Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

oh but isnt that with every background?

And yeah i could do it in TEdit but just thought why not in TerraCustom
Other backgrounds depend on seed indirectly and only while world generation. Information about their types is stored separately. TerraCustom and TEdit can change usual backgrounds directly by assigning new values to the fields where info is stored thus give special options for them. Underground crimson/corruption/hallow backgrounds are calculated dynamically using current world ID. Changing world ID (i.e. without world regeneration, only the stored value) won't affect most of backgrounds but will change underground crimson/corruption/hallow backgrounds.

Attachments

• bg.jpg
    bg.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 235
  • bg1.jpg
    bg1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 197
Other backgrounds depend on seed indirectly and only while world generation. Information about their types is stored separately. TerraCustom and TEdit can change usual backgrounds directly by assigning new values to the fields where info is stored thus give special options for them. Underground crimson/corruption/hallow backgrounds are calculated dynamically using current world ID. Changing world ID (i.e. without world regeneration, only the stored value) won't affect most of backgrounds but will change underground crimson/corruption/hallow backgrounds.

Well then, good to know.

Also is that some mod you used to change the world data in just some few seconds?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CheatSheet.CheatSheetWorld.Initialize() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheetWorld.cs:line 14
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

what is this?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CheatSheet.CheatSheetWorld.Initialize() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheetWorld.cs:line 14
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

what is this?
This usually has to do with another mod causing problems that manifest here. If you can identify the smallest set of mods that cause this, it would be helpful.

index.jpg

Any reason this should be happening? I tried a number of different configurations and worldgen never completes due to this error message -- I'm using a few large mods. I take it something's wrong with the jungle.

While the fact I'm currently using Tremor may be the problem, I know others using both Tremor and TerraCustom seem to be making worlds without a problem.

View attachment 175355

Any reason this should be happening? I tried a number of different configurations and worldgen never completes due to this error message -- I'm using a few large mods. I take it something's wrong with the jungle.

While the fact I'm currently using Tremor may be the problem, I know others using both Tremor and TerraCustom seem to be making worlds without a problem.
Yeah, no idea.

Please please PLEASE make a more detailed guide for downloading it on Mac. I can't figure it out and I REALLY want to use it.

Wow, I completely stumped you?! Well guess we're in the same boat then. :merchantsigh:

The good news is I'm pretty sure it's being caused by Tremor, because it did work when I disabled it. I'd rather they worked together of course -- not sure if anyone else is having trouble creating worlds in TerraCustom while Tremor is enabled.
are you sure lunatic? because I try to create worlds with these mods thorium,tremor,calamity,spirit,cosmetic variety and they generate fine for me.

also some configurations in this order on size, dungeon and lizhard temple (300% and 200%), forced pyramids, also I dont create my worlds with the option to create both corruption and crimson on them.

Please please PLEASE make a more detailed guide for downloading it on Mac. I can't figure it out and I REALLY want to use it.
Are you sure you read the instructions? They are pretty detailed: https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom/blob/master/solutions/ReleaseExtras/README_Mac.txt

I'm not 100% sure because there's no way I can be, but that was my end result nonetheless. Tried dozens of configurations, starting with everything on default first of course. I'll keep messing with it, but Tremor seems to have something to do with it in my case.

@jopojelly I assume you've never seen that error before? Just wish I had more to go on.
Yeah, I haven't seen it before this.

Are you sure you read the instructions? They are pretty detailed: https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom/blob/master/solutions/ReleaseExtras/README_Mac.txt

Yeah, I haven't seen it before this.
Not sure if this helps any, but Tremor aside, another factor I noticed was almost 100% of the time TerraCustom was getting stuck on "generating corruption pits", and endlessly hanging there until I canceled it. Disabling corruption is helping a lot with successfully finishing world generation in my experience. No idea if that's connected to the jungle error I was getting, but it helped my success rate immensely.

Shadow orbs are spawning in my crimson, is this a bug? :(

Is it a world with both Crimson and Corruption? In the current version it seems that if you make Corruption with Crimson chasms it spawns only shadow orbs and if you make Crimson with Corruption chasms it makes only crimson hearts. If I recall correctly it didn't used to do this I'm not sure what changed.

Is it a world with both Crimson and Corruption? In the current version it seems that if you make Corruption with Crimson chasms it spawns only shadow orbs and if you make Crimson with Corruption chasms it makes only crimson hearts. If I recall correctly it didn't used to do this I'm not sure what changed.
Experiencing the exact same issue, it didn't used to.

I tried that, but the file didn't come up. It just came up with the Literal app (With the icon and all) and the Changelog. :indifferent:

I tried that, but the file didn't come up. It just came up with the Literal app (With the icon and all) and the Changelog. :indifferent:
Ok, I'm not a mac user so I can't help much. I'll keep an eye out for a way to make it easier, but other than the instructions I know nothing

I got this crash. Is it because I'm on 0.10.0.2?
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x00021] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.Clone () [0x00021] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersPack.Reset () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00781] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00030] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0

I got this crash. Is it because I'm on 0.10.0.2?
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x00021] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.Clone () [0x00021] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersPack.Reset () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput () [0x00000] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00781] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00030] in <3c9064954ac04939a4a9a0035744a2a0>:0
No, this is a random tmodloader error, should be fine if you just try again.
[doublepost=1499475492,1499475430][/doublepost]

Experiencing the exact same issue, it didn't used to.

0.5.1.2 released, should fix crimson heart and shadow orb problems.

Back
Top Bottom