowledges this. I'm guessing a few days at least unless one someone currently active elsewhere on the forums decides to respond.

Dragonwolf73 said:
Hey, sorry for the alert to this dead place, but I was looking back at some of the hacknet stuff program was doing here once despite how I'd assume there's quite a bit of stuff here that people want to forget (mainly in the department of old character stuff that's been changed and probably improved since then), and came across this:

Which I have no idea if anyone bothered to take the time before, but from what I have found, this reads:
"KNOCK ON THE FRONT DOOR. GREAT STRATEGY, I THINK YOU CAME HERE WITH A WATERLOGGED BRAIN.

WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING, BUT FIRST ... FIRST, WE HAD BETTER FIND SOME WAY TO PATCH MY WOUND. I PREFER TO WALK OUT OF THIS PLACE, NOT FLOAT."

So, as long as Program had access to a picture like that and Google image search, he could read that at least OOC.
And most of those letters are actually very similar to normal ones once you notice the pattern to it, so with a large enough sample and some time it's also reasonable to assume someone could figure that out on their own, barring anything that says "you can't because the lore says you can't."

Now let's see if and when anyone ever acknowledges this. I'm guessing a few days at least unless one someone currently active elsewhere on the forums decides to respond.
Congratulations, I suppose, but you were far too late, so your point is moot.
Just because he can now with your method doesn't mean he could then. And definitely doesn't mean he was motivated enough to try to solve that back then. Time doesn't flow backwards, at least in the serious sense. Fiction sense, go wild.
Still, kudos for your efforts, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom