Terraria State of the Game - March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owls have always been my favorite critter! What do you think about an owl costume? Maybe based on the Rito from BotW or smth?

I have some questions
How characters hurt pitch in 1.4.5 works?
How to make hurt sound resource pack after new update? (for example add steve oof sound for player when getting hurt)

as a guy who does a lot of place-while-walking stuff, roller skates make me go hell yeah (for placing rails i can already do that with minecarts, but letting the roller skates ride on rails is also cool... imagine if we could use the mechanical cart lol)

Unpopular opinion:

At this rate they should just split the update into two parts. Release what they already made + fixes. And then continue working on the part 2.
Cause at this rate this update will be never released since they constantly keep adding more and more content and features to it and this causes the update to be delayed over and over again.

20240329_122356.jpg
I wonder what that mask and what that little creature there are shown at the bottom in the middle third of this month's SOTG banner are...
Edit: I also think that the white strings extending from the bottom are kite stands due to that a bit above there are the back segments of a kite.

Last edited:
View attachment 464337I wonder what that mask and what that little creature there are shown at the bottom in the middle third of this month's SOTG banner are...
Edit: I also think that the white strings extending from the bottom are kite stands due to that a bit above there are the back segments of a kite.
The mask and summon have already been revealed in previous spoilers; they're from Dead Cells.

There are people who believe there's a new paint or coating used to obtain the effect on the rainbow in the kite spoiler.

Problem is that there's already 30 different paints, plus two coatings that can be combined with each other and with paints. In addition, each tile gets both foreground and background colors, so you can double those values. Then each tile also can have four different wires, a liquid level, a liquid type, and an active or inactive status. That's a lot of flags and there's no real room for more without giving up and increasing the tile structure, which would automatically balloon the size of each world both in memory and on save files, because even in a Small world there are millions of tiles.
wonder what that mask and what that little creature there are shown at the bottom in the middle third of this month's SOTG banner are...
Those are already-known. The little creature is a Mushroom Boi minion, and the mask is the Beheaded vanity mask, both from the Dead Cells crossover.
1.4.5_Mushroom_Boi.gif

1.4.5_Dead_Cells_Flask_Room.png

Jungle, Desert, Ocean and Crimson biomes are also nearly ready. We already love how these tiles look, but we’ll be adding lots of smaller painted details too. There will be lots of details to discover as you reveal your world, and something we’ll be adding for sure are Critters! That’s where we’d love your help…

What are your Favourite Critters?
Bunnies? Penguins? Scorpions? Seagulls? We want to include fan favourite critters in our biome tile artwork, so please let us know your suggestions in the comments! We’ll be including as many as we can, so don’t miss out on the chance to have your top critter included on a tile!
All the variants of squirrels!

Seagulls?
Seagulls are my favorite critters since I have been on Sylt on Monday :)

Also on an unrelated note: @Lythael, to your reply (reply #47) that the update shall be split up: It is actually planned that the update is split up: In 1.4.5 the content comes but they said that crossplay comes in another update after 1.4.5. CF Terraria State of the Game - February 2024 (Writing it like that with ping since I cannot directly reply if I am editing a post.)
1711716644224.png

The art this month was brilliant!
Also, those skates are going into my building setup as soon as they come out.

The new banner system is going to thank my inventory so much while farming.

I also can't wait to check out the roller skating parkour maps that people will be rushing to make once 1.4.5 drops, it will effectively become the new golf.

Hi i recently had an idea, for the pixie wings to be buffed when in the hallow, and debuffed when in the crimson/corruption.

There are people who believe there's a new paint or coating used to obtain the effect on the rainbow in the kite spoiler.

Problem is that there's already 30 different paints, plus two coatings that can be combined with each other and with paints. In addition, each tile gets both foreground and background colors, so you can double those values. Then each tile also can have four different wires, a liquid level, a liquid type, and an active or inactive status. That's a lot of flags and there's no real room for more without giving up and increasing the tile structure, which would automatically balloon the size of each world both in memory and on save files, because even in a Small world there are millions of tiles.
I’m not expert on this but that’s not how paint and tile data works. Paint is stored in its own 5-bit number which means there can only be 31 paints in the game. This limit was actually reached before 1.4.4 but people really wanted Echo Paint.

The solution to this problem was coating. Echo and Illuminant Coating are stored in values (or a single value) separate from paint which means they can be layered on top of paints and each other. Technically another value (or bit) could be added for a Rainbow/Prismatic Coating. However, like I said I’m not an expert on Terraria’s code and don’t know how a third coating would effect game performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom