Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I hope this hasn't already been suggested as I haven't read through this whole page, but you guys should seriously consider having an "rpg-map-making" competition, offering to put winning maps in the game (and a name in the credits). You could for sure get tons of great maps, and expand this mod in a way previously inconceivable.

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this or not but.
Every now and then my game will freeze and I have to terminate it via Task Manager.
What could be causing it to out right crash on me?

Also it's getting annoying to do anything when it does this, cause I would have to start over in that given portion.

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this or not but.
Every now and then my game will freeze and I have to terminate it via Task Manager.
What could be causing it to out right crash on me?

Also it's getting annoying to do anything when it does this, cause I would have to start over in that given portion.
Thanks, we talked a bit in Discord.

We do have a fix for the game freezing up when fishing.

Now i dont have it for steam and everytime i attempt it wont run. what do i do? i want to play but dont have terraria for steam.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 122
Just started play STW today, maybe I'm dumb since I already stuck on tutorial island :(

So I got out of ship and mine copper and fix the broken pickaxe and mined through the tunnel and got a broadsword, then right after it I fell into a hole and stuck there. Torch already running out and couldn't find a way to get out

Any tips to save my stranded hero?

BTW, the Hero menu is kind of acting weirdly, e.g. If you get into the menu by using Esc then click the Hero at bottom, press Esc to quit Hero menu will be swap between vanilla game menu and Hero menu, the only way to quit is clicking the 'Close Menu' on Hero which is a bit unintuitive

this mod is great. but I'm stuck on the last chamber of the ice caves with the frozen merchant? I read his diary but I can't go back and I can't go forward.

Just started play STW today, maybe I'm dumb since I already stuck on tutorial island :(

So I got out of ship and mine copper and fix the broken pickaxe and mined through the tunnel and got a broadsword, then right after it I fell into a hole and stuck there. Torch already running out and couldn't find a way to get out

Any tips to save my stranded hero?

BTW, the Hero menu is kind of acting weirdly, e.g. If you get into the menu by using Esc then click the Hero at bottom, press Esc to quit Hero menu will be swap between vanilla game menu and Hero menu, the only way to quit is clicking the 'Close Menu' on Hero which is a bit unintuitive
Thanks for the report on the Hero Menu. We'll look into that.

The cave with the torches you can climb up and to the left where you'll find another dead body for more tools to help you get out. Let me know if you still need help.

this mod is great. but I'm stuck on the last chamber of the ice caves with the frozen merchant? I read his diary but I can't go back and I can't go forward.
Sorry you're a bit stuck! If you look to the left of the door you'll see an ice structure, try using a weapon on it. ;)

Well this will give me a chance to use Discord[I had it installed but never used it cause I didn't know of anyone who uses it]
The error you get is about a missing DLL - a steam DLL. This mod won't work (yet) without steam.
I'm keeping up my hopes

I'm having an issue when starting the game: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'. My original game folder doesn't contain the DLL that the error implies is missing, nor is it shipped with the map.

It might also help to know that I'm running this on Linux from Steam without modifying anything other than what was said in readme.txt

Okay, so I tried using the XNA framework that came with TModLoader's mod compiler. However, the Mono runtime told me that the DLLs were compiled using Microsoft's C++/CLI, not Mono, which means that they won't work. Can someone provide a DLL that's been compiled using Mono so that I can actually play this thing?

P.S. I can't use the MSI installer which is the normal way of installing XNA because, as I said, I run Linux, so don't point me in that direction. I need the actual DLLs.

Update: I found working DLLs from a random website, but when I ran the game, I got this error:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.Utils' from assembly 'Terraria, Version=1.3.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I don't have ANY idea about this one. Did the Terraria developers remove the Utils class?
[doublepost=1475410993,1475410836][/doublepost]This is a real shame, because just by looking at the screenshots and such, I was like "DUDE I WANT TO PLAY THIS RIGHT NOW" but then it appears that the whole thing doesn't even work. I'm really pissed.

Everything that's an expansion to a game that supports a specific operating system should also support said operating system, no exceptions.
[doublepost=1475411116][/doublepost]...or then it's just that the 1.3.3 update broke the Terraria DLL. Well then, off to waiting for an update.

I figured out the error; you're trying to load the 1.3.3.1 classes instead of the 1.3.3.2 classes. I'm too impatient to wait for an update, so can you send me the source code, I'll fix it and compile it with the Mono compiler
[doublepost=1475413043,1475412990][/doublepost]I'm just wondering why that's happening, since you said you've "updated it to the 1.3.3.2 code base"

Last edited by a moderator:
Found an area where I got stuck. No enemies to kill me, not submerged enough to drown, no items to kill myself. Eventually I found the beta options in the menu though. Ran all the way to the right in this area in the ice caves. I only jumped up here to get air after realizing it was a dead end.

Untitled.png

my game crashes every time I click play I have checked my files many times I'm not sure what to do with the changelog file because it doesn't say anything about it so I put it in the stream terraria folder other wise it loads vanilla terraria please help really excited to play the game. I have the legit game from steam is that helps
[doublepost=1475420732,1475420664][/doublepost]
my game crashes every time I click play I have checked my files many times I'm not sure what to do with the changelog file because it doesn't say anything about it so I put it in the stream terraria folder other wise it loads vanilla terraria please help really excited to play the game. I have the legit game from steam is that helps
same here

downloaded it and did all steps but now i cant start it.. it keeps saying start with steam client even though i start it with steam

Back
Top Bottom