NPCs & Enemies Small change to Granite Elementals

Ezel

Empress of Light
Hello. I don't know if it's my bad luck or does it happen to other people, but I find it hell annoying if I dig down and get killed by a random Granite Elemental which kills me in early-game. It's a cheap and unfair death, especially when I can't tell where's a granite biome because of darkness.

I think they should have a nerf similar to this one made to Medusa. It won't attack the player if he isn't in their line of sight. Since they can pass through walls, they can kill a player easily, who's digging tunnels to other caves. These enemies aren't hard to beat, but it's annoying when you get attacked from nowhere, especially when you have no way to run away from them.

I suggest to remove their ability to fly through walls until they see the players through pure air (or other passable blocks). This would reduce the amount of unfair deaths in early game, even in Expert Mode.

Some tips on how to avoid Granite/Cosmic Elementals:

1) Use invisibility potions and destroy one block at a time, eventually, in 2 minutes, you might be lucky enough to escape the granite biome.

2) Try making a path that goes through the granite biome, when an elemental goes through the wall; attempt to trap the elemental as only one granite elemental can be nearby you at a time. Also, make sure the elemental is not too far as it will despawn and another elemental will follow you.

Some tips on how to avoid Granite/Cosmic Elementals:

1) Use invisibility potions and destroy one block at a time, eventually, in 2 minutes, you might be lucky enough to escape the granite biome.

2) Try making a path that goes through the granite biome, when an elemental goes through the wall; attempt to trap the elemental as only one granite elemental can be nearby you at a time. Also, make sure the elemental is not too far as it will despawn and another elemental will follow you.
Cosmic Elementals? What?

Back
Top Bottom