Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • Mac release will likely come within weeks after 1.3 release
  • There might be more updates to Hell in the "next update"
  • They just added the ability to portal Town NPCs
  • New hallowed biome background (also last spoiler wasn't the last spoiler)

Sources:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cennxx/status/606600958227939328?p=v
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cennxx/status/606602370999533568?p=v
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cennxx/status/606602156716793856?p=v
https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/605799803939733504/photo/1

Last edited:
She said no more than a few weeks on the Mac release, so it's possible that it could come out days after 1.3.

Thanks, edited :)

Did we miss this?
94Ke3B2.gif

Source:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demilogic/status/575701175728803840?p=v

Last edited:
That enemy is the granite elemental, a new prehardmode monster, or hardmode that spawns in a granite biome, I think.

1.3 because it fixes old bugs new items (Portal gun) and it will make it easier to play with your friends
[DOUBLEPOST=1435329924,1435329881][/DOUBLEPOST]
That enemy is the granite elemental, a new prehardmode monster, or hardmode that spawns in a granite biome, I think.

You mean like the ice golem in 1.2?

No I do not. They are small, blue, floating orb like enemies that drop granite, I think. Also, there are granite golems, I think, they look like mini golems but I do not know what they are. Anyways, enjoy 1.3!

No I do not. They are small, blue, floating orb like enemies that drop granite, I think. Also, there are granite golems, I think, they look like mini golems but I do not know what they are. Anyways, enjoy 1.3!

you are thinking of ice elemental, there is an ice golem.

1.2 really fleshed out Terraria as a whole, but 1.1 added hardmode. Entering hardmode was practically like entering a whole new game and gave Terraria much more replayability in my eyes,

For the poll, I need to give it to 1.1, even though my actual favorite will likely be between 1.2 and 1.3

the reason for this is because 1.1 introduced hard mode in the first place, which 1.2 and 1.3 largely build on.

Even though I'm happy about 1.3, I think it'll truly shine only around ver. 1.3.1 or smth like that.

I hope a fix for the Quick Stack bug is coming soon.

Also I haven't really seen much prehardmode content yet..

Also I wish Medusa was more powerful in Expert mode <3 No seriously. I want her to be a boss, I have an elaborate idea about her too, including Mirror Glasses that lets you turn her power back on her ;D

I hope a fix for the Quick Stack bug is coming soon.

Also I haven't really seen much prehardmode content yet..

Also I wish Medusa was more powerful in Expert mode <3 No seriously. I want her to be a boss, I have an elaborate idea about her too, including Mirror Glasses that lets you turn her power back on her ;D
I'm guessing that would come with her being a lot rarer so you don't have to deal with a mini boss fight every few minutes, right?

I wonder what 1.3.1 will bring. And why revamp Hell, it's already got quite a facelift.

Completely. Disagree. A few red devils and a background doesn't really do it justice. It's still easier in Hell than in the Jungle, both in hardmode and pre-hardmode, which is just counter-intuitive and ruins any incentive to explore the Jungle.
The place needs new mobs, new types of enemies, natural hazards, and most importantly: New loot + game mechanics. It needs this not only pre-hardmode, but especially post-WoF. I'd prefer if there was some kind of lava-inhabiting creature that is a near-guaranteed death sentence so players would have to watch their step, as well as occasional danger zones where you risk encountering even more dire things.

I want the place to be an actual Hell, damnit, not just some gimmicky cavern layer with a bat on fire. It's supposed to be evil and fearsome; not safer than the jungle.

The Dungeon has received the most major facelift I can think of, and it's a better one. But all they did with the Dungeon (at least before 1.3) with Hardmode was add a few new mobs. No, that's it. No new chests (But you can access a couple of ones that were specially locked, albeit you get the same items every time anyway), no new dungeon mechanics or types of hazards in the environment, the appearance of the dungeon is identical, there are no Events going on in there.

All you really got in the Dungeon was a chance to obtain new drops. Thankfully, the Diabolist was actually difficult a lot of the time, and the Necromancers' ability to hit you actually forced you to think. But that's it.

Keep in mind, I haven't actually gotten post-plantera in 1.3 yet, I'm taking my time immersing. But so far, all I recall new about Hell is the fact that Hel-Fires drop all the time, and the graphics are vastly better. It needs more "Hell".

Back
Top Bottom