Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Placeable materials

Lenses:
Like you said, with Terraria's light system these would be useless at the moment. I also doubt their usefulness if light could be directed unless you're thinking about powering certain blocks like spark gems with them and make some interesting... I dunno... powered blocks.
Anyway, this all seems too complicated/not thought through enough for me.

What if a lens is placed on a gemspark block, it will emit a beam of light across in the direction? With the different gemspark blocks, there would be different beam colors, and through wiring you could turn them on/off. Could make some cool lighting effects with this, I think.

What if a lens is placed on a gemspark block, it will emit a beam of light across in the direction? With the different gemspark blocks, there would be different beam colors, and through wiring you could turn them on/off. Could make some cool lighting effects with this, I think.
Possibly. One worrying aspect of this is the amount of framerate reduction this could lead to though. *ponders*
On my last pc I could definitely feel the hurt whenever I was walking through my main home, and I blame the massive lighting for that.
Dunno, I still think this one needs more thinking. :)

Fantastic suggestion! The game would improve so much if we could place all this stuff. The things you could build with it...

And people talk about crafting blocks out of ectoplasms. I must say I like this a whole lot better.

Well, it'd be a lot cheaper and probably nicer looking in most builds if you could make a block/paint/actuator using ectoplasm instead of just pure ectoplasm to block ghosts.

placed gel should slow you like actuated honey
What is "actuated honey"? I know honey blocks slow down players but that's not "actuated honey". You do know there's a block made with gel called asphalt right? It makes players faster, not slower... I disagree with you on how gel should act.

What is "actuated honey"? I know honey blocks slow down players but that's not "actuated honey". You do know there's a block made with gel called asphalt right? It makes players faster, not slower... I disagree with you on how gel should act.

Honey blocks that are actuated still give players the slowing effect.

Possibly. One worrying aspect of this is the amount of framerate reduction this could lead to though. *ponders*
On my last pc I could definitely feel the hurt whenever I was walking through my main home, and I blame the massive lighting for that.
Dunno, I still think this one needs more thinking. :)
Made a thread about this idea, if you want to check it out! Lazorz

Also, updated the OP with the link.

awesome!
Fox of Approval.jpg

maybe you could also be able to place broken hero swords. cuz if you already have a terra blade on a world and get an eclipse, you wont get more use of them (unless you want a true sword for fun). they could maybe look like a sword in stone, or just with the tip in the ground. idk, just a thought.

Some More things that need to be Placed
Bombs,Grenades,Dynamites,Guide Voodoo Doll,Clothier Voodoo dolls,Cannon Balls,Acorns,Goblin Standards......I'll Stop

Back
Top Bottom