Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Well it really, really sucks hearing about the Xbox. But as long as it doesn't have as many bugs as PS4, I'm good. But hey, at least we are getting the update right?

got a patch notice already wow. hopefully this shows people dont need to sound the alarm anymore, at least on these listed issues. great turnaround! dont stress about keeping pace too much, given its a break for first party! you guys deserve a break too.

These guys addressed issue that quick due to trying to save this game. They still have yet to address the game they've now ruined. And as for Xbox users. Have you not been reading the vast majority of posts for the other gamers? Saying "I don't care how it looks or plays I just want it" is like you wanting someone to shoot you in the face with a nail gun knowing how bad it will be and hundreds of people telling you exactly that and you still wanting it. Enjoy your working game while you can. I'm sure we'll see those same names screeching to the high heavens once they received the update and learn first hand that their game is now unplayable. The course of action, or lack there of, will be the tell tale on whether or not this company cares about this games playability anymore for consoles or they're only focus is pc. And for moderators that don't like people expressing true feeling....welcome to forums, a place designed exactly for this, be it positive and negative feed back! Moderate, don't police.

The update has finished and I decided to read the patch notes. It says the crashing during world conversion was fixed but sadly my worlds still won't convert. I have them backed up on cloud but this is slightly infuriating. Gonna try to figure something out but I will check back to see if you guys can help me.

Edit: Theorized it may be due to me having new items from playing with a friend. This was not the case. Is there a way you guys can delete my worlds for me since I can't get into the game? Maybe redownloading them from cloud might fix this.

Last edited:
Please just be straight with everyone who has been waiting on it to release for xbox one, could it still be certified before next year, or are the people we're waiting on also on holiday and its just too late? & if they do get it certified will you're team need to release it, and be able to release it ,considering im sure you guys are going on holiday as well? Thats the answer we need. You guys deserve a break, i think you've done a great job, i just really hope it drops on xb1 this week.

Is there any new ETA on the Switch version? As far as I know the latest official ETA is “2017” but obviously that is not happening.

I’m just curious if it’s now a Q1 estimate, or if it’s even later, or if there is a plan to get it out on a more specific date than “1Q18”?

These guys addressed issue that quick due to trying to save this game. They still have yet to address the game they've now ruined. And as for Xbox users. Have you not been reading the vast majority of posts for the other gamers? Saying "I don't care how it looks or plays I just want it" is like you wanting someone to shoot you in the face with a nail gun knowing how bad it will be and hundreds of people telling you exactly that and you still wanting it. Enjoy your working game while you can. I'm sure we'll see those same names screeching to the high heavens once they received the update and learn first hand that their game is now unplayable. The course of action, or lack there of, will be the tell tale on whether or not this company cares about this games playability anymore for consoles or they're only focus is pc. And for moderators that don't like people expressing true feeling....welcome to forums, a place designed exactly for this, be it positive and negative feed back! Moderate, don't police.
Not to be rude or anything but just because some people wont get over the fact that the game changed and its going to take time to get used to doesn't mean Pipeworks ruined the game, In my eyes they did a fantastic job, the game was recently released, maybe they plan on making changes here and there but people have to remember that its not their fault you arent used to this, Most games receive updates, few of them change everything. In this case, the entire code changed, just because one isn't used to the new features doesnt mean the game is ruined, it means you dont like change.

Not to be rude or anything but just because some people wont get over the fact that the game changed and its going to take time to get used to doesn't mean Pipeworks ruined the game, In my eyes they did a fantastic job, the game was recently released, maybe they plan on making changes here and there but people have to remember that its not their fault you arent used to this, Most games receive updates, few of them change everything. In this case, the entire code changed, just because one isn't used to the new features doesnt mean the game is ruined, it means you dont like change.
I see this patch was supposed to fix the crashing during world conversion. Any clue why it's still happening to me post patch? Can't even sign in to my own world. I have to play on someone elses.
[doublepost=1513652385,1513652203][/doublepost]
Maybe since you are so negative the game hates you, thought about that?
Ok... How was I being negative? I was simply giving a quick summary to see if you might have a slight idea as to what was happening.

I see this patch was supposed to fix the crashing during world conversion. Any clue why it's still happening to me post patch? Can't even sign in to my own world. I have to play on someone elses.
[doublepost=1513652385,1513652203][/doublepost]
Ok... How was I being negative? I was simply giving a quick summary to see if you might have a slight idea as to what was happening.
Srry I thought you were the guy I previously quoted, my bad

It is unfortunate to hear that you are still having problems after the hotfix. If you haven't already I would heartily recommend that you fill out this form to make sure that the proper people see the bug reports. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom