PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You literally said it. Saying, "I was going to say "insert thing I would say if the moderators hadn't posted a warning not to say it" but now I won't." Doesn't mean you didn't say it.

Well, apparently developers disagree with you, since they want to fix exploits that affect how the game is played in what they view as a negative way.

And let me remind you kindly, case law (UK at least) disagrees with your logic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberville_v_Savage
TL;DR, the guy grabbed his sword and basically said something along the lines "If the judges arent watching, I would have cut you up"!
The claimant himself is committing assault when he grabbed the sword but the words he said that followed up negated the assault, so defendant cannot accuse the claimant himself for provocation.

Alright... I'm getting out of here. As a troper, I understand how bad Broken Base can be. No reason to convince anyone my thoughts are correct.

*unwatches thread*

Last edited:
Anyways this is not normal to avoid damage from boss with spike or another "tricks", that's all. Play normal mode if you can't beat him legit, simple as that.

A lot of the complaints are coming from people who can't beat him in normal (I hope.) While people see it as a problem, I'm not seeing it. I'm sure I will be labelled an elitist for this, but I enjoy it when I can't beat a boss. It makes me strive to figure it out. It's the same reason I avoid using guides, I want to see how it works myself and create my own way. Even if it ends up similar to or the same as someone else's way.

Edit to clarify: By I hope, I mean that complaints about Expert mode aren't really warranted and that I am assuming anyone who doesn't explicitly state Expert mode is talking about normal.

Last edited:
Regarding Moon Lord, I keep getting my :red: handled to me by the Cultist, even on Normal c:
I can't even beat Fishron rofl, only could the first two times before the buffing.

It seems there are two groups of people who can't beat the Moon Lord:
  1. People who can't beat the Moon Lord and attribute this to their lack of skill.
  2. People who can't beat the Moon Lord and attribute this to bad design.
Just a reminder to the people of the second group, calling the design bad when your own lack of skill is to blame is very insulting to the wonderful people who spent so many hours designing, programming, spriting and testing content. So please, take responsibility. It's just a game, being able to beat it isn't worthy to be put on your CV or anything.

And let me remind you kindly, case law (UK at least) disagrees with your logic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberville_v_Savage
TL;DR, the guy grabbed his sword and basically said something along the lines "If the judges arent watching, I would have cut you up"!
The claimant himself is committing assault when he grabbed the sword but the words he said that followed up negated the assault, so defendant cannot accuse the claimant himself for provocation.

Alright... I'm getting out of here. As a troper, I understand how bad Broken Base can be. No reason to convince anyone my thoughts are correct.

That is entirely different. You can't imply someone to death. Plus, UK law doesn't apply to this forum's rules for the most part.

You, pretty much, said that "elitists should go play (insert apparently difficult games) rather than disagree that the final boss should be nerfed. But, tried to circle around it by saying that you won't say it because the moderators told you not to.

The action that that law protects seems to be that it isn't assault to imply assault under different circumstances. He used words to imply an action. He didn't use his words to imply that he would say words, thereby saying the words his was implying.

Edit: You're also kind of leaving the part out that the guy lost his eye, and was charging him with assault. The other guy tried countering that his words provoked him, to which the judge decided that that wasn't assault or justification for attacking him.

Last edited:
Hey I have an idea, lets make it so if you spend an hour building a machine to beat the Moon Lord because you can't do it any other way lets just make that worthless since it won't do anything. Git gud plebs, I'm so smart.

Seriously though, unless you're good at the game just give up trying to beat the Moon Lord at all. Just go download an all item map if you want the items.

Wanted to clarify something for the thread, as its been asked several times and I haven't seen an answer given (this information is being provided for me to share here).

The Stardust Dragon change is complicated and involved a few things, so bear with me.

1. Prefixes weren't working with the Stardust Dragon correctly. So your "Ruthless" Stardust Dragon staff wasn't dealing Ruthless damage, just normal. This is one of the things that was fixed.
2. It was seen that the Stardust Dragon Staff was performing VERY well at "1 minion count" use, possibly too well. As a result, its base damage was decreased.
3. However, the scaling wherein "each additional minion" increases the power of the weapon has been increased. This means that a higher minion count investment is more rewarding than it was before (each minion increase should show a proportionally higher increase in damage than before this version)

The above was made with the consideration of the new prefix damage issue included; by my rough estimates, if you are using a good prefix on your staff, you should expect a SLIGHT decrease in performance on a 1-minion count Dragon compared to the previous versions (in other words, a Dragon being used by a non-Summoner) but by 2 or 3 minion count, the overall damage should come out about the same. Above 3 minion count, you should be seeing an improvement in Stardust Dragon damage compared to previous versions.

I hope that helps clarify things!
So its basically a buff for Summoner's, awesome :D

-Lemme cut it here-
Just to let you know, I like challenging the moon lord, but the thing is I just like my statues working along with my lanterns. I fight him on a flat restoration ground, timed to heal me every 15 seconds or so. He's pretty damn hard enough as it is, but make him harder in my opinion, it'd be half impossible to beat.

Yeah, I don't cheese as much. I do heart statues and wiring setups only, and even then he's pretty hard.

Just to let you know, I like challenging the moon lord, but the thing is I just like my statues working along with my lanterns. I fight him on a flat restoration ground, timed to heal me every 15 seconds or so. He's pretty damn hard enough as it is, but make him harder in my opinion, it'd be half impossible to beat.

He's not being made harder. If he was being made harder, the devs would give him a damage or health boost. What is happening here is simply that one strategy out of hundreds is being nerfed. If that would be the only strategy you could employ, then yes, he would be harder.

Hey I have an idea, lets make it so if you spend an hour building a machine to beat the Moon Lord because you can't do it any other way lets just make that worthless since it won't do anything. Git gud plebs, I'm so smart.

Seriously though, unless you're good at the game just give up trying to beat the Moon Lord at all. Just go download an all item map if you want the items.
If you have to use spikes, you're not doing anything right.

There are ways to build arenas. Use teleporters, minecarts, etc. Spikes are just... dumb.

By the way, if Moon Lord has its own cooldowns on damaging, does this mean I can get double damage (or two lines of damage) by for example hitting a zombie and the skill of Moon Lord?

By the way, if Moon Lord has its own cooldowns on damaging, does this mean I can get double damage (or two lines of damage) by for example hitting a zombie and the skill of Moon Lord?

Yes, the Moon Lord's attacks are separated from other damage. So, if you take damage from any source other than the Moon Lord, you are not protected from damage from the Moon Lord.

They were actually changing a ton of "cheesing" mechanics through Terraria's history. Meteor/hellstone blocks, etc.

But you forget: this is the last boss. Not just a boss.

Is the word of the week variants of the word "cheese" or something? The only reason you even know about these methods is because youtubers want to show how "smart" they are for possessing these techniques when the public isn't supposed to know them in the first place.

"I worked so hard on this boss and I would have been able to take a break if it wasn't for you meddling people with calculating minds!"

Not really sure if your reply answers my question, rather than a question I didn't ask.

In theory, yes. If you find yourself in constant contact with Moon Lord damage and a non-Moon Lord damage source, you will take damage from both of them. Generally, this is something that only happens when people arrange for it to happen though, and some RNG-related overlaps have been fixed, like Martian Invasion in the middle of Moon Lord.

People who can't beat the Moon Lord and attribute this to their lack of skill.
I've gotta agree that I'm lady ButterHands. I just hit like crazy with a weak-:red: set. I need to better up if I still wanna be like Yri, or even beat fishron again haha.

(no Arms Dealer emoticons? what? :redmunch:)

Spikes aren't strategy or intended by any reasonable definition, either. Spikes are clearly an obstacle. "Avoid this, it makes ouchies."

Dungeon spikes were never added, and never intended to be, a practical tile that you WANT to hug. It's pointy and unwelcoming. What sense does that even make?

It takes no player involvement to grab a spike from the dungeon, sit on it, and point at the boss until it dies. The nurse at least needs player involvement to use. Arenas need player action to take advantage of. Statues and spikes just aren't anywhere near 'the way the devs intended' because I'm pretty sure it's abundantly clear that all sources of damage to the player were 'intended' to be detrimental.

Wait! So does that mean that Moon Lord Head Laser and True eye of cthulhu and that ice laser from eyes does not count as the same dmg?:redmunch:

Is the word of the week variants of the word "cheese" or something? The only reason you even know about these methods is because youtubers want to show how "smart" they are for possessing these techniques when the public isn't supposed to know them in the first place.

"I worked so hard on this boss and I would have been able to take a break if it wasn't for you meddling people with calculating minds!"

Not really sure if your reply answers my question, rather than a question I didn't ask.
You use the words that fit the situation. How about "Making it anti-climatic"?

Actually, I've known about these for the longest. And spikes are not "calculating" methods.

And your real question is?

Wait! So does that mean that Moon Lord Head Laser and True eye of cthulhu and that ice laser from eyes does not count as the same dmg?:redmunch:

If all is working correctly, ALL of Moon Lord's damage sources count as the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom