• YES!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a chicken nugget wand?

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
((Also, I might make a new character if we do the reboot because I was planning something with Alpha and profile picture girl after the RP died))

(Unfortunately, people have already claimed to use the Lunatic Cultist before you and your post. Being specifically Bubby and me, Bubby requiring them for Goldenstripe to exist, and me turning them into the Ancient Doomsayer, and now as a plot of Second inadvertently causing a small argument with them ever since they were there at the dungeon.)

"Great. So the holidays have come? Great. Time to get back to the company before snow falls."

*After some time, somewhere below the ground, in the developing nation state of Zayin.*
"Isabelle, now that you have returned, regarding about the abnormality that escaped and wiped out 8 of your employees, the others have made a suggestion to close that corridor down completely until they are finished cleaning up the mess. There are some remaining body parts lying around there still."

"Alright then, I'll block it off and tell the rest of the employees to take detours."

"Ah yes, and also, I have a notification that the new manager, B, is here."

"New manager?"

"Yes. She put B in charge of the management of this place. I suggest you cooperate with them."

"...And right when I was enjoying my coffee."

"..."

"You must be the new manager, am I mistaken? I am Isabelle, head of the Welfare Team. The Welfare Team is remarkable at what they do. I'm proud to say that they have the highest satisfaction rate in the company. Despite the rest of the havoc that goes here. Senia told me to cooperate with you for now. Well, I can work with anyone, but it's hard for me to play games with a manager. But it is Senia's orders, so I have no say in the matter anyways. You've met the other Sephirahs, correct? Yes, I know the spelling and pronunciation of Sephirahs is incorrect. The correct pronunciation is Sefirot. However, we use Sephirahs to specifically distinguish them from other similarly named terms. Back to the matter at hand, you have met the others, correct? Spiny, Hydrangea, Umbra, Justitia, etc. Well, even if you haven't, you're going to meet them anyways. It's a part of your job. We, at the Welfare Team, have our jobs being making everyone comfortable and healthy. Similar to the Training Team, except we aren't teaching anyone here, besides the common dietary information.

Not much for conversation eh? Cheer up. It's getting close to the holidays. And besides, you won't have to spend all of your work hours in a place like this. When our contract with Zayin is up, we're leaving to go back to the main facility anyways, unless they decide to renew it."

"Um... Isabelle?"

"Yes, Rogun?"

"Er... There has been a malfunction with the EGO recently. They may have not been polished that well enough, and I think I have to run some diagnostics, ma'am."

"That's okay. You have other work to do besides EGO management. I'll check it out myself. There's just much more to do, and I don't think you can afford to keep paying attention to everything like that."

"...Thanks, Isabelle!"

"Yes, have a good day!
My reaction was much more different than what you saw around here, wasn't it? Right, Senia wouldn't have dealt with it like that. Pretty sure Spiny would use them as target practice. Umbra would have just tried to overwork them. I could go on and on. The point would be that the employees will be replaced soon, so what is the meaning of investing time into them? Why punish them when they aren't going to be sticking around? Kinda proved that when I went to that settlement about a half an hour ago. There was really no point in trying to get their attention when they aren't going to stick around for you. Besides, if they really wanted to find us, they could use the city lights from Zayin for the most easiest way of telling where we are. They merely choose not to because they have the same mindset as me. Why bother?

... Do you think I'm wrong, manager?

Alright, alright. Suit yourself, manager. I'm curious how long your constant defiant stare will last. I guess you can still issue commands with your software anyways, so I guess a bit longer. Maybe, if you really wanted to, you could try to prove it to me that there is a point. Maybe hire them like how we hire the Fixers? Who knows. It really doesn't matter to me.

Either way, nice to meet you, manager. That's a rare commodity here. 'Nice'. Hope you enjoy it while it lasts. I will go now, I am quite busy, even though I don't seem like it. I have a corridor to seal off. And perhaps some festive lights to put up. Happy holidays, B."

"Hello again, B. How was your first day working with the Welfare Team? Are you here to check on that corridor? We are still cleaning it, and it's still sealed off to the other employees. Or, have you hired the other people that I told you about, and you are trying to rub it in my face?

