tModLoader Terramon Mod: Pokémon in Terraria!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamzOJamz

Terrarian
TerramonLogo.png

The Terramon Mod is a Pokémon-inspired world in Terraria that has been in consistent development for over a year. You'll be able to battle, train and catch over 145 different species! Complete with proper and authentic mechanics, Terramon is an enjoyable mod for Pokémon veterans, casuals and new players alike.

The basics

The main part of the mod is, well, the Pokémon themselves! You'll be able to choose your starter Pokémon immediately the first time you play using any character while the mod is enabled. Right now there are only 3 options to choose from, but the rest are on their way.

StarterPokemonSelect.PNG

After picking your starter Pokémon, you can send it out to follow you via the sidebar on the left side of the screen:

40psOQO.gif

Now our Pokémon can follow us around on our adventures!

1ngUB4z.gif

Battling

One of the most requested features for this mod from the very beginning has been Pokémon battling, so of course we needed to add it at some point. Here's what starting a battle looks like right now;

Of course, we are also in the process of adding in a ton of unique moves. Here are a few clips of some of the one's we've implemented.

More screenshots

See the below spoiler for some more of our planned content.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Useful Links

If you stuck around long enough to reach the end of this post, thank you for taking interest in my mod! Below you may find some links that might interest you.

Community Discord Server

Last edited:
I hope you continue past gen 1 once you have everything done from that generation, gens 2-7 don't get enough love anymore...

Very nice pokemons. I like how they are drawn. I hope we can see more things in the future. Keep it up!:dryadwink:
P.S I like pokemons, they're so cute

I like the idea of having a pokemon mod on Terraria, the only problem is having their sprites coming directly from another game.
But It's a good initiative.

What do you mean? The sprites are taken directly from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series, and I assume they wouldn't be too hard to port into the game functionally.
I meant, as of lately we have changed the sprites of all the Pokemon to their overworld sprites from the main games.

Isn’t this gonna Get accused of copyright?
As far as I know, things (like fangames) are accused of copyright because they provide a free alternative to a paid game, sometimes with a Patreon page for the creators to gain profit. The mod will always be free, and we don't intend on remaking the base game of Pokemon as close as, say, Insurgence.

Looks fun! Can't wait to try it out myself and eventually have battles! :D Question: will you find pokemon trainers around randomly?

Looks fun! Can't wait to try it out myself and eventually have battles! :D Question: will you find pokemon trainers around randomly?
Answer: There is a Pokemon Trainer NPC that will move in as soon as there is free housing. He sells Pokeballs and Gameboys (essentially fancy music boxes), along with the ability to evolve Pokemon using candies.
Unfortunately we haven't included battles yet (I assume is why you said eventually), and thoughts on how it will work vary. However, we are still hoping to add it in the future, and constantly add new features to satisfy you until then!

Hey are there any plans to make this mod compatible with the "Leveled" mod? As of now they are uncompatible and every time I try to catch a pokemon the pokeball just breaks as if they miss their target entirely, also my starter doesn't attack or do anything and the wild pokemon are uncatchable critters basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom