3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

It kinda bothers me how they would bring Terraria to 3DS but can't add all features I mean I understand why but it's just something that bothers me a bit but at the same time I'm glad it's on 3DS but in no way I'm saying that I hate them for porting the game to it

It kinda bothers me how they would bring Terraria to 3DS but can't add all features I mean I understand why but it's just something that bothers me a bit but at the same time I'm glad it's on 3DS but in no way I'm saying that I hate them for porting the game to it
Agreed.Though it was a great installment to the 3DS,I don't think this was the best selling point for a system that they probably knew wouldn't receive all content.But much agreed with your statement.

I have 2 ideas (I understand if my suggestion isn't possible) 1: Under the controls tab,if more than one layout was added (like Y is to jump and A is for an action) or make a custom control layout and 2:Adding more button function options to menus (for example, being able to change the X button from throwing stuff away to putting things in chests)

Hope I contributed something and hope somthing like this gets added`:)(im using the steampunker beacouse I just got her in my 3ds world)`:D:rslime:
-Imasheep

Last edited:

soooooooooooo when 3ds reaches the end of its life cycle (sooner than you think)

Honestly, I think this thread has probably reached the end of it's lifecycle. Not that I want people to feel like I'm overly critical of y'all, or that I want you to feel defensive, but I'm throwing in my two cent rant here and then taking this thread off my watch list for good.

The 3ds port for this game is GREAT. Yes, there's random crashes and random bugs. I wouldn't expect it any differently for a game this complex. But the developers have done an amazing job, and they've listened to and responded to the comments here and elsewhere much longer than expected. But, the game is VERY playable, and extremely enjoyable. In my humble opinion, it's a great hook to get players to the PC version of the game where there's obviously more content.

But in this thread there's a lot of complaining about wanting more features and more stuff that's in the full version of the game. There's a lot of whining about the little bugs. Listen, the 3DS platform is only capable of so much. The developers, too, only really want to put a certain amount of work into it before the cost just no longer pays off. They've done a fantastic job getting us to where we are now - and all of you should be more appreciative of that effort. I, personally, am very grateful that we even have Terraria on this console, and the developers have my sincere thanks.

Please, just enjoy what you have.

That's it, I'm out.

:islime:
Honestly, I think this thread has probably reached the end of it's lifecycle. Not that I want people to feel like I'm overly critical of y'all, or that I want you to feel defensive, but I'm throwing in my two cent rant here and then taking this thread off my watch list for good.

The 3ds port for this game is GREAT. Yes, there's random crashes and random bugs. I wouldn't expect it any differently for a game this complex. But the developers have done an amazing job, and they've listened to and responded to the comments here and elsewhere much longer than expected. But, the game is VERY playable, and extremely enjoyable. In my humble opinion, it's a great hook to get players to the PC version of the game where there's obviously more content.

But in this thread there's a lot of complaining about wanting more features and more stuff that's in the full version of the game. There's a lot of whining about the little bugs. Listen, the 3DS platform is only capable of so much. The developers, too, only really want to put a certain amount of work into it before the cost just no longer pays off. They've done a fantastic job getting us to where we are now - and all of you should be more appreciative of that effort. I, personally, am very grateful that we even have Terraria on this console, and the developers have my sincere thanks.

Please, just enjoy what you have.

That's it, I'm out.
Well...that is TRUE and I agree with the fact that this is a good game.And since the update,I haven't crashed! `:cool:GG people who made the game, GG`:cool:

they practically had to rebuild the game from scratch to get it on 3ds, didn't they?

...also its kinda amusingly obvious the 3ds is not built for 2d games. (says that guy who obsessed about this game porting to 3ds for months and has over 1000 hours, yikes.)

p.s. best arsenal exploitave of 3ds quirks is bubble gun and spectre hood~

Why am I still posting at 10:00? Who cares...anyway
they practically had to rebuild the game from scratch to get it on 3ds, didn't they?

...also its kinda amusingly obvious the 3ds is not built for 2d games. (says that guy who obsessed about this game porting to 3ds for months and has over 1000 hours, yikes.)

p.s. best arsenal exploitave of 3ds quirks is bubble gun and spectre hood~
You do have a good point! It's not like you can take something programmed for the PC and run it on 3ds. It won't work.
:kingslime:Ps how do you get bubble guns and specter armor?

The thread is silent because we have found most of the bugs and because the devs are being too silent. If anything, there should still be one more update at least, because leaving the game alone as it is with the item disappearing glitch still intact is not a good move at all. There are many people out there who are losing furniture items, ores, heart crystals and mana crystals from their inventory and they don't know why (which makes the game off-putting for them). I found out how this glitch happens, and this needs to be fixed, along with a couple of other glitches such as the butterfly jars glitch or the lock on mechanics not working for a couple of weapons

Last edited:
I'm sorry but having your worlds getting corrupted isn't acceptable. this is a great game indeed and I loved my time with it, but after watching so many people lose hundreds of hours of progress... I just can't recommend this port to anyone. doesn't matter if not everyone experiences this, many people do and it's just not ok.

any news @Deanzor?

I'm sorry but having your worlds getting corrupted isn't acceptable. this is a great game indeed and I loved my time with it, but after watching so many people lose hundreds of hours of progress... I just can't recommend this port to anyone. doesn't matter if not everyone experiences this, many people do and it's just not ok.

any news @Deanzor?
I agree with you. I lost three worlds to crashes and and one was incredibly laggy my 2ds when I was near my base.

Im kinda going off topic...but...
How do you defeat the twins?
I have full frost except a titanium mask (my defense is 56)There were many npc fatalities when I tried to kill them... (R.I.P ;(,:dryadcry:,:merchantcry:,:nursecrying:,`:cry: The demolist,arms dealer, party girl, and everyone except the pirate~:D)

I hope at the very least Travelling Merchant can make it onto 3DS. I know he's pretty big, but I've been wanting to make an archery character for a while and Pulse Bow is my favorite.

I've got 80 Mannequins and I count nine of them that don't show what's on them at all and various others that don't show the pants.

FfgV5ZG.jpg

I've got 80 Mannequins and I count nine of them that don't show what's on them at all and various others that don't show the pants.

FfgV5ZG.jpg
Sounds like you reached the maximum amount of items the screen can handle at once. Try placing more stuff down around there, I dare you :p Then you will also get flickering screens and possibly a completely black (but still usable) touch screen

Back
Top Bottom