Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Jopojelly, I am also new to the forums and getting to know TerraCustom and a few mods. I am having an issue when trying to load TerraCustom with TerrariaOverhual.

Mods Currently in use:
Thorium
Spirit
CrystiliumMod
MagicStorage
TerrariaOverhual (added today and noticed the issue after adding when trying to create a new world.)
imkSushisMod
ItemChecklist
RecipeBrowser
WMITF ("What mod is this from")
LargeWorldEnabler
FKBossHealthBar

I know that seems like a a jumbled mess that is just asking for problems, but, I checked compatibility between the mods and they should all be fine. It's really just 3 content mods, a Game Overhual that is supposed to work well with the 3, and then some QoL mods that "shouldn't" be effecting things. My guess is that the problem lies with TerrariaOverhual or TerraCustom, or between them.

When I start terraCustom is complains that TerrariaOverhual was built for 10.1.2 of Tmodloader, and that I have 10.1.1 (Which is wrong, I have the correct 10.1.2 files.) and then spits out an error below that:
Code:
Expected resource not found:
    Dusts/DustSmoke
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
    icon

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddDust(String name, ModDust dust, String texture)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadDust(Type type)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Then I click continue, and it.... crashes lol. It disabled the mod like it was programmed to do, but, after re-enabling, it just does the same thing. I'm wanting to use terracustom so I can get both crimson and corruption on opposite sides, and both hardmode ores to spawn when I start breaking altars and a 16800x2400 world.

(Although after me and my wife played on our current 16800 wide world, we decided that it's a bit much, and I was thinking that maybe a simple 25% increase (10500 x 2400) would suffice.)

It would be nice to use Terracustom to create this new world, so that my wife and I can check the downed bosses we already have so we are not starting completely over, but, we can just use the tmodloader server prompt to create a world if it's going to take awhile to figure this out.

I'm pretty sure it's because TerraCustom hasn't been updated for tModLoader 10.1.2 yet. I got a similar error when I tried creating a new world with Sacred Tools. I could still enable the mod after, but because the world was already created, ores that spawn on worldgen (like Lapis) didn't appear. I think it's just a matter of waiting for the next update, or going back to a previous tModLoader version.

Jopojelly, I am also new to the forums and getting to know TerraCustom and a few mods. I am having an issue when trying to load TerraCustom with TerrariaOverhual.

Mods Currently in use:
Thorium
Spirit
CrystiliumMod
MagicStorage
TerrariaOverhual (added today and noticed the issue after adding when trying to create a new world.)
imkSushisMod
ItemChecklist
RecipeBrowser
WMITF ("What mod is this from")
LargeWorldEnabler
FKBossHealthBar

I know that seems like a a jumbled mess that is just asking for problems, but, I checked compatibility between the mods and they should all be fine. It's really just 3 content mods, a Game Overhual that is supposed to work well with the 3, and then some QoL mods that "shouldn't" be effecting things. My guess is that the problem lies with TerrariaOverhual or TerraCustom, or between them.

When I start terraCustom is complains that TerrariaOverhual was built for 10.1.2 of Tmodloader, and that I have 10.1.1 (Which is wrong, I have the correct 10.1.2 files.) and then spits out an error below that:
Code:
Expected resource not found:
    Dusts/DustSmoke
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
    icon

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddDust(String name, ModDust dust, String texture)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadDust(Type type)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Then I click continue, and it.... crashes lol. It disabled the mod like it was programmed to do, but, after re-enabling, it just does the same thing. I'm wanting to use terracustom so I can get both crimson and corruption on opposite sides, and both hardmode ores to spawn when I start breaking altars and a 16800x2400 world.

(Although after me and my wife played on our current 16800 wide world, we decided that it's a bit much, and I was thinking that maybe a simple 25% increase (10500 x 2400) would suffice.)

It would be nice to use Terracustom to create this new world, so that my wife and I can check the downed bosses we already have so we are not starting completely over, but, we can just use the tmodloader server prompt to create a world if it's going to take awhile to figure this out.
Yeah, TerraCUstom won't be updated to 0.10.1.2, not until it is fixed.

Oh, that is so strange, it was literally working just fine for me before I added TO >->; I am so sorry to bother you. I seen some posts earlier about people asking about an update, I thought it was for a different reason. I did the very thing I was trying not to. Sorry heheh.

Is there a way to fix, mod, or maybe just remove the scroll in main map view for extra large maps? I see that it breaks the scroll boundaries for me, and my OCD is really getting to me here, lol:

https://imgur.com/a/v86o1
v86o1

Thanks

When I try to create a Corruption world, the progress stops at "Generating Structures: Corruption Chasms..."
Does anyone know what the problem is?

When I try to create a Corruption world, the progress stops at "Generating Structures: Corruption Chasms..."
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Not sure, I've seen reports of this with tmodloader mods in play even in non-terracustom. I think some mod is doing something weird. If you aren't using mods, post the settings you used (Autosave-LastUsed.json) and I can look at it, if you are using mods, if you could narrow it down to 1 mod I could look at their code and see what is up. It would be nice to finally figure out which mod is causing this.

Can I use this mod to disable crimson/corruption spread?
Its just my main worlds and a total of 25% corruption and I want it just to
stay like that.

When I try to run Terraria nothing happens. I don't get an error message or anything.

I'll list the exact things I've done:
  • Downloaded 0.5.3.1
  • extracted TerraCustom vX.Y.Z.exe onto the desktop then dragged it into the Terraria folder
  • Renamed original terraria to Terraria_original.exe and renamed TerraCustom vX.Y.Z.exe to terraria.exe (Extension names are disabled, but I tried with .exe and without)
  • Tried running Terraria by clicking the icon I just renamed to terraria.exe/tried running from desktop icon/tried running from steam library
  • Tried running as admin, tried running in compatibility mode
  • Made an exclusion on my antivirus for the new .exe
Not really sure what else to try, nothing happens when I try to start the game
Oh and i'm running windows 10

Edit: Idk if this is the right log file, but maaaaybe this will help? It's the runprocess_log under program files/steam/logs

02/22/18 23:53:58 [AppID 105600] Exit Code (0) : "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe" /package "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\xnafx40_redist.msi" /passive GLE 0

Last edited:
When I try to run Terraria nothing happens. I don't get an error message or anything.

I'll list the exact things I've done:
  • Downloaded 0.5.3.1
  • extracted TerraCustom vX.Y.Z.exe onto the desktop then dragged it into the Terraria folder
  • Renamed original terraria to Terraria_original.exe and renamed TerraCustom vX.Y.Z.exe to terraria.exe (Extension names are disabled, but I tried with .exe and without)
  • Tried running Terraria by clicking the icon I just renamed to terraria.exe/tried running from desktop icon/tried running from steam library
  • Tried running as admin, tried running in compatibility mode
  • Made an exclusion on my antivirus for the new .exe
Not really sure what else to try, nothing happens when I try to start the game
Oh and i'm running windows 10

Edit: Idk if this is the right log file, but maaaaybe this will help? It's the runprocess_log under program files/steam/logs

02/22/18 23:53:58 [AppID 105600] Exit Code (0) : "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe" /package "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\xnafx40_redist.msi" /passive GLE 0
On windows all you have to do is copy the .exe from the .zip into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria and double click on it. You don't need to rename anything. I suggest using steam to verify game integrity (google it), and then just dragging the file in and double clicking on it.

I want to thank you jopo for all that you do for modded Terraria, particularly this tool. I generate all my worlds with it, mostly for the sake of having corruption and crimson in the same world. With terrain gen being goofy most of the time (strangely large vertical shifts in terrain etc), I always go in with TEdit after just to check terrain, distribution of rare items, and to balance out dungeon backgrounds so all the different hardmode dungeon enemies spawn regularly.

Feature requests:
1. Loot Normalization: Is it possible to interject a rule into the chest loot tables so that a world can't generate with, for instance: 0 aglets, 50 extractinators? I know that some items are much more common than others, but it would be nice to enforce some global min/max rules. Perhaps even on a per item basis.
2. Dungeon Background Distribution: Quite often I'll get dungeons with little-to-no background of a certain type, which makes it very hard to farm certain hardmode dungeon spawns (IE no sniper scope for the poor ranger). One of the things I always do in TEdit is paint over backgrounds to even it out. Can it be adjusted to closer to 1/3rd of each type?
3. Three Color Dungeons: Continuing from request 2, I've made a habit of editing the dungeon so that it's color coded for what spawns. I paint a chunk to have blue blocks and blue brick wall for blue armored bones and paladins to spawn in, a green blocks and slab wall section for rusty bones and snipers, and pink for the hell bones and diabolists. Is that possible to generate naturally? I know I'm getting greedy here. :p

In challenge options some options don't work.

No chests -- chests are always placed.
No hearts/orbs -- works only for orbs, with crimson the hearts are still in place.
No altars -- in corruption worlds it works fine. In crimson worlds it removes only 75% of altars, some are still in place.

No Jungle -- map generation hangs up on "Placing Altars" stage, both with Crimson and Corruption worlds, even if no altars option is enabled.

Vanilla terraria 1.3.5.3 (GOG)
TerraCustom 0.5.3.1
Map size small, Expert mode

Last edited:
I love this mod! Though 9/10 times I try to generate a world, it seems to get stuck on 'planting traps'... I've tried both reducing the number of traps and increasing the number of traps but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Any idea what's going on?

Can you set a map seed as well? If you let all random, does it generate the same map as vanilla Terraria?

Back
Top Bottom