Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, May 16, 2019.

1. SkeletalDestroyr

SkeletalDestroyr Skeletron

I think it might be as @Empty air sandwich said:
    which would somewhat explain the Destroyer's "many small metal devices jutting out of it", similar to that of the spine's transverse processes(I believe that's what the are called, but I'm not sure).
    Spine Destroyer 1.PNG Spine Destroyer 2.PNG

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    InstaFiz likes this.
  2. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

I mean, this is obvious when you consider you intentionally kill the Guide by burning him alive through a voodoo doll to summon the Wall of Flesh. It even says "You are a terrible person" in the tooltip. The whole game is basically you killing bad guys in order to unleash WORSE guys so you can kill them too, and unleash EVEN WORSE guys just for the pleasure of also ending them.

PTpirahna likes this.
  3. wqasdfghjwe

wqasdfghjwe Terrarian

that was good

4. LinkSans2000

LinkSans2000 Steampunker

*A Hat In Time - You Are All Bad Guys Intensifies*

5. FrozenFireNinja

FrozenFireNinja Terrarian

Coo

6. Enderzilla747

Enderzilla747 Terrarian

Seems like this implies that the Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow are not the only biome entities that spread. "The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - SOME of them are known as the Hallow, Corruption, and Crimson." The others just aren't implemented in the game, yet.

In the Crimson section, it states that thousands of worlds have been absorbed before...so Terraria Otherworld. An alternate timeline where the Corruption or Crimson have infested everything.

7. Heroic peanut

Heroic peanut Terrarian

WOW this is a awesome lore a little cheezy with the one dryad but still super cool and it totally puts the whole game together but where dose the destroyer of worlds come in because skeleton prime is cuthulus new skeleton and the twins are his new eyes I think but the destroyer were dose that fit in?
    Could a lore Deb maybe fill us in please? thx if so
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2019, Original Post Date: May 17, 2019 ---

8. Doubleozero7

Doubleozero7 Terrarian

I'm pretty sure Moon Lord was confirmed to be Cthulu's brother in Terraria, but maybe we'll need more lore to be released before we know for sure.

9. What they wrote here actually seems to contradict that from what I can interpret from it.

Dragrath likes this.
  10. Jetstream ∞

Jetstream ∞ Cultist

This was fantastic, and I love it dearly.

I always imagined the Lihzards used their Golems to make Cthulhu screw off, but alas, it was the dryads the whole time

SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  11. Joshua_274

Joshua_274 Skeletron Prime

I really need the story on why the Lihzahrd temple was built and why the Golem is made and also how did the Lihzahrd race came into being

12. ledlebrgr

ledlebrgr Terrarian

I always had my own thought, that the world was trying to defend itself from you. You are seen as a threat to the world, and it then throws everything it can at you to stop you. But, in the end, you grow too powerful for the world to stop.

13. MrJahanGuy

MrJahanGuy Skeletron Prime

Thats some good knowledge dropped on my head!
    Its a Dokuro reference

FiniteChaos and SkeletalDestroyr like this.
  14. Airarret

Airarret Terrarian

It's quite underwhelming to be quite honest.

If Skeletron is the skeleton of Cthulhu and the Moon Lord is Cthulhu reborn, why are their skulls completely different?
    Is the eater of worlds supposed to be the guts of Chtulhu now? His spine? His :red:?
    If Corruption and Crimson are both supposed to be balancing elements, why does only one ever naturally happen on a world? Why doesn't unleashing the ancient spirits of dark release the missing one instead?
    If the dryad is the single survivor, why is another dryad with a different name coming up after she dies in the game?

15. AdipemDragon

AdipemDragon Steampunker

So are y'all gonna give me the credit I deserve or

Jerryhh, Alucard3598, Kaosu and 12 others like this.
  16. Necrius

Necrius Skeletron Prime

Doesn't really feel thought out enough, especially biome descriptions (except corruption). I'd even say it's almost as bad as Starbound lore.

RNGesus and Yvori like this.
  17. FiniteChaos

FiniteChaos Terrarian

I've been playing/following Terraria since day one, and this lore honestly just feels clunky and redundant. At least the art is nice, but it's not even credited? What a joke.

18. DivermanSam

DivermanSam Golem

I want to preface this by saying I love Terraria to death. I've dedicated a large amount of my life to the community and it's players, but I have to say, adding official? lore to the game just doesn't sit right with me. I feel a lot of the events that take place in the game have suitable implications and themes that allow a player to form their own "lore" inside the game while not out right stating it. With a set in stone story, I feel it sorta takes something away from a sandbox game that's usually all about what the player wants to do in Terraria. But obviously I'm only one voice of millions. If the majority likes it, it can't be helped.

Dig, Fight, Build! ...but don't come up with your own backstory. ;)

19. <Vortex>

<Vortex> Official Terrarian

Why.

Just why.

Why would anyone think this was a good idea?

20. AmbusTHEONE

AmbusTHEONE Golem

This lore is cool as hell

The coolness quickly faded when all my character ever does is fishing and spelling swear words with the alphabet statues