Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

I seem to recall having done this in the past without this result. I did not adjust how high mountains should be from standard, should it be expected that if I make a world half the height of a large world but double length that climbing a mountain will result in me being in space? Or is world gen drunk again?

I seem to recall having done this in the past without this result. I did not adjust how high mountains should be from standard, should it be expected that if I make a world half the height of a large world but double length that climbing a mountain will result in me being in space? Or is world gen drunk again?
stuff happens when parameters change. Experiment with things until you find what you like.

Every time I try to create a world, it stops progressing once it gets to "Spreading Grass" no matter what settings I revert back to default. The build I am trying to make is one that I had no trouble making with version 3.9

Hi, firstly I can't thank you enough for continuing this mod. I had seen PinkPlum's version just after the 1.3 update was released and had been wanting something like this for ages.

Secondly, I think I may have found a bug. I've tried creating many worlds now set as Corruption with Crimson chasms, but every time there are no crimson hearts in either chasm. I tried Crimson with Corruption chasms I do get a mix of both in each chasm (mostly hearts). I've created mostly small worlds with just one of each but it seems to also happen in medium worlds. I don't use any mods.

I'm thinking the problem could be related to this in the Terraria changelog 1.0.4: "Number of chasms generated in the world is decreased, but each chasm now has 100% chance to spawn a Shadow Orb." So I'm thinking the generator is checking all the chasms and adding shadow orbs to them and then there's no room for hearts if flagged as corruption. (Of course I could just be unlucky or completely wrong about how it works). I would really appreciate if this could be fixed so I can have a corruption world with the crimson hearts as well.

Edit: I tried generating a few more worlds set as Crimson with Corruption chasms, and they all only have crimson hearts. I guess I was just lucky to get one that had both? Either way that's what I really wanted when I saw the option to have both Crimson and Corruption, I want both Shadow orbs and Crimson Hearts in the same world.

Edit again: I've generated a few more test worlds and all small, medium and large worlds I only get shadow orbs on corruption based worlds with crimson, no matter how many of each biome I choose to generate. Crimson with corruption does sometimes spawn shadow orbs, but usually it's just hearts, I had a world with 2 crimson, 2 corruption and only one shadow orb was generated among all the hearts. I did get one world that spawned about a 1:3 ratio of orbs to hearts, but it seems to be a very rare occurrence.

Another annoying thing: both ways seem to always generate the corruption on top of crimson if they are generated in the same area (which is annoying because the main crimson chasm gets blocked and some of the crimson orbs are surrounded by corruption), so another request if possible would be to generate crimson on top of corruption so the crimson chasm is unaffected.

Side Note: I would like to know what version of Visual Studio and Windows is required to work with the project if it matters?

Last edited:
Hello, I love this mod, it really does help me out so much because Terraria isn't the best with world Gen, there's just one thing I'd like to say.

I'm wondering about the fact that TerraCustom seems to make maximum world height only a 1000 feet on large worlds because I'm very sure the maximum height on my Vanilla Terraria large world is about 1400 feet, the Space biome/music itself starts at only 600 feet when I remember it starting at a 1000 feet.
And due to that it seems like the floating islands are also much lower height, actually i only found 2 floating islands really close to ground, others were reasonably high.
And I'm sure its a Large world because it says so in the world selection menu.
Also reflecting on what I said about the height, it seems like the world has a bigger Cavern area too just by looking at my map.
I'm kinda speculating the width of the world too but I'm strongly sure that's just because i'm used to large worlds, especially travelling horizontally.

I did change the surface height variance option in the terrain submenu but that shouldn't tamper with the general world height, only the distance from surface to underground.
And no, I'm also pretty sure I didn't tamper or accidentally change the world Height and Width in the terrain submenu, but it really does seem like maybe something did change there when you read through the 1st paragraph.
So is TerraCustom somehow changing the dimensions of the world for some reason?

Thanks

Hello, I love this mod, it really does help me out so much because Terraria isn't the best with world Gen, there's just one thing I'd like to say.

I'm wondering about the fact that TerraCustom seems to make maximum world height only a 1000 feet on large worlds because I'm very sure the maximum height on my Vanilla Terraria large world is about 1400 feet, the Space biome/music itself starts at only 600 feet when I remember it starting at a 1000 feet.
And due to that it seems like the floating islands are also much lower height, actually i only found 2 floating islands really close to ground, others were reasonably high.
And I'm sure its a Large world because it says so in the world selection menu.
Also reflecting on what I said about the height, it seems like the world has a bigger Cavern area too just by looking at my map.
I'm kinda speculating the width of the world too but I'm strongly sure that's just because i'm used to large worlds, especially travelling horizontally.

I did change the surface height variance option in the terrain submenu but that shouldn't tamper with the general world height, only the distance from surface to underground.
And no, I'm also pretty sure I didn't tamper or accidentally change the world Height and Width in the terrain submenu, but it really does seem like maybe something did change there when you read through the 1st paragraph.
So is TerraCustom somehow changing the dimensions of the world for some reason?

Thanks
are u measuring blocks from the ground or using a depth meter? bc blocks from the ground can vary. I've never seen this problem, so its possible its something on ur end

are u measuring blocks from the ground or using a depth meter? bc blocks from the ground can vary. I've never seen this problem, so its possible its something on ur end

Measuring using a Depth meter, otherwise i wouldn't have said feet, it's not the ground level thats too high, its the fact that the world seems like it took 400 feet from space and put it into the cavern area. Do note that feet is different than blocks.
I know this because once using gravitational potions i got up to 1000 feet and then it flipped me so i know that is apparently the max height in that particular world
and once surpassing 600 feet then the space song played and the depth meter also showed "Space"
I also have never had such a thing happen but it did :/
And well if you haven't used TerraCustom then obviously this won't happen because Vanilla Terraria large worlds are 1400 feet max height, whic is what it's suppose to be

Update: Ok so I did some testing meanwhile on a vanilla world and the max there was 1162 feet and Space music started playing higher than 600 feet

Last edited:
Hello! I'm sure it was mentioned before but how ores from this mod generate along with TerraCustom and LargeWorldEnabler? Are the ores going to be rarer than usual? Terracustom adjusts ore amount to world size but the question is whether this effect occurs with Thorium ores or not.

Hello! I'm sure it was mentioned before but how ores from this mod generate along with TerraCustom and LargeWorldEnabler? Are the ores going to be rarer than usual? Terracustom adjusts ore amount to world size but the question is whether this effect occurs with Thorium ores or not.

If you haven't changed the ore settings then it's just gonna be absolutely normal

What do you mean by 'normal'? The bigger the world, the more Thorium ores will appear? In the ore settings you can only set vanilla ores amount so how is it related?
the vanilla ore amounts are in percentage, so that shows that modded ores will b in percentage if they were available. because of this, the scale may not seem like its going to be any different, but 100% for a small world is much less than 100% for the biggest world possible, so that can be said about modded ores, too

When I make a world "Crimson with Corruption Chasms" There are no Shadow Orbs, there are ONLY Crimson Hearts in the Corruption Chasms. It used to make the Shadow Orbs, not sure if this is something 1.3.5 nipped, but thought I'd post it here

When I make a world "Crimson with Corruption Chasms" There are no Shadow Orbs, there are ONLY Crimson Hearts in the Corruption Chasms. It used to make the Shadow Orbs, not sure if this is something 1.3.5 nipped, but thought I'd post it here

So I made a world using Crimson with Corruption Chasms and yes that happened to my world too, I assume its because terraria gets confused with such a setting because terraria worlds always have 1 evil biome: corruption or crimson.

A temporary solution would be to edit the world with an external program like TEdit and replace those crimson hearts with shadow orbs.

I have tested a lot and managed to get "Crimson with Corruption Chasm" worlds generated with a mixture of hearts and orbs, though there always seems to be many more hearts than orbs. The problem is the "Corruption with Crimson Chasm" worlds seem to NEVER generate hearts. So if you're happy with that, you can keep trying and you'll eventually get both.

I wanted to look into fixing this but it seems I need to downgrade my 1.3.5.3 Terraria in order to get the source code. I'm not really up to doing that at the moment because it would probably be better to wait for it to be updated, which in turn needs tModLoader to be updated.

Ok then, if so then I would just like to say that in the Underground Background option, there are no Underground Hallow, Crimson and Corruption so I'd suggest adding options for those :3

Ok then, if so then I would just like to say that in the Underground Background option, there are no Underground Hallow, Crimson and Corruption so I'd suggest adding options for those :3
Background of underground evil and hallow biomes depends on the world ID only, so you can achieve different backgrounds using different seeds or change the existing one in TEdit. Number of the background is calculated as remainder of the division seed by the total number of backgrounds available for this particular biome, so some combinations may not be achievable.

Background of underground evil and hallow biomes depends on the world ID only, so you can achieve different backgrounds using different seeds or change the existing one in TEdit. Number of the background is calculated as remainder of the division seed by the total number of backgrounds available for this particular biome, so some combinations may not be achievable.

oh but isnt that with every background?

And yeah i could do it in TEdit but just thought why not in TerraCustom

Back
Top Bottom