Guess not. I was watching how you tried to manage my employees. They are still my employees after all. Three deaths. One was turned to ash thanks to T-05-201203. Another panicked while having T-09-55603 and had to be put down. And the last one was killed when T-06-736 escaped.

You could have saved them, you know.

Don't worry, I'm just messing with you. I know you tried your best. But isn't it saddening to know your best isn't enough?"

"Hey!"

"...What is it now, Spiny?"

"I need another :red:ing corridor shut stat!"

"We can't keep making new corridors daily for your department, Spiny."

"Well I need it :red:ing closed or else my stupid employees don't want to get to :red:ing work!"

"Tell me, was this caused by one of your weapons or toys?"

"I don't see how that's :red:ing relevant!"

"So a yes, thanks for trying to dodge the question."

":red:."

"Spiny, you really need to stop. You may be the department where we maintain the weapons, but you really have to stop 'testing' them."

"I do what I want!"

"Well, you really have no power to threaten me. Even if you had all those weapons."

"Well, I can tell you I can call the-"

":red:, yeah, yeah, I heard that many times before, thank you very little. But your threats don't really work with the Welfare Team. You're going to have to go to Senia and make sure you fill out the paperwork and not mail a grenade."

"You piece of :red:!"

"If that was true, I'd still have more worth than you. Yeah, keep storming away. Fill out your paperwork.

That was Spiny, the foul mouth of the company and weapons expert, if you weren't aware, manager. She has a knack for causing unnecessary havoc and chaos. But when you had to work with them for a long time, you find ways to suppress her recklessness. Especially since most of her threats are empty, unless you are a normal employee or not even with the company, then she won't hesitate to shoot you down. Quite literally.
Yes, being stuck with a chaotic gun nut and a student who keeps overworking themselves is definitely a way to develop skills to negotiate or shoot them down before they get the chance to destroy everything in someway. Hmm. The life I'm in.

I'm guessing from your expression, you haven't met them yet, B. Well, at least you now know what to expect. Although I explicitly dislike putting time and effort into my employees, I kinda have to with you, manager. After all, we are going to have to work together beyond the usual deaths here.

At least you get to go outside today. Just as a small warning, time doesn't go that well here and there. Ever since certain... incidents from the past, way before we got here(Warframe Universe not being bound by time in the RP being example), time doesn't seem to flow well. In other words, we run on a different clock compared to Zayin. Sometimes this is better so we can reach our energy quota much more quickly, or worse, since they apparently need more, and we are running a bit late for our energy quota. You better make sure to try to predict the time. Oh well. Anyways, better for you to get ready for the next work day, since we aren't yet in it. Enjoy the peace. See you later, manager. I have to file a complaint about Spiny again, about her unwarranted weapon testing and bad behavior. Have a good day."

"We have enough energy, so we can stop collecting energy now. We succeeded in collecting enough energy. Though you couldn’t see me, I was always there for you, cheering you on.
That's the day's work done. You can go do whatever trivial things you have to do. Just make sure, while you are here, manager, you don't break company policy."

"...

Back to Welfare, eh? Guess it's not a surprise. Alongside the Security and Maintenance team, we are the only teams that are needed around the entire facility.
Thanks to Zayin, we now have bullets with healing capabilities. The HP bullet manufactured by the Nano Technology Agreement with Zayin will speed up recovery of the physical body. Now, our employees have a much more effective way to heal.
How's things anyways? With the other Sephirahs? Did you meet Spiny yet?
...I'm guessing a 'no'.
Oh well, just remember she's not book smart, and you should be good enough to deal with her and her antics.
Really, I don't know why you are here, now that the work day is over and all for you. All that's happening around here is putting the abnormalities back into stasis for the next day and refinement of the energy you collected.
Oh, that's right, I did give you a task, to make it through the day without of my employees being killed. I guess you're here for whatever reward that would bring? Well, I just got the HP bullets just a few hours ago, so consider it as a gift that was re-gifted to you.
'But isn't it saddening to know your best isn't enough?' Yet, here you are, completed everything flawlessly.
...Sorry, I thought of the past. It's not my place to judge the past like that. Ah, and while you're here, I'd like to send some documents to Senia, if you don't mind.
Kinda just like how those two wanted me to deliver things to that place. Really, only reason we even know of that place, or even bothered going there was because there was an abnormality to capture there.

