• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Slim Player & Female NPC Texture packs

Veiyga

Steampunker
Hi there! Just managed to figure out that there were mods and how to install them. And I like the aesthetic changes made, brought a small little update for me while I wait for 1.3.6. However, just a question I have, if you don't mind answering. Would you be able to find a way to alter the speech bubbles that are brought up for the now female variants of the the town npcs? The immersion is slightly broken when Ella (my mechanic) talks about Tkanus as a guy still. Not that it matters, but just that subtle change would make it better.

Zilem

Official Terrarian
Is there a video of that texture pack? :rolleyes:
Sadly not that i know of or been able to find... it's possible it could have been used in a Terraria twitch stream?
who knows all i know i was not told%:sigh:

Hi there! Just managed to figure out that there were mods and how to install them. And I like the aesthetic changes made, brought a small little update for me while I wait for 1.3.6. However, just a question I have, if you don't mind answering. Would you be able to find a way to alter the speech bubbles that are brought up for the now female variants of the the town npcs? The immersion is slightly broken when Ella (my mechanic) talks about Tkanus as a guy still. Not that it matters, but just that subtle change would make it better.
I though i did that years ago... :dryadsad:
*looks trough the archive*
Yup there it is Extra_48.xnb, so -oooh!... :dryadeek:

There is a map editor tool you can download that let's you edit the Townie names in your world(s)
(Remember to backup your world, before you start tinker with it, in case something breaks your world)
The tool can also be used to make custom maps: a flotilla of floating isles, a giant ocean, as well as team-PvP and Racing maps :dryadwink:

Veiyga

Steampunker
I've known about Tedit, guess I just didn't think of it. But that works fine enough. Thanks for answering!

Zilem

Official Terrarian
I cant get the pack to work for some reason Can anyone help me?
Did you read the Included Readme.txt? :dryadwink:

Extract the .xna files from within the Zip into your Terraria's Image folder
Dir: "Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\Content\Images"

Open your steam Library
Right click on Terraria and Select "Propperties"
go to the "Local files" tap, click on "Browse Local Files..."
Default: "Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\Content\Images"

Open the Folder "Content" then the "Images" folder
you Finally extract the .xnb textures from the Zip to this folder
Or what else might be the issue?, there isn't much information to theorize within your post... :dryadrolleyes:

I really love this texture pack thanks abunch for making it. I hope when 1.3.6 update is released this will remain compatible with the update. Speaking of compatible this texture pack doesn't seem fully compatible with Terraria Overhaul. In some instances when my character is attacking the textures would alternate between this and the vanilla. I hope that can be fixed. In any case this texture pack is amazing keep up the good work.

Exodus Starlit

Dungeon Spirit
I really love this texture pack thanks abunch for making it. I hope when 1.3.6 update is released this will remain compatible with the update. Speaking of compatible this texture pack doesn't seem fully compatible with Terraria Overhaul. In some instances when my character is attacking the textures would alternate between this and the vanilla. I hope that can be fixed. In any case this texture pack is amazing keep up the good work.
Terraria overhaul uses different armor textures, I am pretty sure. That is possible why they look messed up.

Zilem

Official Terrarian
Terraria overhaul uses different armor textures, I am pretty sure. That is possible why they look messed up.
Indeed, My guess would also have been that Terraria Overhaul had a finger to play with the issue, but alas no Screenshot of the issue so I've got no idea the issue really are. :dryadrolleyes:

After Taking a look at the Overhaul mod. I can see what the issue is, Accord to the Thread Overhaul came out in 2017?, and this mod started in 2011.
It's safe sure to say none were made to be compatible with the other, as this were made for Terraria without any need for 3rd Party modding tools to use it.
I moved away from the original requirement of T.C.C.L. (Terraria. Custom. Content. Loader) :dryadtongue:
and I had no knowledge of Terraria Overhaul before yesterday.

The Overhaul Mod uses an arms system similar to the rotating arms of Starbound, which is is not like the original 5 arm positions of Terraria
I'm not sure if these new arm sprites are new external files or added into original Arm textures...
but either way this is were the issue is. Overhaul Mod changing core fondant of player sprite, causing everything not not made Compatible with it
to be incompatible.
Regardless how little or big this might seem to affect the game as a whole. %:sigh:

Is there a version of the texture pack with just the slim female player sprites, without altering the NPCs or enemies? I tried removing the files labeled NPC in the main pack, which did fix the townspeople and enemies as far as I could tell, but they still have the altered gore. I don't know which gore file corresponds to each NPC or enemy. There are also changed sprites like the pet fairy which I could probably figure out myself if needed. Though then there are files like the wing ones that I'm unsure whether they were altered or just fixed to work with the new female sprites.
It's been a few months since the last post, but hopefully you're still around considering the thread has been around for several years.

PandoPon

Official Terrarian
Is there a version of the texture pack with just the slim female player sprites, without altering the NPCs or enemies? I tried removing the files labeled NPC in the main pack, which did fix the townspeople and enemies as far as I could tell, but they still have the altered gore. I don't know which gore file corresponds to each NPC or enemy. There are also changed sprites like the pet fairy which I could probably figure out myself if needed. Though then there are files like the wing ones that I'm unsure whether they were altered or just fixed to work with the new female sprites.
It's been a few months since the last post, but hopefully you're still around considering the thread has been around for several years.
I recommend ya to use the TExtrator to see 'current' used sprites that game uses. After checking out the ones you cant want, just delete them from the folder with texture pack - check the integrity of the files and put the modified texture folder inside again.

Top Bottom