1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Terraria Launches Today on Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by Loki, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You'll have to talk to Nintendo about that, they set the price.

2. Dannyxv8

Dannyxv8 Terrarian

Reallly??? Wow, typical Nintendo.

3. Malefic weegee

Malefic weegee Terrarian

I just reported this, but I'm gonna post here to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Upon summoning an Imp, after exactly 1 in-game hour, it disappears as if toggled off. If a Summon Potion is used, the first Imp disappears after the second Imp's hour is up. This is really annoying during fights.

4. Goku0124

Goku0124 Terrarian

Is it possible to use mouse and keyboard on the switch version of Terraria. I've tried using the joycons and pro switch controller but its not working for me.

5. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

Take off your armor and just wait, you could also try use another character, put lava at spawn, and then join on the old frozen one, and then youll die

Bjorn likes this.
  6. Malefic weegee

Malefic weegee Terrarian

I closed and restarted the game when that started happening. Fixed for the time being.

7. XiaoXian10010

XiaoXian10010 Terrarian

Why is Android the most backward system? More attention needs to be paid to Android? I've been waiting two years. I'm disappointed in you guys.

8. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

They were waiting to update mobile for after switch release.
    Also pipeworks isn't even the mobile dev? Why are you complaining to them?

9. GamerUnity

GamerUnity Eye of Cthulhu

Isn't the publisher the one in control of the price?

Termina Moon likes this.
  10. Keener23

Keener23 Terrarian

Hey how do you report bugs on this website? I'm digging the switch version but its buggy which is incredibly, unbelievably, disappointing because of his long we had to wait for this to come out. Not (directly) blaming anyone but how's this happen with a game that, while still incredible, is old ASF and has been touched up and fixed/updated multiple times to make it run really well on other consoles. I dont know if this was normal when the update first came to consoles but o cant help but to feel like it should have came out with the most current update. Is there any reason why it didnt?

Termina Moon likes this.
  11. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form LInk is in the top post of the thread.

No, as explained here. And certainly not as an indie third-party title using Nintendo's distribution services and networks, which currently is the only way a Switch title sees the light of day. Console gaming is not an open market in the way PC gaming is.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    thejaxster likes this.
  12. Termina Moon

Termina Moon Terrarian

Nintendo do not set the price for third party games. The price is decided by the developer/publisher. I've heard this before (on this site no less), and it simply isn't true. I've even spoken with people that have their games on the eShop.

I daresay that it's simply corporate fluff trying to justify what is, let's face it, a massively inflated price. Games should get cheaper with time, not the other way around.

Though, personally I think the game is worth £25... but I'm totally not buying their reasoning. Guess it sounds a little better than the real reason it's so expensive.

13. Bigwee

Bigwee Terrarian

Terraria on Switch!?
    I wish for Lock On capabilities!
    It was on a handheld I enjoyed.(3DS)

Purpley likes this.
  14. Piggy0007

Piggy0007 Terrarian

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems that my Terraria Switch World has been corrupted. I don't truly know if it is or not, but it isn't opening at all.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594963017691824168/594964419813965845/video.mov
    video evidence of world not working^^
    this comment will most likely not be seen, but i just wanted to put it out there so maybe people who might have the same problem could relate to me or have further info. than I do.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. facepoppies

facepoppies Terrarian

Where can I go to find people to play with on switch?

Nigel368 likes this.
  16. dy_l_a_n

dy_l_a_n Terrarian

I have an issue, everytime I try to start my world it’ll say everything is loading and then once it is done the world won’t load, it’ll just be the logo and background. The music will still be playing and if I press buttons tips will still pop up, but it just won’t let me enter my world. Everything else works fine and i’ve restarted my switch multiple times and even have deleted the game but it still will not let me enter my world. If anybody can help or has any info that might help then i’ll take it because I seriously don’t want to start over on a new world at this point.

Dannyxv8, vladgalay and Piggy0007 like this.
  17. Piggy0007

Piggy0007 Terrarian

That is exactly what happened to me! I'm pretty sure that this means that the world is corrupted, but im still unsure. I've reported this as a bug and maybe they might respond.

18. Dannyxv8

Dannyxv8 Terrarian

Yep, having the exact same problem. Just great.

19. vladgalay

vladgalay Terrarian

I really enjoy playing the game so far, but the world file corruption seems to be a huge issue. The problem is just like one the dy_l_a_n and Piggy0007 described - at some point of loading process any text disappears. Just sent the bug report - hope that it will help to solve this problem ASAP.

Termina Moon and Dannyxv8 like this.
  20. vladgalay

vladgalay Terrarian

Speaking of the bugs and issues, am I the only one who cannot use the minecart? I try every way I know - I get close to the tracks, get cursor over the tracks (the minecart icon appears near the cursor) and press the "quick mount" button, or doing it PS Vita-style - crafting the minecart, placing it in the hotbar, and while it's chosen, trying to use it over the minecart tracks - nothing works for me. Equipping the minecart doesn't make the difference. Reported the bug, if it is a bug and not my misunderstanding of controls.

Also, there is some funny bug (or not bug, who knows) - while I was fishing on the surface, I suddenly started catching minecart tracks! I guess the game is just trolling me, knowing that I can't ride the rails right now :redmunch: