Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, at first I couldn't stand the new art style of Otherworld, I still don't like it as much as the original, but it's growing on me. Now that I've realized that Otherworld will be something I actually want to play, I pursue its progress every so often. The problem here should be obvious, the lack of information is astounding. The official webpage has no news at all, and the only places that do have news (this forum and social media) have been outdated for months. I hardly see why Otherworld was even announced if there is no work being done on it, which leads me to believe that the devs just aren't releasing progress information, and to me that is severely disappointing considering that even indie games with only a single developer will still release something. Not sure what is holding them back but I wish we'd get some clarification on how far along they are.

I'll admit, at first I couldn't stand the new art style of Otherworld, I still don't like it as much as the original, but it's growing on me. Now that I've realized that Otherworld will be something I actually want to play, I pursue its progress every so often. The problem here should be obvious, the lack of information is astounding. The official webpage has no news at all, and the only places that do have news (this forum and social media) have been outdated for months. I hardly see why Otherworld was even announced if there is no work being done on it, which leads me to believe that the devs just aren't releasing progress information, and to me that is severely disappointing considering that even indie games with only a single developer will still release something. Not sure what is holding them back but I wish we'd get some clarification on how far along they are.
The lack of information is actually not surprising at all, considering the simple fact that Terraria is, at the core, a game that's all about discovery and surprises. Not knowing is the whole point of the game. Obviously Otherworld is a different game with different mechanics and goals, but it's still a Terraria game.

I don't want to know information about the game. I want to know a time-frame. Release date, if possible. Bullet points in a roadmap, progress flowchart. SOMETHING.

The lack of information is actually not surprising at all, considering the simple fact that Terraria is, at the core, a game that's all about discovery and surprises. Not knowing is the whole point of the game. Obviously Otherworld is a different game with different mechanics and goals, but it's still a Terraria game.
Good point. I had wanted a bunch of information about Otherworld, but I kind of feel like it'll be more fun to go in pretty much blind, unlike the original where I look everything up on the wiki and admittedly feel like I need to know EVERYTHING to succeed.

Will Overworked be for Mac, along with the other mentioned platforms?
[doublepost=1464000725,1464000626][/doublepost]

Sorry, I meant to say Terraria OTHERWORLD, but STUPID FREAKING SPELL CHECK decided that it doesn't like that name, so it was changed for some dumb reason.

[doublepost=1464000725,1464000626][/doublepost]

Sorry, I meant to say Terraria OTHERWORLD, but STUPID FREAKING SPELL CHECK decided that it doesn't like that name, so it was changed for some dumb reason.
The edit button was born for a reason. And please don't double post in the future.

The edit button was born for a reason. And please don't double post in the future.
So was the report button. You're not a moderator, please don't act like one. Thanks.

The posts were auto-merged, I fail to see what the big deal is.

Terraria:Overworld for Mac was included in the original announcement

Last edited:
I see why you would want to go in blind, that is what it is about, exploring. But I would atleast like to see something small, or something on progress instead of no information or nobody saying anything at all for 5 months

Reactions: PwR
Wow. Wouldn't have expected Crimson to be in this, but that is exciting! I'm curious to find out more about Crimson's involvement and about that floating Dungeon Structure thing. We also get a look at one of the new bosses which is exciting!
I know right, cant wait!

I am not suprised it isnt out yet.

What I am suprised is the literal flood of progress updates and several different threads and etc and etc. And now we have had dead silence for months. That does seem a bit strange to me.

I mean its their game, hype it how they want I guess. But just for future reference, my hype train derailed a couple months ago and is still merrily smouldering several miles back where I left it.

Personally, I would have staggered those content preview posts a bit more if it was me doing it. Not sure if this is a "live and learn" type of thing, or if they had really planned on hypeing it that much and then giving us radio silence for almost half a year.

Not really sure how I even feel about the game anymore really. Im sure im going to get it after it comes out. But I certainly dont feel that NEED to get it anymore.

I am not suprised it isnt out yet.

What I am suprised is the literal flood of progress updates and several different threads and etc and etc. And now we have had dead silence for months. That does seem a bit strange to me.

I mean its their game, hype it how they want I guess. But just for future reference, my hype train derailed a couple months ago and is still merrily smoldering several miles back where I left it.doop

Personally, I would have staggered those content preview posts a bit more if it was me doing it. Not sure if this is a "live and learn" type of thing, or if they had really planned on hypeing it that much and then giving us radio silence for almost half a year.

Not really sure how I even feel about the game anymore really. Im sure im going to get it after it comes out. But I certainly dont feel that NEED to get it anymore.
Nope, you need it, shut up.

I see why you would want to go in blind, that is what it is about, exploring. But I would atleast like to see something small, or something on progress instead of no information or nobody saying anything at all for 5 months

Same goes for me. I think we're due some sort of news on its progress at this point. I'd sure like some, at least.

I'm much more interested in a shiny new Terraria game (with bigger character sprites finally) than yet more updates to ol' reliable.

Thats what I mean. There is a space biome, but it is not in space or with spaceships or anything.
It should have spaceships. And Portal 2's space core.
150px-SpaceCore.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom