Suggestion Forum Rule Amendments Open Discussion (Jan 11th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world, expressing "I personally dislike this concept" and saying nothing more would be fine
If that was still allowed, then I have no problems with any of the new rules.

I get that you're trying to cut down on someone seeing an idea they don't like and posting a gif of Steve Carell screaming no. But I'd still like to have the ability to just say "No thanks." for myself.

How hard is it to expand upon why one does or doesn't like a thing? It doesn't require a treatise...often just a few more words.
Well sometimes, there just isn't a reason why. Sometimes you don't like something because that's just how it makes you feel.

Fair enough. I'd suspect that is the minority of the time though. ;)

Also, fun insider secret: the number of likes or the popularity of an idea has isn't necessarily a causal factor to it's inclusion into the game. :)

There are a few concepts out there that are SO often suggested, sometimes with so many variations, that we've decided to let them go. The most well known example of this are the multitude of "Terra Boots" proposals (any variation of Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots tinkers).
I just explored the full extent of this.
index.php

And that was just a quick scan. >_>

I think this really goes nicely, and I remember all the anger surrounding the "Demon Scythe upgrade" thread. In fact, I believe that this was part of the reason @Leinfors created this new set of rules, and it's well-needed. I dislike when people respond to a suggestion in a coarse manner just because they think it isn't a "good" one; it comes across as quite insulting. I don't as much mind being told why it needs improvement; but the best they can do, in my eyes, is to give specific ideas about improvement.

I have a question, and I assume I should post it here (that's what is written, at the very least), though I'm afraid that this could count as necroing. Hopefully not.
Anyways, my question is;
Is it allowed to, well, let me make the situation first.
Say, you have a suggestion portfolio, x.
Now imagine, you haven't posted in the suggestions forum or updated x for a long time; then suddenly, a great deal of suggestions would appear in your mind, and you wish to post them. However, x, with its age, is not exactly in the front page (probably in the last one at that), and you fear that simply updating x will lead to your suggestions never to be seen. So, with the situation, what should you (I) do?

a) Simply update x and do nothing else
b) Update x and bump it
c) Request a lock for x and create a new portfolio y
or
d) Something else?

I have a question, and I assume I should post it here (that's what is written, at the very least), though I'm afraid that this could count as necroing. Hopefully not.
Anyways, my question is;
Is it allowed to, well, let me make the situation first.
Say, you have a suggestion portfolio, x.
Now imagine, you haven't posted in the suggestions forum or updated x for a long time; then suddenly, a great deal of suggestions would appear in your mind, and you wish to post them. However, x, with its age, is not exactly in the front page (probably in the last one at that), and you fear that simply updating x will lead to your suggestions never to be seen. So, with the situation, what should you (I) do?

b) Update x and bump it
or
d) Something else?

You are allowed to bump your own threads as long as you have added substantial content, something which multiple suggestions will surely qualify as.

So, with the situation, what should you (I) do?
b) Update x and bump it
or
d) Something else?

B is the best fit; you are very much allowed to bump threads when you have added new content.

C is very much discouraged, because making a duplicate of an old thread for the purpose of giving attention to it (when the old one is perfectly acceptible) is just sort of spammy . . . if the old thread couldn't get attention, why would a new one have any better luck?

I hope that answers your question. :)

I'm not 100% sure if you can edit it yourself, but I can do it for you if you want to share the link, and tell me what tag you want instead (or none).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom