NPCs & Enemies [Sprites] Mechanical Cultists. Trust me.

I assure you I feel mostly the same. I was always opposed to any new mechanical bosses, besides a mechanical BoC. I didn't support Zoomo's Peacekeeper, even though it was well thought out and brilliantly sprited. These guys are meant to give context to the Mechanical bosses existing.
If you have suggestions or ideas for the Skull, fire away. It is kind of bland. My original design for the Blueprints was really old, and based off of a palette on a sprite by Wooren. It looked horrible. Since then I've learned stuff, and I decided to use a darker shade. If you want to try recoloring them, go ahead, but I don't plan on doing anything to them.
I'm always open to ideas, and I have none for that particular one, so go ahead.
You say these guys are supposed to give context as to what created the mechanical bosses, but you never explained them at all. All you said is that they fit.

Well instead of +4 increased defense, it could instead have +25% increased defense.
That way, high-defense builds could have a lot of use for it.
I think I'll give it +20% increased defense, and the Bionic Head Implants +15%. How does that sound?
You say these guys are supposed to give context as to what created the mechanical bosses, but you never explained them at all. All you said is that they fit.
Precisely. Terraria doesn't have official lore, its all headcanons. Why should I impose mine on others? If this was added as it is, and I wrote out a detailed canon behind these guys, that freedom of choice would be gone. Thus I remain silent so that others can fill in their own and make these guys fit in however and wherever they want without outside influnce.

I think I'll give it +20% increased defense, and the Bionic Head Implants +15%. How does that sound?
Yeah, that sounds better.
But I think the Bionic Head should give +17% rather than +15% which I think is a bit of an extreme penalty.

Precisely. Terraria doesn't have official lore, its all headcanons. Why should I impose mine on others? If this was added as it is, and I wrote out a detailed canon behind these guys, that freedom of choice would be gone. Thus I remain silent so that others can fill in their own and make these guys fit in however and wherever they want without outside influnce.
Wait, so why say it gives context if you just said it does not. :nurseconfused:

Wait, so why say it gives context if you just said it does not. :nurseconfused:

Since you're so keen on this, Let's hear your thoughts on why the Eye of Cthulhu, The Crimson and Corruption (and their bosses), Skeletron, The Wall of Flesh, the Moon Lord, Plantera and the Golem exist then?

Since you're so keen on this, Let's hear your thoughts on why the Eye of Cthulhu, The Crimson and Corruption (and their bosses), Skeletron, The Wall of Flesh, the Moon Lord, Plantera and the Golem exist then?
I have no reason to explain anything. The best explanation I have ever heard though was in the form of a story known as the Lamentation of the Moon Lord. Why even ask me that question when it actually has nothing to do with this, when all I asked was how the mech cultists explained how the mech bosses came to be.

I have no reason to explain anything. The best explanation I have ever heard though was in the form of a story known as the Lamentation of the Moon Lord. Why even ask me that question when it actually has nothing to do with this, when all I asked was how the mech cultists explained how the mech bosses came to be.
There's two main ways it could be interpreted: The cultists found the Mechs buried underground from a previous civilization, and began worshipping them, or the cultists built the Mechs and began worshipping them. It could be some other explanation entirely. It doesn't have to be concrete.

if they dropped hallowed bars and souls there would be no need to ever fight the bosses, and I don't think it's what the game really needs.

Yeah, I support this. Could we also get some vanity for them? It could probably done with the other cultist robes and dye, but those red eyes in the hood look coolio.
Done. I also made a bonus one called the Amorphmechanical Hood.
Amorphmechanical Hood.gif

I think bringing cultists in at the beginning of hard mode steals the Lunar Cultists' thunder. The lunar cultists are supposed to be mysterious and strange, but some of that is taken away if you fight these more powerful mech cultists early on.

I think bringing cultists in at the beginning of hard mode steals the Lunar Cultists' thunder. The lunar cultists are supposed to be mysterious and strange, but some of that is taken away if you fight these more powerful mech cultists early on.
I see what you're saying, but these are really a completely different concept from the Lunatics. The use of the word cultist is mostly just a matter of convenience and wouldn't appear ingame if it was added exactly as presented anyway.

I see what you're saying, but these are really a completely different concept from the Lunatics. The use of the word cultist is mostly just a matter of convenience and wouldn't appear ingame if it was added exactly as presented anyway.
Well you used the word cultist in the same way, right? So that statement doesn't really make a difference on my argument that the lunatics are uniquely strange.

Tim rarity?
Looks like I'll stay with my Pirate friends :(
Awesome idea, but before anything mech-related we need to balance Prime's loot. The Flamethrower sucks anyway and Neptune's Shell has been nerfed.
Really original concepts but the Steel Skull is kinda OP...

For the sake of epicness, could someone make actual readable blueprints please please pls?

Well you used the word cultist in the same way, right? So that statement doesn't really make a difference on my argument that the lunatics are uniquely strange.
I used it as a general description and title of the thread, not as a name for the actual enemies. These guys have almost nothing in common with the Lunatics besides the similarities in sprites.

Back
Top Bottom