Still think I was wrong about that place? Look at it this way, why should we even bother them? Hmm? First of all, they hold nothing of importance to us, besides I guess potential employees, but even then, why go there when thousands of others come to the city of Zayin. Or nation state. Honestly, that entire thing about Zayin is confusing. Either way, we can easily get other employees in the city instead of trying to draft a small base. And there is still no reason to go to them. They don't have any good deposits of minerals.
How about tourism? What about it? They clearly aren't the most skilled architects. I mean, look at the place, it's basically stone that was hollowed out!(Thanks to Bubby for turning the base into 'hyperstone'.) Anyone famous there? How the hell am I supposed to know? Clearly, they haven't interacted with the normal cities around here. And I haven't heard of any good deeds from specifically them. Only news I got was about the damage that was caused to several companies who may have been doing questionable things, but they definitely don't affect anyone else, like in the more inhabited areas.
Point is, there is no reason to go to a settlement that has so few reasons to go to, when we are in a city, filled with people, sights, and smells, things to do.

Why go to the trouble of interacting with them? It would be a pathetic attempt either way. They don't have anything of value, and it would only waste company time. Plus, if they wanted interaction with other people, they would have probably tried to expand long ago, make a city, like how Zayin is.
Look, sometimes you shouldn't bother people who want to be left alone. If they want to not be alone, then they should, you know, try to interact with the outside world. Or something to that effect.

...Aw shucks, my coffee is now cold. Either way, it's been nice to have a one-sided conversation with you, manager. It really gives something to think about. I guess you really want to make the company's employees more comfortable. Just don't make them too comfortable, otherwise they'll become slackers when they begin to take things for granted. We don't want to get on Senia's bad side, do we?
Oh, and if you want to know about where that place is, ask Beak. They whisper endlessly either way. See you tomorrow, B."

"Good morning, manager. Currently, some renovations are underway. Umbra of the Utility and Maintenance is installing a new camera system in your office due to Hydrangea's proposal for better surveillance. Be mindful of any fragile parts that are being used while this new installation is being done."

"Oh, hello there! I don't think you've met me before. I'm Umbra, Sephirah of the Utility and Maintenance Department. I'm in charge of keeping this place running smoothly. While Isabelle focuses on the employees, we focus on the actual tools, devices and rooms that we use. Don't worry, you'll be able to get back into the room after we finish up installing the camera system."

"Well, at least you are competent, Umbra. In the meantime, B, why not check in with the other Sephirahs? They may have something to tell you. Also, as a small notification, Zayin is almost complete. Soon the entire city will be open to the public, instead of having a few areas open here and there. Isn't that something? Either way, until the entire office is finished with the installation, you have some free time. I'll come get you when it is finished."

"Sorry, manager. The installation of the upgraded camera system was delayed due to an abnormality escaping and the resulting suppression. A few casualties were made, but it wasn't enough to cause us to have to take a day off. One abnormality has escaped however, so for now, Zayin will have to delay certain tasks to fix its damages. It will cost us. So, for compensation, we are going to have our energy quota raised."

"That's absurd! We don't really owe Zayin anything! We already gave them surpluses of energy!"

"Did I mention that the other Sephirahs are coming here as a meeting, manager? No, I believe not. Oh well. Here's a test of your managing abilities."

"I really don't care for the energy quota. As long as we go through the motions as fast as possible, we'll get enough time to mop up, and move past this."

"Oh, :red:. So I'm going to lose more ammo because of that abnormality?"

"You already have an excessive amount of ammunition. I don't see why that is a problem, Spiny."

"You know how much Utility costs around here? Now we are going to have to increase it because the Suppression Team failed?"

"If Maintenance did their job right, then the abnormality wouldn't have escaped in the first place!"

"And Surveillance is supposed to keep a track on them, right?"

"The data couldn't be relayed due to the upgrade of the camera systems. Which Utility should have been more adept at installing."

"Alright! It's enough to see you all arguing and pointing fingers, and even more Sephirahs are making their way here for the meeting. I suggest you keep calm and wait until the others arrive before going full on debate. And remember both me and the manager has the final say in the matter. We'll see what will or will not happen afterwards. Until then, wait for the others to arrive."

Back
Top Bottom