Items Shadowflame Bullets & Shadowflame Spiky Balls

lilTuck

Terrarian
This is a simple suggestion; Shadowflame Bullets and Shadowflame Spiky Balls. Shadowflame Bullet and Shadowflame Spiky Balls are a hardmode items obtained from any of the Goblins during a hardmode Goblin Invasion. Shadowflame Bullets can be bought from the Arms Dealer after you defeat a Goblin Invasion, and Shadowflame Spiky Balls can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer after you defeat a Goblin invasion (both from the respective NPC in hardmode).

[ITEMS]

Shadowflame Bullet.png Shadowflame Bullet Shadowflame Bullet.png
Rarity_color_4_big.png
Ranged Damage
2 Knockback (Very Weak)
Maximum Stack - 999
Velocity - 5
Buy/Sell - 95Silver_Coin.png/19Silver_Coin.png
'Torched by nightmares...'
Has a chance to inflict the Shadowflame Debuff.

ShadowflameBall.png Shadowflame Spiky Ball ShadowflameBall.png
Rarity_color_4_big.png
Throwing Damage
1 Knockback (Extremely Weak)
Maximum Stack - 999
Velocity - 5
Critical Chance - 7%
Buy/Sell - 80Silver_Coin.png/16Silver_Coin.png
'Step on a Shadowflame Spiky Ball and break your mother's- you're on fire!'
Has a chance to inflict the Shadowflame Debuff.

ShadowflameEssence.png Shadowflame Essence ShadowflameEssence.png
Rarity_color_4_big.png

The Shadowflame Essence is dropped by any Goblin during hardmode (in quantities of 2-4); they are used to craft Shadowflame Bullets and Shadowflame Spiky Balls.
Maximum Stack - 999
Buy/Sell - 70Silver_Coin.png/15Silver_Coin.png

[CRAFTING]

ShadowflameEssence.png Shadowflame Essence (1) + Silver_Bullet.png Musket Ball (50) = Shadowflame Bullet.png Shadowflame Bullet (50) (Mythril_Anvil.png/Orichalcum_Anvil.png)

ShadowflameEssence.png Shadowflame Essence (1) + Spiky_Ball.png Spiky Ball (50) = ShadowflameBall.png Shadowflame Spiky Ball (50) (Mythril_Anvil.png/Orichalcum_Anvil.png)

Leave suggestions to what I should buff/nerf! If something is too overpowered/too weak tell me and I'll fix it up! Thanks for at least breathing on this thread. :*^)​

Last edited:
I love this idea its look cool. You use some buff to add into the item that a bit useless into new great weapon. I appreciate that:):cool::dryadsmile::joy:

I love this idea its look cool. You use some buff to add into the item that a bit useless into new great weapon. I appreciate that:):cool::dryadsmile::joy:

Thanks. <3

I'm planning on adding more to the thread and making it a Shadowflame thread in general.

Last edited:
Did you make these sprites? They are great!!

Anyways, I think the bullets should be bought from the arms dealer, and the damage should go down a little.

Did you make these sprites? They are great!!

Anyways, I think the bullets should be bought from the arms dealer, and the damage should go down a little.

Thank you! I don't think they're excellent, but they're pretty easy to make since they're small.
Your suggestion has been noted as well. <3

I like this! But I think the Shadowflame Bullets should be sold by the Wizard or the Arms Dealer, and the Spiky Balls should be sold by the Goblin Tinkerer or the Arms Dealer.

I like this! But I think the Shadowflame Bullets should be sold by the Wizard or the Arms Dealer, and the Spiky Balls should be sold by the Goblin Tinkerer or the Arms Dealer.

It's been done, I just edited it! Thank you for your feedback. <3
[DOUBLEPOST=1439413002,1439412904][/DOUBLEPOST]
I rather want a shadowflame yoyo/flail/other melee based weapon that needs attention, and that the shadowflame knifes goes tho the throwers

I might do that in another thread, or just make a Shadowflame expansion in general. The melee weapons are a good idea, though. In my opinion, we have enough Yoyos.

Cool idea! Altough the crafting for these things you should be significantly nerfed, if all goblins drop up to 10 of these "shadow flame fragments" (Which I think should just be called straight up "shadow flame", like livingflame, cursed flames, etc.) you should change to where it either takes more shadowflame or less musket balls (looks like silver bullets?) to create shadowflame bullets. Otherwise, this should definetley be added! :D

Cool idea! Altough the crafting for these things you should be significantly nerfed, if all goblins drop up to 10 of these "shadow flame fragments" (Which I think should just be called straight up "shadow flame", like livingflame, cursed flames, etc.) you should change to where it either takes more shadowflame or less musket balls (looks like silver bullets?) to create shadowflame bullets. Otherwise, this should definetley be added! :D

Thanks for the feedback! Can do. <3
I would make fire that looks like Shadowflame, but it looks a little too similar to Demon Fire. If I can work something out, I'll change it. :^)

Thanks for the feedback! Can do. <3
I would make fire that looks like Shadowflame, but it looks a little too similar to Demon Fire. If I can work something out, I'll change it. :^)
Well it obvioulsy wouldn't be placable, as there would be no reason with that, cuz it would just look like demon fire. So it doesn't have to look to similar to the flame blocks, maybe more like the bullets.. But more "flamey" if you catch my meaning.

Well it obvioulsy wouldn't be placable, as there would be no reason with that, cuz it would just look like demon fire. So it doesn't have to look to similar to the flame blocks, maybe more like the bullets.. But more "flamey" if you catch my meaning.

I totally get what you're saying- it's actually what I'm trying to go for. :)

EDIT: There it is! <3

Last edited:
Both the bullets and spiky balls should be cheaper, as they are currently too expensive to be practical to use.

Both the bullets and spiky balls should be cheaper, as they are currently too expensive to be practical to use.

You can craft them with easily-gathered materials. Main material is dropped in stacks of 2-4 from ANY Goblin enemy (not Goblin Scout).
It's very cheap to craft them instead of buying them. :p

No thanks, Shadowflame was simply for 3 weapons to make Goblin Army viable again. It shouldn't be expanded massively.

Back
Top Bottom