Weapons & Equip The 3 mechs get their own expert accessories

Them having unique items along with the minecart pieces isn't a new idea, but, these are the ideas I had for those items.

The Destroyer - Orbiter band
Whenever you get hit, fires 3 laser shots simultaneously from a triangle pattern outside of you aimed at enemies. The shots happen at the exact same time (or with a super small delay between each shot, just in case you're moving and changing line-of-sight). They are laser-shot speed and non-piercing, small but positive knockback to stop a flunky for a moment.
Damage is summon-type damage. Maybe also puts a DoT or bonus hit that increases in damage depending on the enemy's MaxHP, so the direct damage is neat against normal monsters while the DoT makes it not be absolutely meaningless on boss fights (or become too weak over progression), or somehow the laser itself already gains a scaling amount.
If you wanted to, you could make it, only once every 30sec+, be prepared to do 1 free round of shots unprovoked like the leaf crystal, so it can't be "a dead slot UNLESS you keep getting hit".
Symbolizes the Destroyer making more and more of those things as you fight it.
The Twins - Nerve necklace
-If HP is above 3/4: gives basic speedboot effect and +10% MovSpeed
-If HP is below 3/4: instead gives none of these and gives a significant MovSpeed reduction to you, but also around +10% to all Dmg&Speed&Crit

Symbolizes them being initially agile but changing to their different berserk mode later.
Works like a slot for speedboots when out-of-battle that automatically switches itself for a combat boost in-combat, but I thought of having a downside when activated to not be just like any other damage accessory, and if it boosts so much about damage like that it might be an interesting mode where it's harder to survive (by strategy instead of simply taking more damage) but you do do significantly better damage if you wanna try it.
If just the "boots to combat" idea sounds neat then it could have a lighter/different no-downside version that is the base drop and the other one would be a crafting upgrade.
Skeletron Prime - Hover jet
Slowfall in midair by holding Up. Stronger fall reduction than holding a wing past flight limit and won't stack with that. (or instead of holding Up merely upgrades the wing hover and makes you have it regardless of setup)
Symbolizes SkelePrime insisting on attacking you from above with ranged weapons. It won't let you fly forever but makes you stay airborne uniquely longer.
Could also work for mounts or not, like enhancing the Slime or Unicorn or Scutlix mount. Maybe also gives a tiny amount of DEF or %Dmg to compensate for the slot.​

Usually, you would want an Expert Accessory to last throughout the game with a unique function. The Orbiter Band seems like a watered down Spore Sac, so I wouldn't say this would serve a useful role, much less for a long time.

The Nerve Necklace has a use that conflicts with what the player would want. If you are taking damage, then you are usually not dodging the enemy well. If I were to reduce my movement speed when I go into critical health levels, then that would make me much more likely to die. No thank you.

The Hover Jet doesn't seem to have any use at all. If I wanted to fall slowly, I would drink a Featherfall Potion and not waste one of my accessory slots.

Personally, I find these ideas unique, but they should be changed to serve some sort of function that would, preferably, serve the player for a lofty amount of time AND make itself unique from other accessories and items.

I actually forgot about the Spore Sac. So in comparison making the lasers freely attack more often wouldn't look as crazy as I thought, and a big difference between them is that the laser shots would have full sight range like the leaf crystal (minus the wall-passing) and the laser shots move ultra fast targeted right to the enemy; the Spore Sac is essentially auto-placed landmines near your spot, it only creates spores near you, but also only near floor level instead of in the air along with you, and no matter what they rely on the enemy passing near them first of all. I remember often considering taking off the Spore Sac if I had it because even if it eats flunky walkers (better than this would), spores can become extremely less efficient depending on the place/event/boss you're actually trying to face. There is a difference between these in usability, and it's not like you would implode from choosing between zero and one and two of them as however you prefer
If its endgame potential would be in question considering how early you can get it, that would be dealt with by a crafting upgrade or two and they don't stack with each other if equipped together (I actually thought earlier that it also could fuse with some honey bee or cloak star items because those really can get pathetic, taking like a progression-related material plus that), or making it scale with your MaxHP post 400 in some sensible way

I'm not saying it has to be as I say but I understand to discuss
(and I just realized that making the fire rate get even faster as you have lower HP would tie nice in a vanity/lore sort of sense) (I initially thought the probes would only momentarily appear when they fired, but if it fired regularly then it could have 3 tiny ball probes constantly moving around in an X or circular pattern layered behind you)

The twins item I wrote as activating in 3/4 HP or below, as in that's way more than even half full, that is so not having to be in danger first, this ain't the old turtle shell or whatever. The threshold easily could be an even higher percentage than that, nothing says it can't be, basically the first any hit from a boss could already trigger the berserk. If a downside would involve reducing your MovSpeed in any kind of way then it's actually required by design that it doesn't activate at full HP (or only missing like 6%) otherwise that's practically just lowering your MovSpeed permanently even when out of battle or after barely getting scraped by a regular flying enemy once while going around.

The hover item I also thought wasn't generally useful, but I did think of it to be a STRONG reduction to any fall speed and it's MANUAL to do on and off at any second (and you keep sideways movement just like normal, I don't know if I made that clear), I thought it would be neat to use with long-range weapons especially against ground enemies just like how Skeletron Prime fights with all its body parts. You use wings and hold Up while going to any side, to fly and keep sometimes tapping the wing at around the same altitude instead of holding it, for what is essentially greatly extended wing flight time in an accessory, readily keeping full-speed movement in any direction while raining down carpets as you go straight forward in a long path, or bombing back and forth against the same enemies, or just hovering and fluttering in place. And then connecting a grappling hook recharges the wing, which is already possible but with this it wouldn't be required nearly as often to pull off. It's a playstyle thing. And again it could have other effects on top for equipping it and also maybe a super fastfall for Down

And if it affected some mounts then that would be a thing. Some are cool but have surprisingly limited movement considering they can't be active at the same time as wing-type items or hooks, some specifically use extra-jump accessories even if usually you wouldn't equip one from having wings (and some won't accept even extra jumps), at the very least this would be a long jump for them. One time I even thought of the Slime Mount as sort of a melee-class item because it in a way it lets you deal contact damage instead of taking it, but it's so limited in movement and it would be annoying to mount/unmount at flash speed just for those moments.

Back
Top Bottom