Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have a firmware version it didn't say anything about the model
I'll PM you separately to try to resolve this.

We know of no reason that any model of Kindle Fire tablet would not be compatible with this update.

Sigh. I've been periodically checking this thread for months for my 10 year old son. I was super excited to tell him that the Amazon update had finally come today, but when we just did the update, all of his data got erased, including local data. Yes we have a google drive account, and we logged in as soon as we fired up the game after the update. I made sure to set up a Drive account for him just for this. (He has a Kindle Fire HD, 3rd Generation)

No one else seems to be complaining about this, but my son is literally bawling on the sofa, having lost everything that he worked so hard to get. He had everything.

In other news, I have a Galaxy S6, and the update doesn't appear for me at all.

Sigh. I've been periodically checking this thread for months for my 10 year old son. I was super excited to tell him that the Amazon update had finally come today, but when we just did the update, all of his data got erased, including local data. Yes we have a google drive account, and we logged in as soon as we fired up the game after the update. I made sure to set up a Drive account for him just for this. (He has a Kindle Fire HD, 3rd Generation)

No one else seems to be complaining about this, but my son is literally bawling on the sofa, having lost everything that he worked so hard to get. He had everything.
You didn't delete the app before updating it, did you? That would delete all of the data as well (worlds and characters), and as far as I know there is no recovery from that.

It updated just fine for me on my 3rd gen Fire HDX, I'm not sure what the problem was otherwise.

In other news, I have a Galaxy S6, and the update doesn't appear for me at all.
You have the Amazon version on your S6? Or the GooglePlay version?
My GooglePlay version last updated on April 20. This thread is about the Amazon version only, though.
eta: there's another Google/iOS update pending, see here for details.

I'm having the same issue
You need to specify what your device is - model, OS version, etc.

Last edited:
You didn't delete the app before updating it, did you? That would delete all of the data as well (worlds and characters), and as far as I know there is no recovery from that.

It updated just fine for me on my 3rd gen Fire HDX, I'm not sure what the problem was otherwise.

My GooglePlay version last updated on April 20. This thread is about the Amazon version only, though.

No, we didn't delete the game first. We just did the update.

As far as my phone, I have the Amazon version, not the Google Play version. (although it's been my intention to get the Google play version, then join together and give all our good stuff to the Google Play account so that we never have to deal with this Amazon crap again)

Again, my son's Kindle, 3rd Generation Kindle.
My phone: Galaxy S6, Marshmallow
Both Amazon version

I have a kindle fire hd 7 as well.

As a followup, my daughter also has a 3rd Generation Kindle (although she doesn't really play seriously) and I just tried the update for her. This time, instead of logging into Google before hitting the Play button, I checked to see if her local characters were there first before logging into Google.

The local saves are still there, but her cloud saves are gone. (her main character was on cloud save)

My son's main character was on local save.

I suspect that the app will not appear for any non-Kindle devices at this time.

On my wife's phone (Nexus 5) I went to the Amazon Underground app and attempted to install Terraria. She has never installed it, but we share the same amazon account, so it shows up as purchased in her Cloud tab. For one thing, it shows the older version of the app in the list, and secondly, when I click "Install" I just get a message that says "Download Failed"

My assumption is that for non-Kindle devices, the version hasn't been updated, which makes the update not appear for us, as well as tricking our devices into thinking we have the latest version.

I hate you.

Well, that's a little harsh. I only read the posts up to page 13. I really didn't know anyone else got it.
[doublepost=1465432191,1465432090][/doublepost]Mr. MrDarkHorse, you have to sign in to Google Drive to get back the saves on the girl's 3rd gen Kindle. It worked for my brother.

Sorry, I should have put a winky face in there or something. It sucks when everyone is super excited and we're personally experiencing nothing but frustration. Seriously i feel like a terrible father right now that I just erased my son's game.
[doublepost=1465432258,1465432211][/doublepost]
Well, that's a little harsh. I only read the posts up to page 13. I really didn't know anyone else got it.
[doublepost=1465432191,1465432090][/doublepost]Mr. MrDarkHorse, you have to sign in to Google Drive to get back the saves on the girl's 3rd gen Kindle. It worked for my brother.

Yeah we tried that. I appreciate you trying to help though. :)

I suspect that the app will not appear for any non-Kindle devices at this time.

On my wife's phone (Nexus 5) I went to the Amazon Underground app and attempted to install Terraria. She has never installed it, but we share the same amazon account, so it shows up as purchased in her Cloud tab. For one thing, it shows the older version of the app in the list, and secondly, when I click "Install" I just get a message that says "Download Failed"

My assumption is that for non-Kindle devices, the version hasn't been updated, which makes the update not appear for us, as well as tricking our devices into thinking we have the latest version.

Also, you might want to consider that trying to save a Kindle Fire application on a completely different platform. I notice that the different devices have different encodings, so you wouldn't be able to use a Amazon app on a Google phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom