Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about mobile
;)
The plan last announced by the devs was they are going to finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1 versions, then start porting the code to Switch and mobile at the same time.

I'd say you are at least a few months from seeing a mobile update. More realistically it's probably late summer if the current track record is anything to go by.

Someone should update the mobile 1.3 release estimate on the wiki because it says this month and it's more likely for the devs to spontaneously develop superpowers than the update to come this month

Someone should update the mobile 1.3 release estimate on the wiki because it says this month and it's more likely for the devs to spontaneously develop superpowers than the update to come this month

Anyone can edit at the wiki. If others aren't doing it, take initiative and do it yourself.

The wiki is not an official source of information.
I know but people will assume that it's acurate and that will make the impatience in the forum's all the more prevalent and it's generally bad enough though it seems to have settled down the past few days

I'd probably say where gonna see mobile 1.3 in between October 2018-January 2019. Let's just say it's likely they'll bump into some bugs, and also, Coding is hard. VERY HARD. and when you make a 1 TINY mistake you must remove it by going through all that code you had written in the past WEEK maybe, otherwise you will have a glitch.

Just saying that coding is hard, so don't rush the devs (Damnit can wait for mobile 1.3, already wondering the result of my
1st battle with moon lord) :cool::cool::cool:

I know this probably isn't the place and time for this question, but since we've had enough time to play a lot of this patch, its getting a little stale, and I'm just wondering when a new patch is going to be. Yes, I understand that there is bugs that they need to fix, and trust me, I've seen all the ones that everyone has, but I'm just looking forward to playing what's on pc.

I know this probably isn't the place and time for this question, but since we've had enough time to play a lot of this patch, its getting a little stale, and I'm just wondering when a new patch is going to be. Yes, I understand that there is bugs that they need to fix, and trust me, I've seen all the ones that everyone has, but I'm just looking forward to playing what's on pc.
Stale already? :eek:You must have started playing 1.3 with an endgame character from 1.2.4. I suggest starting from scratch, playing with a new character (possibly in expert mode). That should keep you occupied for a while.
For me it took some 150+ hours to get to Moon Lord with a new character (expert mode).

The answer is a long time. The last announced plan was to finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1, move on to porting 1.3 to mobile and the Switch, finish hotfixing that version, then come back around and start developing the next patch for PS4/XB1. If the next patch only includes 1.3.1 then you've got even longer before you see any real content added too.

I notice that the biggest 2 bugs in PS4, (possibly XBox One,) are:
1. Moon Lord Crashing
2. The weird bug where you get stuck in chests.
[doublepost=1521131312,1521131243][/doublepost]
Stale already? :eek:You must have started playing 1.3 with an endgame character from 1.2.4. I suggest starting from scratch, playing with a new character (possibly in expert mode). That should keep you occupied for a while.
For me it took some 150+ hours to get to Moon Lord with a new character (expert mode).

Expert mode is pretty deadly with a new character.

The answer is a long time. The last announced plan was to finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1, move on to porting 1.3 to mobile and the Switch, finish hotfixing that version, then come back around and start developing the next patch for PS4/XB1. If the next patch only includes 1.3.1 then you've got even longer before you see any real content added too.

What? If that's true then that's just bad. They need to have a dedicated team to bring :red: up to speed, with both patches/fixes and new content moving us towards parity with the PC. They wrote all of this stuff about being able to do frequent updates to be able to catch up to the PC version. If they now put ps4/xbox on hold while they go about doing the mobile version, which others have pointed out, is probably not every remotely close to being done, then console is gonna be behind PC by a years ++ again.

Here’s one question for the devs and creators of terraria. Is 1.3 for mobile really going to come out this month??? If so you would make my day! :)

Here’s one question for the devs and creators of terraria. Is 1.3 for mobile really going to come out this month??? If so you would make my day! :)
I’m sorry to say this but Pipeworks just stated they have started to work on it and don’t have an ETA, which means they don’t have an estimate of when the update will be released. Considering how it took 2years to put this update on consoles, I would guess it will take them at least 6 months to finish this because of how much they worked on the previous gens. Don’t take my word as protect thought, I’m not a dev and have no idea how easy/hard reworking the entire mobile game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom