Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of replies. We have a team of four, and we're trying to shuffle time between developing, bug fixing, and answering questions/problems regarding the mod. Right now, the absolute best way to reach us for tech support on the mod is to talk to us live in our discord server. We are trying our best to keep up with everyone (went from a few hundred players to over 10k overnight).

If you do not wish to join our discord, that is fine, and we will still try and get to TCF to address issues when we find the time. Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding ^.^

How do I craft Ferrousanguis armor? Great mod btw almost finishing it!
Once you've burned the dead bodies, you'll be able to right click (and loot) their broken armor. At an anvil, with the addition to some iron, you'll be able to craft Ferrousanguis armor ^.^

I'm having an issue when starting the game: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'. My original game folder doesn't contain the DLL that the error implies is missing, nor is it shipped with the map.

It might also help to know that I'm running this on Linux from Steam without modifying anything other than what was said in readme.txt

Unfortunately, since we don't have a means of testing on linux, we cannot offer linux support. Players have asked for an unsupported release of STW on linux, but at this time, that's as far as we can help. As we continue to grow, it is likely that we can get the time and tools to support other OS's. Sorry for the inconvenience!

DUDE This mod is AMAZING,but its too short,are you going to update it in the future? :d

Yes, this mod is very early game still, in terms of development. We have tons of content left ahead of us. The main issue is that we have a team of four working on this during our free time between work/school, so development is slow and steady.

Found an area where I got stuck. No enemies to kill me, not submerged enough to drown, no items to kill myself. Eventually I found the beta options in the menu though. Ran all the way to the right in this area in the ice caves. I only jumped up here to get air after realizing it was a dead end.

View attachment 142278
Thanks for the report. I'll make sure the map is corrected for the next update! ^.^

I guess I can't play this mod on mac right?
Sadly, that is correct. None of us have the tools to test and support the mod on Mac (yet).

my game crashes every time I click play I have checked my files many times I'm not sure what to do with the changelog file because it doesn't say anything about it so I put it in the stream terraria folder other wise it loads vanilla terraria please help really excited to play the game. I have the legit game from steam is that helps
[doublepost=1475420732,1475420664][/doublepost]
same here
I believe we're working with you on discord to try and resolve this issue, but correct me if I'm mistaken ^.^

downloaded it and did all steps but now i cant start it.. it keeps saying start with steam client even though i start it with steam
This one sounds beyond the scope of my troubleshooting (I'm not a coder), so I'll tag @Flippi to try and assist you. He's out of the house for a few hours, however. If it's possible for you to join us on discord, Cursed Moose may be able to provide some assistance as well.

Found a crash, no error just a huge hang, though it seems I'm the only one. After burning the bodies and taking the armor once I cross back into the fortress the game just hangs. This has happened twice now, testing it once more, however I don't seem to be able to continue playing after this point, which is sad because I'm loving this.

Edit: The crash happens right after the Signs that say which floor is which. Happened again, same place. I'm done for now, extremely sad I can't continue testing this out.

Last edited:
Found a crash, no error just a huge hang, though it seems I'm the only one. After burning the bodies and taking the armor once I cross back into the fortress the game just hangs. This has happened twice now, testing it once more, however I don't seem to be able to continue playing after this point, which is sad because I'm loving this.
We've had players with freezing issues, which we're looking into, but nobody's been able to reliably recreate the issue until now. I'll make sure @Flippi sees this report. Thank you ^.^
[doublepost=1475435485,1475434911][/doublepost]

Edit: The crash happens right after the Signs that say which floor is which. Happened again, same place. I'm done for now, extremely sad I can't continue testing this out.

Cursed Moose is asking for your character save file. Is there any way you can upload it to our discord? Or possibly to dropbox and provide us the link.

When I get back later tonight I'll get you guys a screenshot of exactly where the crash is happening. I checked my crash-logs and as expected there is nothing as its a hang up not an actual crash. Anyone know of any way to get a log of some form, I can try to pull one.

Edit: I gave CursedMoose the player file, hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Got past the mouth/tooth casm in the crimson area. Just dirt :p
20161002130811_1.jpg

Maybe add some content?

i am having fun with this mod! good job guys! one thing i did have happen with me in game, no new ore spawned but i could mine it and still get exp from it. i waited and left the spot in the mine for a while. was that intentional or is that a bug? not sure if that was brought up either!

Got past the mouth/tooth casm in the crimson area. Just dirt :p
View attachment 142358
Maybe add some content?
We have a lot of plans for the content in that area. We are a small team of four, but once we get the new content out you'll love it. :)

i am having fun with this mod! good job guys! one thing i did have happen with me in game, no new ore spawned but i could mine it and still get exp from it. i waited and left the spot in the mine for a while. was that intentional or is that a bug? not sure if that was brought up either!
Thank you! And that's a bug that's been reported now a few times. It should be fixed in the next release. Thanks!

We have a lot of plans for the content in that area. We are a small team of four, but once we get the new content out you'll love it. :)

Thank you! And that's a bug that's been reported now a few times. It should be fixed in the next release. Thanks!

Ok... Time to get past more barriers... (cracks knuckles) :p
[doublepost=1475454203,1475453641][/doublepost]
Capture 2016-10-02 17_22_36.png
Not even the great dirt wall can stop me!
[doublepost=1475454759][/doublepost]Thats just cruel. :zombie:
20161002173022_1.jpg

"A gift for the one who mastered the clouds" BALONEY!

Attachments

• 20161002173022_1.jpg
    20161002173022_1.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 118
Wow? I know a lot of Vanilla Terraria depends on cheap hits and unavoidable attacks for difficulty, but the blind areas and new enemies are a bit much. Was going to give it a free pass on that anyway for the overall quality (barring frequent crashes, which are expected of something that changes the game this much so early in development), but then there's the ghoul mission, and they literally spawn constantly so you have no time to do anything but fend them off or you'll get swarmed? Yeah, no...not really feeling that. Plus some of the dungeon puzzles - especially the jail escape with the cycling platforms - are more than a little unfair (if someone can't afford to bribe the guard, and doesn't play for ridiculous parkour with clunky Terraria physics, are they just screwed?).

EDIT: Apparently, different lighting settings can account for the too-dark areas somewhat, but it's rather irritating that the game becomes next to unplayable on the lighting type that I find most visually pleasing. I wish lighting could be adjusted to offer clear visibility on all settings.

Last edited:
Now i dont have it for steam and everytime i attempt it wont run. what do i do? i want to play but dont have terraria for steam.

I think the mod only works with the steam version of the game. If you have it on pc try putting your CD Key into steam. it will add the game to your steam libary and allow you to DL and install it as a steam game.
[doublepost=1475504051,1475503722][/doublepost]
Wow? I know a lot of Vanilla Terraria depends on cheap hits and unavoidable attacks for difficulty, but the blind areas and new enemies are a bit much. Was going to give it a free pass on that anyway for the overall quality (barring frequent crashes, which are expected of something that changes the game this much so early in development), but then there's the ghoul mission, and they literally spawn constantly so you have no time to do anything but fend them off or you'll get swarmed? Yeah, no...not really feeling that. Plus some of the dungeon puzzles - especially the jail escape with the cycling platforms - are more than a little unfair (if someone can't afford to bribe the guard, and doesn't play for ridiculous parkour with clunky Terraria physics, are they just screwed?).

EDIT: Apparently, different lighting settings can account for the too-dark areas somewhat, but it's rather irritating that the game becomes next to unplayable on the lighting type that I find most visually pleasing. I wish lighting could be adjusted to offer clear visibility on all settings.

That sounds like an issue with your computer more then the game mate. Even in the darkest parts of the game, my guy gives off a slight glow that lights up the immediate area around him. as for the prison and ghoul missions, I'm not sure because i have not got that far yet. Might want to stick a spoiler warning onto your post?

Loving this game so far guys, thank you!!
I noticed the game crashes as it is loading up between Fixed world and Instance world, (not every time). It's usually the 3rd or 4th time I head through the portal it crashes. Sometimes as the game is loading the fixed world, after I have died in the instance world it crashes too.
It completely shuts down the game without any error message and Steam crashes for a few minutes before working again.
When I have reopened the game it loads me in right where the portal was before the crash, with everything I have found up to that point still with me. So Luckily, the game is saving just before the crash, Phew!

Is there a bug report page?
When I break the crystal on the mountain the game crashes. I'd love to play this mod though!

That sounds like an issue with your computer more then the game mate. Even in the darkest parts of the game, my guy gives off a slight glow that lights up the immediate area around him. as for the prison and ghoul missions, I'm not sure because i have not got that far yet. Might want to stick a spoiler warning onto your post?

The glow is worthless. It goes just about half a centimetre out and is dim as hell.

Sure would be nice if there was a tech tree too for the different combat styles, - Melee & Range. Break it down into their sub-classes, Melee being melee weapons - sword, spear and etc and range being magic - wands, starves and magical/magic tomes, throwing/thrown - ninja stars & etc and range - bow & crossbow. Cause at the moment, leveling up the combat levels seem meaningless other than maybe some extra stat? Would like some subtle guidance at the start, during the tutorial. Something like the player thinking to himself - "Hmm, maybe I should explore this island and see what I can do to survive.", "Ahh, a tool that might prove useful later on.", "Copper? I see, so there are minerals and resources out there that I can use." Maybe, also some extra dialogue for some npcs - "Woops/Oops, I forgot to warn you, it must have slipped my mind, my bad/apologies." - Guide. Oh yeah, I was wondering for multiplayer on this mod, would players be able to kill each other? This is going to be a huge, crucial decision to be made for this awesome mod.

Back
Top Bottom