Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Just started playing but the game crashes on me. I got through the tutorial and headed left to the small boat. As soon as I got in there it crashed with the following error. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Attachments

• Super Terraria Error.PNG
    Super Terraria Error.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 204
There is an gold exploit in temple of Ra, you can get infinite number of charged bottles and sell them for 1g each
K0Q67eY.png

Are you saying 505games aren't in the dev team for this mod? NO SIR! This mod is wayyy to good to be an unofficial mod.Hell, this could even be it's very own game.Props to you for making such a polished and awesome mod.

Just started playing but the game crashes on me. I got through the tutorial and headed left to the small boat. As soon as I got in there it crashed with the following error. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Hi I'm getting the same Error message, but I get it as soon as I try to launch the game.
I am getting the same message when I try to launch the original version too. I think downloading and installing this mod has wrecked my game.
I also could not use my keyboard when I first downloaded it, until I deleted the mod and restarted my computer.

I am still getting the same error message when i try to launch the original version. does anyone know what has happened and if it can be fixed?

terreria error message.jpg

Sorted! :D
for anyone else with the same problem try this. Thanks @Flippi
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Last edited:
gmDyyQF.png

I've reinstalled both terraria and the mod at least 3 times now and this happens every single time. Tmodloader WAS on my computer.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.LoadBackground(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

:/ i dont know what to do downloaded it 3 times and re-downloaded terraria please help

Hi I'm getting the same Error message, but I get it as soon as I try to launch the game.
I am getting the same message when I try to launch the original version too. I think downloading and installing this mod has wrecked my game.
I also could not use my keyboard when I first downloaded it, until I deleted the mod and restarted my computer.

I am still getting the same error message when i try to launch the original version. does anyone know what has happened and if it can be fixed?

View attachment 142137
Good morning! Sorry for the late reply! Just a heads up, while we do check TCF, we do not check it very often. Discord would be the fastest way to reach us. Now to fix your problem! :D

First, I'd like you to open up the steam window, and click on library. Find and right click on Terraria, and go to properties. Click on the "Local Files" tab at the top, then select "Verify integrity of game cache." This will scan your game, inform you that one (or files) are missing, and prompt a download to restore them. This uninstalls STW, and reinstalls Terraria, so you will be able to play both games now.

Now, go to the folder you downloaded that contains the STW files. Right click on the folder that says "contents" and select "copy." Go to the folder that contains all of your vanilla terraria stuff (where you placed the contents and Terraria.exe the first time around). Paste the contents folder in here. You will probably get a popup saying that there is already a folder with this name, asking if you want to merge them. Choose yes. This is very important. We have to merge with the vanilla contents folder, and not replace it, because everything in there is vital for the game to run.

Lastly, you just need to rename the Terraria.exe to TerrariaVanilla.exe, and drag and drop the STW version of Terraria.exe. Now you should be able to play STW! Let me know if you still have further issues ^.^

gmDyyQF.png

I've reinstalled both terraria and the mod at least 3 times now and this happens every single time. Tmodloader WAS on my computer.

I haven't seen that issue yet, so I'll make sure @Flippi looks into it for you ASAP!

I cant download it from dropbox it gives me an error
We are getting far more downloads daily than we anticipated (we expected hundreds, we're getting thousands, almost tens of thousands). So, dropbox is giving us temporary bans for too many downloads in a day. There are several mirror links below the main link in the Downloads thread, which still work.

We are working on another site to replace dropbox, but in the meantime, this is the alternative we're using. Sorry for the inconvenience! ^.^

Nice... I buy the GoG version to get RID of stupid DRM restrictions and because I do the right thing to go for the no strings attached version (anything with DRM that _requires_ online. is bad m'kay?), I get kicked in the teeth.

This really makes me sad... I paid for the rightheous version and am willing to pay for this adventure mod (patreon takes paypal, does it not?)
We love to support the GoG version for those who have bought it, but right now since we are just four guys working on this on our free time, it's a lot easier for us to support the Steam version. As we start to develop the mod more we will of course want to include anyone who has purchased a legit copy of Terraria.

Right now we are having an issue where STW is using too much memory. We are working on a fix for that. Sorry that you're experiencing it.

hopefully there will be a mac port soon
Yup! I'm going to be looking into this soon!

There is an gold exploit in temple of Ra, you can get infinite number of charged bottles and sell them for 1g each
K0Q67eY.png
Thanks for the heads up! We'll have this fixed in the next release.

Are you saying 505games aren't in the dev team for this mod? NO SIR! This mod is wayyy to good to be an unofficial mod.Hell, this could even be it's very own game.Props to you for making such a polished and awesome mod.
Thank you for that! It really makes us feel good and it's nice to know our work is being appreciated. :)

I cant download it from dropbox it gives me an error
We've got some new mirrors up including an Amazon Web Server now. Shouldn't go down anymore.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.LoadBackground(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

:/ i dont know what to do downloaded it 3 times and re-downloaded terraria please help
You're not placing the Content folder in the correct location. Try following this video:

Technically this is a modded adventure map not a mod since worlds are not procedural generated.
Actually though worlds are procedural generated. There are four static worlds, two player owned worlds and an infinite number of procedural generated worlds.

Awesome standalone RPG mod for Terraria, this really feels like it is oozing with passion and pride! Can't wait to try it out, oh yeah what happens if i use other mods with this? Will it work or will it all crash? I'm just curious about that. Perhaps a story or some kind of plot with choices which the player can make to influence his outcome of the story? I wonder if factions and guilds are going to be implemented, along with small tribes and their cheftains? Would love to see enemies fighting each other cause they are each others' enemies too. Also, do pardon me if I am mentioning something that is already in the game, I haven't played it yet. Ah! Nearly forgot to say this, how about secrets and easter eggs cleverly and meticuously hidden in the mod's world, maybe some offering a nice in-game advantage while some are just purely for aesthetics purposes - cosmetics?

Awesome standalone RPG mod for Terraria, this really feels like it is oozing with passion and pride! Can't wait to try it out, oh yeah what happens if i use other mods with this? Will it work or will it all crash? I'm just curious about that. Perhaps a story or some kind of plot with choices which the player can make to influence his outcome of the story? I wonder if factions and guilds are going to be implemented, along with small tribes and their cheftains? Would love to see enemies fighting each other cause they are each others' enemies too. Also, do pardon me if I am mentioning something that is already in the game, I haven't played it yet. Ah! Nearly forgot to say this, how about secrets and easter eggs cleverly and meticuously hidden in the mod's world, maybe some offering a nice in-game advantage while some are just purely for aesthetics purposes - cosmetics?

We hope you enjoy the playthrough!
STW is a standalone mod, and it won't work with other mods. The main reason behind that is because this will be a MMO in the future. Any mod used by one person would have to be used by everyone, and it's really just not an option.

There is going to be a story! We're fleshing it out still, and there are snippits in game already, but there is lots more to come!

We do want to add things like guilds, but since we are just now starting to develop multiplayer, those are on the back burner.

As for easter eggs and references, we do have a few hidden around, but none of them give anybody a leg up over other players. They're more for vanity or chuckles ^.^

Back
Top Bottom