Take off your armor and just wait, you could also try use another character, put lava at spawn, and then join on the old frozen one, and then youll dieI found a bug and now I'm permanently stuck. Medusa did the stone debuff on me, and for some reason I'm stoned for life. The countdown of the debuff goes from 0 to -1 and further. Every time i reload my character I respawn stoned and nothing can kill me because I have to much hp.
I closed and restarted the game when that started happening. Fixed for the time being.Terraria on switch is awesome but anyone else have an issue with it "freezing" when it autosaves? I'm playing on a large world in handheld mode... super annoying. Other than that it's been great.
Why is Android the most backward system? More attention needs to be paid to Android? I've been waiting two years. I'm disappointed in you guys.
Happy Switch Launch Day, Terrarians!
That’s right - at long last, Terraria will be available for Nintendo Switch starting today on the Nintendo eShop with a physical/retail release coming just a little further down the road. It has been a long journey to get to this point, so we want to take a few moments to thank the entire development team at Pipeworks, as well as all of those in production support, QA, and more at 505 Games (publishers of Terraria on console and mobile).
To check out the eShop page to learn more or to pick up your digital copy, simply click the Terraria Switch boxart below!
So, all that said, here is what everyone can expect from Terraria on Nintendo Switch!
- Touch screen support to quickly navigate inventory and add more finesse in building, digging and combat (two joy-con controllers required per player)
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player's skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- Expert Mode - designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans - with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
All of that on top of the rest of the core Terraria game - one that is rich in content and gameplay that will keep you entertained for hundreds of hours!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master
- This is a port of the existing PS4/X1 port of Terraria, we aren’t supporting any console features that existed before our 22.214.171.124 port.
- Turning on autopause will disable build mode. If you want to be able to use build mode in your inventory, you need to turn off Autopause in Settings
- Some Switch features we talked about pre-launch weren’t quite ready for prime-time, and we’re going to talk about them in future updates. These include:
- Local docked split-screen
- Local wireless multiplayer
TOUCH SUPPORT DETAILS
- Under Settings in the Main Menu, and in the in-game Settings Menu, you can access a list of Touch Controls you can use in Terraria, including:
- While in-game, you can pinch the screen to zoom in and out
- Fair warning - this also uses your currently selected item, so make sure you don’t have a consumable selected!
- You can zoom all the way out to the full-screen map this way
- You can tap the screen to use / place items
- We’ve also added a zoom magnifier to help you see where you’re touching!
- You can tap the minimap to bring up the fullsize map
- You can also tap and drag the fullsize map to pan around
- You can tap and drag items around the Inventory and Equipment screen. Double-tapping an item in the inventory will enter build mode with it if applicable.
- In build mode you’ll get a semi-transparent grid around your character for extra-precise placement, also a good reminder that you’re in build mode
- You can double tap the Hotbar to open the Inventory
- You can double tap to toggle Accessory visibility
- You can tap buffs to cancel them, and most in-inventory/shop/chest functions are accessible with touch! Try tapping ‘Loot All’ instead of dragging the highlight all the way over there.
- You can use touch to interact with the virtual keyboard as well.
- We’re proud to announce we’re shipping with some HD rumble support. Mining is a lot more fun when you can feel the pick strike the earth! If you don’t like this feature, you can de-activate it by navigating to the Switch Settings menu -> Controllers and Sensors and turning off Controller Vibration.
As always, should you run into any issues with Terraria on Switch, we would ask that you utilize the link below to file your report. This is the fastest and cleanest way to get your report directly to the development team. The team will be keenly observing all reports and will get all over any needed fixes immediately.
We hope you share our immense excitement for this day and the potential that Terraria has on Switch. We feel like the Switch platform was almost tailor-made for a game like Terraria, and we are beyond excited to see what everyone creates and does on this new console!
They were waiting to update mobile for after switch release.Why is Android the most backward system? More attention needs to be paid to Android? I've been waiting two years. I'm disappointed in you guys.
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form LInk is in the top post of the thread.Hey how do you report bugs on this website? I'm digging the switch version but its buggy which is incredibly, unbelievably, disappointing because of his long we had to wait for this to come out. Not (directly) blaming anyone but how's this happen with a game that, while still incredible, is old ASF and has been touched up and fixed/updated multiple times to make it run really well on other consoles. I dont know if this was normal when the update first came to consoles but o cant help but to feel like it should have came out with the most current update. Is there any reason why it didnt?
No, as explained here. And certainly not as an indie third-party title using Nintendo's distribution services and networks, which currently is the only way a Switch title sees the light of day. Console gaming is not an open market in the way PC gaming is.Isn't the publisher the one in control of the price?
Nintendo do not set the price for third party games. The price is decided by the developer/publisher. I've heard this before (on this site no less), and it simply isn't true. I've even spoken with people that have their games on the eShop.Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form LInk is in the top post of the thread.
No, as explained here. And certainly not as an indie third-party title using Nintendo's distribution services and networks, which currently is the only way a Switch title sees the light of day. Console gaming is not an open market in the way PC gaming is.
That is exactly what happened to me! I'm pretty sure that this means that the world is corrupted, but im still unsure. I've reported this as a bug and maybe they might respond.I have an issue, everytime I try to start my world it’ll say everything is loading and then once it is done the world won’t load, it’ll just be the logo and background. The music will still be playing and if I press buttons tips will still pop up, but it just won’t let me enter my world. Everything else works fine and i’ve restarted my switch multiple times and even have deleted the game but it still will not let me enter my world. If anybody can help or has any info that might help then i’ll take it because I seriously don’t want to start over on a new world at this point.
Yep, having the exact same problem. Just great.I have an issue, everytime I try to start my world it’ll say everything is loading and then once it is done the world won’t load, it’ll just be the logo and background. The music will still be playing and if I press buttons tips will still pop up, but it just won’t let me enter my world. Everything else works fine and i’ve restarted my switch multiple times and even have deleted the game but it still will not let me enter my world. If anybody can help or has any info that might help then i’ll take it because I seriously don’t want to start over on a new world at this point.