Biomes & Nature spider nest

roozevelt79

Terrarian
could there please be an option to remove them? im realy scared going underground now with those spiders.
please add an option to remove them.

That would be cool and all, but if you are going to suggest something like that then at least suggest a alternate way of getting the Stylist.

what about replacing the spider graphics with robot graphics? there could be robobts climbing on the walls and that as well as robot armor and a robot staff.

what about replacing the spider graphics with robot graphics? there could be robobts climbing on the walls and that as well as robot armor and a robot staff.
I don't see it. I've supported an alternate spider nest but I don't think a robot based one would fit.

To your initial idea I don't agree. It presents a few problems, you know like removing the early hardmode summoner armor. The closest thing I'll support is introducing an alternate biome and the option to choose which biomes get used.

Okay, 'the monsters scare me' is really not an acceptable reason to nuke stuff from the game. I understand some people are scared of spiders (I have a friend who's a serious arachnophobe) but altering a game for everyone because a small portion of the community dislikes a small part of it is pretty unreasonable.

If spiders are that much of an issue for you, just alter their image files- I believe it's npc_(164, 165, 163, 238, 236, 237, 239, 240) (Someone should check though- I'm just assuming the file numbers correspond to NPC IDs) - convert from XNB, open in paint, dump black paint all over it, convert it back to xnb and override the original files. Or just ask someone in the sprites section of the forum to resprite spiders into dogs or something and make a mini-texture pack for you.

I oppose to this suggestion. Not because I think it's bad for the game, but because I think it's bad for you. Gradually exposing yourself to your fears is much more effective than avoiding them outright (which can actually be detrimental). Trust me, when I first found the spider biome after the 1.2 update, I freaked out as well. Now, I don't even bat an eye at them anymore.
Okay, 'the monsters scare me' is really not an acceptable reason to nuke stuff from the game. I understand some people are scared of spiders (I have a friend who's a serious arachnophobe) but altering a game for everyone because a small portion of the community dislikes a small part of it is pretty unreasonable.

If spiders are that much of an issue for you, just alter their image files- I believe it's npc_(164, 165, 163, 238, 236, 237, 239, 240) (Someone should check though- I'm just assuming the file numbers correspond to NPC IDs) - convert from XNB, open in paint, dump black paint all over it, convert it back to xnb and override the original files. Or just ask someone in the sprites section of the forum to resprite spiders into dogs or something and make a mini-texture pack for you.

The OP is asking for an option, not a complete removal of the spider biome.

if you really are scared of spiders, do this

>start a journey mode world
>set monster spawns to 0
>go find the biomes and destroy them
>set monster spawns to standard
>return to the surface and start a normal play through while ignoring the journey mode options

you’ll never get the stylist, but i imagine you don’t really care

OH YEAH MAKE SURE THE WORLD IS CORRUPT NOT CRIMSON

Just don't play the game. You are almost the only person I know who gets scared of PIXELATED and CENSORED spiders. They aren't even real. So, either you are a small child, which is not designed for this game, or you are crazy about spiders and must have arachnophobia.

I don't know what the implication is here, but age is not an indicating factor of what any sort of person is afraid of.

I'm not even afraid of spiders and I still avoid the nests whenever possible because they're just not a very welcome place to sit around in.

Arachnophobia is a common fear, and I can see where it comes from.
Age is not much of a factor, it just depends on how much you've been exposed to them, like Kazzy said 5 years ago.

That said, by this time, it's likely that there's already an arachnophobia texture pack on the Steam Workshop for those who need it.

There is one, it’s been out for over a year now, pretty much coming out right when the Steam Workshop came out
(I don’t have a link, I’m on my school iPad rn ;-; )))

Back
Top Bottom