tAPI Shockah's tweak mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a crash whenever I activate the infinite ammo/mana cheat. :C It also seems to crash randomly anyway if I do nothing.
It's a known problem, has to do with empty item slots being selected.

Three things you can do for now:
1) Avoid selecting empty item slots (as in, active in the hotbar).
2) Don't use this one cheat.
3) Join the tAPI IRC channel (all the info to do so is in the tAPI thread), when you connect send a "?tapi-devdl" message without the quotes; our bot should respond with an in-dev tAPI r14 download, which fixes some of the problems and adds more error handling/logging.

About the random crash... Does it display any error? If so, paste it here; if not, you'll have to use the 3) above.

Anyway, I won't have time to work on my mods until monday at least... Maybe a little today, but that's it.

It's a known problem, has to do with empty item slots being selected.

Three things you can do for now:
1) Avoid selecting empty item slots (as in, active in the hotbar).
2) Don't use this one cheat.
3) Join the tAPI IRC channel (all the info to do so is in the tAPI thread), when you connect send a "?tapi-devdl" message without the quotes; our bot should respond with an in-dev tAPI r14 download, which fixes some of the problems and adds more error handling/logging.

About the random crash... Does it display any error? If so, paste it here; if not, you'll have to use the 3) above.

Anyway, I won't have time to work on my mods until monday at least... Maybe a little today, but that's it.
For now, I've removed TApi until further release dates, and I get a firmer grasp on modding and such. I only just got the game, I figure I probably need to get to know the game in it's default state before I start adding new features. Thanks anyway. I have this thread and your mod saved. C:

Oh yeah, if you didn't play the game before, it's a good idea to have a playthrough or two first.
Yeah, sorry to waste your time. I've been doing some reading and such, and I added a patch immediately into the game that would rid Red's Wings of those pointless debuffs. I wanted an in-game inventory editor to plop them into my inventory and test them out. C:

You cannot ask them to add dev equipments in the game. This is a rule in this forum.
I am aware, which is why I didn't ask anyone to add anything. I assumed the mod already had a way, but I have third party inventory editors that can do that as well. :D

By the way, the crash report I keep getting is this.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MPlayer.MidUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.MidUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)

Edit: I added my last comment here, because I didn't want to have a double post.

Last edited:
Wait a tick, in buyable extensions mode for the accesories: How do I get slots 14 and 15? Do I just increase the starting slots to 7 to complete?

Does the cheat menu work on multiplayer? I understand both people would need the mod, but would it work on host & play? I'm trying to make some builds with a friend, but we need a way to spawn in building mats.

Wait a tick, in buyable extensions mode for the accesories: How do I get slots 14 and 15? Do I just increase the starting slots to 7 to complete?
That's true, you have to increase starting accesory slots to 7. And that's intentional as far as i know, because all this is optional. You can configure the mod however you want (i even started with 0 accesory slot for fun ;p )

Placed Nights Edge on Prefix slot and it kicked me out and this showed up.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.CanGetSuffixes(Item item)
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.Save(BinBuffer bb)
   at Terraria.Item.WriteCustomData(BinBuffer bb, Boolean byName)
   at Terraria.Item.Write(BinBuffer bb, Boolean byName)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.PrefixSlot.Update() in c:\Users\Carlos\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\FCM Standard r2\PrefixSlot.cs:line 90
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.PrefixSlot.Draw(SpriteBatch sb, Boolean draw, Boolean update) in c:\Users\Carlos\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\FCM Standard r2\PrefixSlot.cs:line 173
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.Draw(InterfaceLayer layer, SpriteBatch sb) in c:\Users\Carlos\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\FCM Standard r2\InterfaceFCMPrefixes.cs:line 197
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.<.cctor>b__1e(InterfaceLayer layer, SpriteBatch sb)
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Action.OnDraw(SpriteBatch sb)
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Hey Shockah, can you make a mod that sorts the items in your inventory by clicking a button, maybe include a "locking" function where you can CTRL+Click a slot to lock only that item ID to that slot so nothing else can go there? It'd be really great and it's just the thing we need in Terraria.

Edit:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/inventory-manager.113602/

This is a thing, but it's not a tAPI mod so it can't be used with tAPI mods. I wanna use it along with some of your other feature mods if possible.

Edit: Heads up! Your inventory tweaks mod does NOT send items to the piggy bank when shift clicked, unlike other chests! I just threw away more than 75 gold of items by accident. So mad.

Last edited:
Working hard on fixing the mods and adding new stuff so it's ready by the time we release tAPI r14.

Does the cheat menu work on multiplayer? I understand both people would need the mod, but would it work on host & play? I'm trying to make some builds with a friend, but we need a way to spawn in building mats.
I'm always trying to make everything work in multiplayer. If I don't say it doesn't work, it should work. If it doesn't, tell me :p

Hey Shockah, can you make a mod that sorts the items in your inventory by clicking a button, maybe include a "locking" function where you can CTRL+Click a slot to lock only that item ID to that slot so nothing else can go there? It'd be really great and it's just the thing we need in Terraria.
How would it sort the inventory though? I don't see much of a need or use for such a mod myself, so...

Edit: Heads up! Your inventory tweaks mod does NOT send items to the piggy bank when shift clicked, unlike other chests! I just threw away more than 75 gold of items by accident. So mad.
Good call! Added to my to-do list.

Anyway, some things I was working on for the last several days: http://imgur.com/a/iZWEn

Did you find out what was happening with the suffixes mod by any chance? :l
If I remember correctly, it was a tAPI issue, so the moment we release r14 it'll be fine.

I can't use suffixes along with GRealm and Accessory mod, but I'm sure you already know that. When will be next version released?
After we release r14 (today or tomorrow), and after I finish any last touches to my mods (might be as late as sunday evening my time, I'll try to do it earlier though; having a job and college at the same time doesn't help).

How would it sort the inventory though? I don't see much of a need or use for such a mod myself, so...
You should play with that guy's mod for a bit, it's really great how sorting and everything works.

How about a simple tweak mod, where you can press a button, like CTRL+R-mouse, that locks an item to a specific slot. No other item can go to that slot. For example, say I'm in the dungeon picking up Golden Keys, and I lock it to a slot. When I use up all my keys, the slotbecomes empty. Currently, I might suddenly pick up a Bone or some other garbage item that immediately fills up that slot, it's annoying. But with this mod, only Golden Keys can go to that slot, making it much easier to keep my inventory sorted.

And how about another simple mod, something that allows you to set a "block list" of items you don't want to pick up.

If I have these two things, I will be -very- happy. I'm just tired of picking up items and having them go randomly everywhere in my inventory all scatter-like.

However, for a third thing that the Inventory Manager mod has, a "clean" button for chests/piggy bank/inventory would also be really nice. The clean button moves any extra stacks of items together, like if you for some reason have a 125 stack of stone blocks and a 2 stack of stone blocks in your inventory, it combines them together to take up less space.

I hope these make sense, I just love your quality of life mods and hope you can make at least one or two of these :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom