Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating the arenaI mentioned needs only wood, torches, a bit of honey and heart lamps. It takes approximately 10 minutes of building and you're set for the boss fight, making it a guaranteed win if you're smart.

So, the building aspect involved in the arena is as little as it can be. :)

Yeah, until they buff his eyebeam so that it goes through blocks... *rolls eyes* I'm surprised they didn't do that to the OP Martian Saucer....
[DOUBLEPOST=1436488931,1436488592][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gentlemen, I would like to direct you to a post that should be in this thread as well http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-about-cheap-tactics.24290/page-3#post-604690

Eh... I have never, ever built a solid platform arena for Destroyer, so I dunno what he's going on about with the Destroyer being so "Bad". Just grab a Nimbus Rod and laugh at him.

I will agree about the bit with the requirement of super dodging ninja skills. What good is being a tank if you can't tank anything? Even with 100+ Defense, you still lose 150+ health to Deathrays. The only real defense against them is to build solid block bridges to block the beams.

But then you got pillar enemies who can take you from full to dead in <5 seconds if you're not super dodgy.

Oh wait, the Solar Pillar doesn't even let you dodge in the air, or a Crawtipede rips you to pieces. Stay on the ground and you get pounded to death by Corites who go through walls who can't be hit in the walls unless you have a Solar Eruption. These Corites hit you for upwards of 60 damage with 100 Defense.

That's supposed to be fair? They don't hit you once, oh no... they hit you and then they immediately charge you again and hit you again, and they keep repeating this over and over again until you kill them. Don't DARE try to jump over the Corites when they're doing this or the Crawltipede swoops down to reduce you to chunks. And of course when they charge you they end up charging inside of solid blocks where you can't hit them....

Eh... I have never, ever built a solid platform arena for Destroyer, so I dunno what he's going on about with the Destroyer being so "Bad". Just grab a Nimbus Rod and laugh at him.

Depending on which version of Terraria he played at that time, I can see his point. There was a time when Destroyer was ludicrous. There was also no Nimbus Rod, only the Harp could wreck it.

I will agree about the bit with the requirement of super dodging ninja skills. What good is being a tank if you can't tank anything? Even with 100+ Defense, you still lose 150+ health to Deathrays. The only real defense against them is to build solid block bridges to block the beams.

But then you got pillar enemies who can take you from full to dead in <5 seconds if you're not super dodgy.

Oh wait, the Solar Pillar doesn't even let you dodge in the air, or a Crawtipede rips you to pieces. Stay on the ground and you get pounded to death by Corites who go through walls who can't be hit in the walls unless you have a Solar Eruption. These Corites hit you for upwards of 60 damage with 100 Defense.

That's supposed to be fair? They don't hit you once, oh no... they hit you and then they immediately charge you again and hit you again, and they keep repeating this over and over again until you kill them. Don't DARE try to jump over the Corites when they're doing this or the Crawltipede swoops down to reduce you to chunks. And of course when they charge you they end up charging inside of solid blocks where you can't hit them....

Yeah, never had problems with Destroyer either, besides the first couple times I ever fought him.

The pillars I mostly solved with being against a wall and creating a wall of death in front of me. Clinger staff with two nimbus clouds in front of it, backed up by my stardust cells and razorblade typhoon :D. After I beat ML once I also had my Guardian to help. Didn't even need a wall to my back anymore ;)

Yeah, until they buff his eyebeam so that it goes through blocks... *rolls eyes* I'm surprised they didn't do that to the OP Martian Saucer....
[DOUBLEPOST=1436488931,1436488592][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, yeah... if that get's patched then there's still one more way of cheesing him and his lasers. :p Basically, the point is to get all of his eyes out "at the same time" and finish the battle asap afterwards. I do agree that the leech effect needs nerfing, as it's simple annoying... or that we at least get to cut out his damn tongue.

On a side note, regarding the solar pillar. You can actually dodge whilst flying, but you can't fly too high. After you get your health low, switch to vampire knives (in case of melee) and fly at low height to either left or right whilst hitting those bastards and healing yourself. Summon are also much appreciated. Using this, I mainly don't dye anymore while dealing with the solar mobs... Takes a bit of practice tho. But yeah, they still do hit like a truck. >_>

Depending on which version of Terraria he played at that time, I can see his point. There was a time when Destroyer was ludicrous.

Well, it certainly isn't true today, there's a whole host of weapons that makes the Destroyer a total pushover. Tier 3 Repeater + Jester Arrows... Nimbus Rod... Seedler... Fetid Claws... Cutlass...

Destroyer is probably the easiest hardmode boss in the game... well, ok... 2nd easiest after Golem.

Well, yeah... if that get's patched then there's still one more way of cheesing him and his lasers. :p Basically, the point is to get all of his eyes out "at the same time" and finish the battle asap afterwards. I do agree that the leech effect needs nerfing, as it's simple annoying... or that we at least get to cut out his damn tongue.

On a side note, regarding the solar pillar. You can actually dodge whilst flying, but you can't fly too high. After you get your health low, switch to vampire knives (in case of melee) and fly at low height to either left or right whilst hitting those bastards and healing yourself. Summon are also much appreciated. Using this, I mainly don't dye anymore while dealing with the solar mobs... Takes a bit of practice tho. But yeah, they still do hit like a truck. >_>

That isn't cheesing the boss... If you consider that cheesing, is standing still on a floating platform the only legit way to fight ML?

But yeah, they still do hit like a truck. >_>

Which is my entire point.

Why give us tank armor when tank armor is useless because everything kills you in seconds once you get to the Pillars? You either die in 3 hits or 2 hits. Big whoop.

Well, it certainly isn't true today, there's a whole host of weapons that makes the Destroyer a total pushover. Tier 3 Repeater + Jester Arrows... Nimbus Rod... Seedler... Fetid Claws... Cutlass...

Destroyer is probably the easiest hardmode boss in the game... well, ok... 2nd easiest after Golem.

I think you missed the point he was making, and that is after being forced to cheese a boss, he did it for all others, because the game incentivised him to do it.

Does not matter that now we have the arsenal to wipe the floor with the Destroyer, it wasn't always like this.

That isn't cheesing the boss... If you consider that cheesing, is standing still on a floating platform the only legit way to fight ML?
Well, it isn't completely cheesing, but on the other hand you completely avoid lasers that way. It kinda feels like cheesing tho, as you basically aren't doing anything but standing and wrecking him.

But then again, it's a way to fight too using the games given mechanics. So yeah, I didn't say that there's a "legit" way to fight him. Let's say that there are ways which are really, really simple and make the fight easy as a piece of cake, and there are hard as crap ways.

I found The Twins to be easier than the Destroyer, although that's just me.

Allowing the Moon Lord to teleport to you may have fixed the Nurse-cheese tactic, but now... The Moon Lord is now a monumental screw you to Rangers, Summoners, and Mages. Only Warriors (and related playstyles) will withstand its attacks outside of a very, very specialized arena.

That's going to suck.

EDIT: I don't know how many people know about this yet, and I cant find it on the Wiki... but Crawlipedes don't go after you if you stand on a mid-air platform. It helps a lot with the fight.

I think you missed the point he was making, and that is after being forced to cheese a boss, he did it for all others, because the game incentivised him to do it.

Perhaps. I always used wood platform arenas myself.

Kinda annoyed that I have to change everything up for this cheap boss with the "I KILL YOU NOW AND YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT YOU!!!" attacks...

I mean seriously, I'd LOVE to know what was hitting for so stinking much damage in the last phase of Moon Lord. I killed both hands and the head almost simultaneously, and then took off like a rocket, kiting him and I went from Full to 60% in like 2 seconds, then I hit the potion button, went back down to 60% before I could resume fire and then from 60% to just a couple hearts left, and then I was dead.

That was after fighting him for nearly 5 minutes getting his hands and head down without much trouble staying alive at all.

Just simply ridiculous. The best I've been able to do is use Daybreak and get him down to like 25% left. You just can't shear off that much damage before he kills you without cheesing him. You just can't.

I found The Twins to be easier than the Destroyer, although that's just me.

Allowing the Moon Lord to teleport to you may have fixed the Nurse-cheese tactic, but now... The Moon Lord is now a monumental screw you to Rangers, Summoners, and Mages. Only Warriors (and related playstyles) will withstand its attacks outside of a very, very specialized arena.

That's going to suck.
i bet i can beat him using pre-ML mage weapons and beetle armor still lol

Well, it isn't completely cheesing, but on the other hand you completely avoid lasers that way. It kinda feels like cheesing tho, as you basically aren't doing anything but standing and wrecking him.

But then again, it's a way to fight too using the games given mechanics. So yeah, I didn't say that there's a "legit" way to fight him. Let's say that there are ways which are really, really simple and make the fight easy as a piece of cake, and there are hard as crap ways.

You hardly "completely avoid the lasers" you can't kill the core so quickly that you don't see them. It's just being smart about fighting the boss.

I mean seriously, I'd LOVE to know what was hitting for so stinking much damage in the last phase of Moon Lord. I killed both hands and the head almost simultaneously, and then took off like a rocket, kiting him and I went from Full to 60% in like 2 seconds, then I hit the potion button, went back down to 60% before I could resume fire and then from 60% to just a couple hearts left, and then I was dead.

That's basically my experience with it, every time it got me. Get to the heart then it's pretty much insta-death if I don't put some distance between me and the boss fast.

Once it even spawned with the eyes already out. Killed me on the spot before I could say "what the f-", and that prompted me to make an account here.

That's basically my experience with it, every time it got me. Get to the heart then it's pretty much insta-death if I don't put some distance between me and the boss fast.

I took off as fast as I could fly with Fishron Wings, and it still wasn't enough.

Just how fast do they expect us to have to go? Are we REQUIRED to use Asphalt bridges now on bosses? *sigh*

Terraria was supposed to be a game that gave you OPTIONS.

I don't see the Options here. You either use a Unicorn, or Asphalt and run and run fast. Or die.

You hardly "completely avoid the lasers" you can't kill the core so quickly that you don't see them. It's just being smart about fighting the boss.

Oh, but you can completely avoid the lasers... :p Well, at least I do so at the moment. Just as I said, that's one way of doing it.

The other is moving, "hiding" and avoiding as many lasers as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom