Scariest enemy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...? that had nothing to do with Paladins, and if I were talking about paladins, it would be on topic, as it's something that unnerves me.
Yeah already figured that much out, a bit too late but whatever. That's why I edited my last message.

Face Monsters for the horrible sound, definitely. When I first started 1.2.4 I had my volume up high, so when I flew over the Crimson I just freaked out.

When the DG had its roar, it was the best. Nothing beats Re-Logic level "U JUST GOT TROLL'D!" noise.

As for sprite, definitely Black Recluses are the worst.

And of course for the "I'm-so-screwed" feeling, nothing beats the Dungeon mages.

Dungeon Guardian and the Poltergeist.

Seriously, the Poltergeist looks like as if the props around him were his arms flailing about.

Paladin. Because you hear that clink when you're farming in the dungeon. You see the crest of a silvery golden helmet. You see a hammer spammng lunatic who deals ridiculous amounts of damage, has super defense, health and KB resist, and moves like a truck considering his size. I'm only pleased with them because i got 2 paladin hammers yesterday from 3 paladins i killed.

Nothing in this game scares me visually. But I'll be dang sure to make sure they scare others visually. :3c

Face Monsters were something of a shock when I first ran into them because they seemed so out of place. Same goes for Herplings, as my brain translated them... unusually, to say the least. But now they are familiar. Just a few more unusual neighbors.

In terms of mechanical difficulty, Wall Creepers/Black Recluses are probably at the top due to how hard it can be to keep them at bay in early game/early hardmode, how unavoidable it can be to run into them if your worldgen decided to go wild with genning nests, and how they swarm. I've probably died to them the most by underestimating them on my last/current from-scratch run. But once you're geared, they're a joke. It's just that I tend to run into them a lot while NOT geared, yet I still insist on taking them on.

HM Dungeon casters are pretty close when it comes to dealing with them before having the full compliment of things to deal with either their wallhax or their constant teleportation. Thankfully, I've been dealing mostly with Ragged on my current melee run due to the dungeon actually being dominated mostly by slab walls, so while wallhax are still an issue, there is less tele-spam. By this reasoning, Diabolists are the worst, since they do both. They also used to tank my FPS.

I've recently learned to greatly dislike Skeleton Snipers while casually dungeoning. They do so much damage and from so far offscreen and with very little ability to react that I've found myself having a few moments of "my health is fine, my health is fine, my health is f-WHERE DID MY HEALTH GO???" due to there suddenly being two or three offscreen snipers with line-of-sight. I had NO idea they even did that much damage until this run because I almost never saw them in the past. My other worlds usually genned with very small pockets of slab wall, but this one has so many tunnels and large open rooms backed by slab, so they spawn quite frequently.

And of course, there's no forgetting giant tortoises. Mass-murderers of new players since the advent of 1.2.

Mother :red:ing Tortoises
Why?

WHY?

WHY?!
I'LL :red: YOU A GOD DAMN WHY
Have you ever taken an ever so exquisite stroll to the nearby park, engaging in flower viewing and just taking in the fresh gust of air when all of the sudden, a god damn biological meteorite lands a perfect mathematical straight line where X is your head and Y is your :red:?
Well :red: me have I had the pleasure experience that.
You know :red: went wrong in evolution when a god damn turtle has a NATURAL ability to hurl himself and utilize his god damn body as a bombardment shell for a :red:ing ORBIT TO GROUND PRECISION STRIKE.

OUR BEST COMPUTERS CAN'T DO THAT

GOD HAS FORSAKEN US FOR TURTLES

Why?

WHY?

WHY?!
Have you ever taken an ever so exquisite stroll to the nearby park, engaging in flower viewing and just taking in the fresh gust of air when all of the sudden, a god damn biological meteorite lands a perfect mathematical straight line where X is your head and Y is your :red:?
You know :red: went wrong in evolution when a god damn turtle has a NATURAL ability to hurl himself and utilize his god damn body as a bombardment shell for a :red:ing ORBIT TO GROUND PRECISION STRIKE.

You sound like those people who make the exaggerated Pokémon memes.

Maybe Tortoises. While they don't look scary or have scary noises, they deal so much damage and are such a pain in the butt in early hardmode that the thought of going to the jungle is met with an instant "NOPE".

Why?

WHY?

WHY?!

Recently I've been trying to get turtle shells.. It hasn't been easy.. Looks like tortoises and spiders are the most frightening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom