IC Shattered Mirrors

Created with assistance from @Dragonwolf73
Presented by @Changing Flask
Shattered Mirrors

OOC | Link

This RP is set in the fictional city of Borowice, a moderately sized Polish city, starting during the morning of December 30th, 2022.
With the new year fast approaching, you have recently been drawn to an online ad claiming to sell a product to create a "new you for the new year." And whatever this product is, it seems to have been targeted to you. Whether it be some kind of gemstone, part of a costume, some kind of sports drink, or something else, it is exactly what you were (or didn't know you were) looking for. And this morning, it arrived, in an unmarked box with only the required shipping labels. And soon you will learn just how true the advertising was...

All the transformations are slow, so don’t expect people to turn rapidly/instantenously. The minimum time the TF takes is 2 days and 8 hours, whereas the maximum is 16 days (or about two weeks and two days).
The city has public transport: Trams and city buses that can reach most streets. The centre of it is known for its industrial complex, which used to produce cars, and before then, oil lanterns. It was closed down in 1991 due to bankruptcy, and now it fulfils a role of museum, after being bought by the town’s president.
On the outskirts, there is an airport just near its north border, as well as a lot of former villages incorporated in there, fulfilling the role of rural area, after rapid urbanisation in the 70s. The closer to middle, the less green spaces are there, but said places would be in better state.
Bus routes:
City Bus 12 (Hotel - Tech Convention - Technical University)
City Bus 27 (Hotel - Tech Convention - Town Centre - North Urban Area - North Suburban Area - Airport)
City Bus 48 (Gallery "Syrena" - Town Centre - Adult's High School - Urban Area - Suburban Area - Southern Outskirts)
City Bus 102 (Eastern Urban Residential Area - Hotel - Tech Convention)
City Bus 106 (Eastern Urban Residential Area - Hotel - Tech Convention - Town Centre - Southern Urban Area - Southern Suburban Area - Southern Outskirts)
Unspecified Bus #1 (Hio's Outskirts - Rural Area - Urban Area - Town Centre)

-Will update every day-
Note: If I can't see more details on the location, the place's generic and anyone can meet without having to go on city transport or on car.
Day: January 2nd, 2022.
Time: 10:00
Page 157:
-Active-

Matt: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Both arms are scaled, with his thumbs off at a slightly strange angle now, and with a slightly scaled texture. This also extends up to his elbow in the right side. Has balancing issues because of hooves forming and legs getting furred.

Allan: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Arm fully scaled on the device that was stuck on.

Paul: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Scales on the arm with the device, the device is now stuck on. (not actual)

Sylas: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: ???

Trebonth: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Scales across the body with higher concentration on his face, leafy tail grown out of his back. Leafy tail seems to feel burning when under clothing. Shortsighted and pompous at times. Much shorter than usual.

Garry: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Abundant facial hair growth, somewhat furred too, proto-horn grown out of the forehead. Resistance to heat, unnaturally calm but still able to be ticked off, in which case seems to be able to generate fire. Both legs appear furred with hooves nearly formed, both hands appear to be fusing.

Hio: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Discoloured black arm, some shivers.

Kaleb: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Outright flame-like appearance, slightly bigger.

Miles: His own house.
State of TF: ???

Amos: Tre's apartment room.
State of TF: Not applicable yet.

-Temporarily on hiatus-
Nick: last place - Hospital
-Retired-
Roman, Sofia (Formerly controlled by Tibithia Inherita, user banned from TCF.)

Major Scheduled Events:
13:00 - 14:00: EnTech Security Showcase (finished)
18:00 31.12.2022 - 2:00 01.01.2023: New Year Celebrations (finished)

08:30 02.01.2023: Anti-inflation protests (in progress)
14:00 02.01.2023: Press Conference (Law and Justice)

28.01.2023 – Topic created.
16.02.2023 - Oh god, lists are incompatible with middle alignment! Mistake fixed, added bus connections to extra specifics section due to thread-maker's lack of orientation.
04.03.2023 - I shoulda been adding the event informations.
29.03.2023 - Most recent state.

Last edited:
(Do you not have alerts for when a new thread is created?)

Matt would be sitting in the lobby of the hotel that was booked for him, a location conveniently between a convention center where a somewhat large tech event is occuring with plans for some announcements after 13:00 on the 31st, a location where a New Years event is planned, and the museum where some kind of event is supposed to be occuring at 08:30 on the 1st.

Allan meanwhile would be in his hotel room, currently sorting through some papers.

(No, I don't.)

Roman is currently at his own home, trying to look up which restaurants are open on New Year's Day, as he's made plans to go out to the tech event just to have something to do that day.

Sofia, meanwhile, is out and about, trying to shop for groceries before New Year's Eve.

// Sorry, had fallen asleep. Both chars locations are mentioned and current occupations are mentioned below. //

Trebonth

It is kind of funny that whenever I get a break from the job, often I immediately get a phone from Garry, making me busy even when I have long weekends after the Christmas break. It's fine, he is still a friend. Today's... been different, as he had messaged me that he had ordered something for us both.
Pfff... excuse me, I've got enough flowers. It was the first thought that came in my mind, given I just watered them recently. But that something wasn't another plant. It... hm. It was supposed to look like a surface to put the laptops on, so then my eyes wouldn't get tired that easily glaring at the screen. While at this topic, I had a picture of a scaly dragon as the screensaver, and another as the desktop picture, because they gave me motivation to go on with those studies.
I decided to stuff my workplace up in the case, and go out in the streets, taking a bus to Garry's home, which is near the outskirts, in the south area. I and my plants, occupy the bloc's 4th floor, hence curious neighbour visits they do sometimes. Nothing too bad though, and today they seemed to stay home, so taking a 106 to Garry's home went without problems.
Garry lives all alone, with pets he occasionally heals up, I live all alone with plants I care about. In the corner of eye, I saw some figure going to the complex I lived in, but... eh. Not a big deal. I simply wonder what were Garry's plans that day, other than waiting for the delivery, because Sylvester's day and New Year's Eve I'd like to spend in actual place (maybe the actual DnD convention?) other than home.

Last edited:
(And from what I remember of C# (or C++, can't remember which it was) also only had slashes at the front.)

Alone again.

Hio was just alone again. Though, for once, he stayed at his small home on the outskirts of the city, waiting on the brown couch in the lounge, as near to the front door as he could.

He was just expecting a package, really. A small one, at that. And in it was just a nice coin, the metallic sort used in that one trading card game. It had a … Mis…Misplacus (?) on it. He wasn’t sure why he bought it, but it was with his own money so his mom definitely wouldn’t object.

There was this tech event he was thinking he might attend later today too. Chances are, he’d use the coin to decide.

(Wait for me.)

In all of the excitement for the new year, Kaleb would be at a random store/shop for simple groceries + a bottle of cola to drink when the new year arrives. He wonders how his girlfriend is getting on, since she's gone to another country for 2 weeks and promised to bring Kaleb a souvenir.

Kaleb is a dog trainer as he enjoys the company of animals, however, he doesn't have a pet himself but he does plan on getting one in the future when he gets enough
money and research + when his temper is sorted out.

As he waited for the line to clear up so he could pay and head home, Kaleb wondered to himself, wasn't he expecting something today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom