tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

@Mirsario Mkay, just wanted to let you know that the small dash that you can make from any sword is quite broken (like op) if you combine it with bunny hopping or just regular jumping in one direction, even upward. I can launch myself higher than cloud in a bottle would. Thinkin of fixin it or just lettin it go?

Also the mod is freakin sweet <3! I have around 2400 hours in Terraria and things get pretty boring after finishing it multiple times on hardest difficulty with all major mods, so a mod that changes mechanics!? and freakin bunny hops??? I love you bro!

@Misario Hi i seem to be having an issue with terraria leveled mod .Every time i kill an enemy i get no exp plus while using rockos arpg mod with this mod i seem to not get any extra damage with it. Might be because im just only level 10 but yeah idk if its this mod or just me under leveled but can you please look into the terraria leveled mod issue. Thx

There is a Compatibility issue with overhaul. I think this question is to me and gotest on our Terraria Leveled Topic.

Hey, week-old enjoyer of the mod here!
The recent update to 1.1.0 (Or 1.1.1) has made it so that bows consume ammo from "Endless" bows, such as those from the "Infinity - Endless Items" mod.
It used to be able to use the endless quivers correctly before the update, and some items such as the infinite grenade still work.
Is it a bug which is causing the situation?

Alright, made an account just for this.
I really love Terraria, but it kinda started to loose it's charm after a total of 650 hours.
So I decided to go into mods to fresh it up a bit for myself. (I hope that phrase makes sense in English)
Terraria Overhaul did a pretty good job at that.
There's only this one little problem I have with it.

I'm questioning your choices for Mini- and Megasharks.
They've got very slow spin up time.
It might be okay for boss fights when you just shoot non-stop, but for normal everyday use it's kinda unusable.

Now, it's your mod and you can do whatever you like, but I thought that I should make a suggestion.
If you want to make them feel powerful, all it really needs is a short (like, half a second) delay with notisable spin up sound before unleashing a stream of bullets at it's full fire rate.
Also, since they're both essentially hand-held LMG's, something like a 100-round magazine with a somewhat slow reload would be enough to compensate for high fire rate.

Again, just a suggestion. Feel free to tell me to piss off if you don't like it.

Also, the Wilhelm scream stopped being funny very fast

You might wanna fix the possessed hatchet animation: It's being held the completely wrong way. Edit: Same goes for the Paladin's hammer.
[doublepost=1502532540,1502532348][/doublepost]When you drop out of hatchet-throwing school.

Attachments

• Hatchet.PNG
    Hatchet.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
im getting lags really fast (from 75 fps to 40 fps) after killing some enemies while grinding in a specific area, and even if i use the mirror to teleport to another location my fps stays at 40, and the worst part is that the game runs so slow that while im fighting some bosses i randomly dash into them and die (shield of cthulhu).
i really wish for some optimization or atleast some options to reduce gore effects like blood.
hope my example was clear enough to understand, im really bad at describing.

im getting lags really fast (from 75 fps to 40 fps) after killing some enemies while grinding in a specific area, and even if i use the mirror to teleport to another location my fps stays at 40, and the worst part is that the game runs so slow that while im fighting some bosses i randomly dash into them and die (shield of cthulhu).
i really wish for some optimization or atleast some options to reduce gore effects like blood.
hope my example was clear enough to understand, im really bad at describing.

I'm pretty sure you can disable the extra gore in the config. Also, do you happen to have frameskip on or off?

I'm pretty sure you can disable the extra gore in the config. Also, do you happen to have frameskip on or off?
frameskip is turned off, never turned it on really, i also tweaked the config a bit but nothing changed really.
i think one more look on the config file couln't hurt though.

Edit: i turned off some more options, gonna look now if there are still any fps problems

Edit 2: problem solved, last time i checked the config file for overhaul i overlooked some options apparently, turned gore and blood options off completly, after killing some monsters my fps stayed at 75.
both gore and blood need some tweaks, i don't know if im the only person with fps problems but after some time of killing the ground is soaked with so much blood that its color is even changing like every 5 minutes (getting darker i mean).

Last edited:
The Super Shotgun seems to be messed up.
I don't remember how it was before the update, but i don't thing it's should be held by the stock.
Also, there was a cool reload animation, wasn't there? It's gone too.

Attachments

• Terraria 2017-08-12 20-08-03-01.png
    Terraria 2017-08-12 20-08-03-01.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 891
Paladin's hammer is being held at the wrong angle for the power throw.
Should I keep reporting these things? Or is there a different place for that?

Attachments

• Terraria 2017-08-12 20-34-56-82.png
    Terraria 2017-08-12 20-34-56-82.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 191
This is the place as far as I know,
he only gets on like once or twice everyday for a little bit to check for stuff like this I'm sure he'll respond soon.

The Super Shotgun seems to be messed up.
I don't remember how it was before the update, but i don't thing it's should be held by the stock.
Also, there was a cool reload animation, wasn't there? It's gone too.
WeaponOut?

Mod's Discord server would be a better place.

Someone needs to create a custom biome with the background of the original Doom (the mountains) and create custom blocks with the textures from the original Doom and create custom mobs that spawn in this biome and run this mod with it, you will have 2d Doom, even though Doom is technically 2.5d . People could make maps easily and the game already has all the weapons you would need though it would be nice to have straight up Doom weapons in the game as well.

Capture 2017-08-11 23_50_26.png

Last edited:
Okay, serious question.
Do Wizard's fireballs set things on fire?
Because I'm busy grinding through the eclipse and didn't see what happened but the furniture just caught on fire.
Everything else is made of bricks, so I'm not all that mad about it (btw, am I allowed to swear around here?), but why would you give an uncontrollable NPC an ability to potentially burn down the whole house and kill everyone at the first sight of a threat?
[doublepost=1502550934,1502550737][/doublepost]
WeaponOut?
Nope.
All I've got is Overhaul, Calamity and Echoes of the Ancients.

Back
Top Bottom