Weapons & Equip Buff Certain Accessories

1612499478363.png
Hellfire Treads
Remove this accessory from the game forever, or make an alternate recipe for the Terraspark Boots that uses this instead of Lava Waders. It just locks you out of Terraspark Boots for no reason, instead giving you get a vanity effect.
Tbh these aren't worth crafting , the same effect can be replicated by putting the Flame waker boots in the vanity slot and the Lava wanders on the accessory slot.

Maybe jumping while wearing the Hellfire Treads would make a burst of fire sparks appear from under you , the fire would linger on the ground dealing damage (maybe 15-20 so it isn't too broken) and the burst would also activate with the double jump gained from the Blizzard/Sandstorm/Cloud/Fart/Tsunami on a bottle/jar.
This would make The Hellfire treads unique and kinda worth crafting

This isn't really a buff as much as it's a change, but the Mechanical Ruler should be used to craft The Grand Design. It would also be given a button to toggle it's effects, like the ruler. The Grand Design should now also use 30 wire to make, mainly so it's not as expensive with a new item being added to it's recipe.

Frostspark Boots (and Terraspark Boots) should make Chilled make you go faster instead of slowing you down and make your attacks Chill enemies. The speed boost wouldn't be too much faster. Also, the Terraspark Boots should count icy water as ice and give you the mobility boost.

Diving Helmet should be made an accessory, and now be found in water chests or sold by the merchant.

Nature's Gift should increase magic damage by 8%. This would be made 6% when you upgrade it to the Mana Flower.

Jungle Rose should increase regeneration the lower the health you're at. This boost would kick in when you"re below 75% health. It should also make hearts drop from enemies on critical hits. And, it should be made more common.

Obsidian Water Walking Boots should give you three seconds of being able to stand on lava. This item should also carry over the Obsidian Skull's defense.

When falling from hurtful heights with the Obsidian Horseshoe equipped, it should make your next hit explode, doing double your weapon's damage and inflicting Hellfire. This would be able to hit enemies around the strick enemy. This item, like the Obsidian Water Walking Boots, should carry over the Obsidian Skull's defense.

Fairy Boots should be crafted with Lightning Boots and increase the spawn rate of fairies.

Mana Cloak should replenish mana when a star hits an ememy.

Edited Frostspark Boots, Nature's Gift, Jungle Rose, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, and Obsidian Horseshoe based off of Dreadnautilus5000's and J Bame's criticism.

Last edited:
Frostspark Boots (and Terraspark Boots) should make Chilled make you go faster instead of slowing you down. Not too much faster though. Also, the Terraspark Boots should count icy water as ice and give you the mobility boost.

Ice Skates' issue comes from being limited to a specific tile, found naturally only in one biome. These new effects are even more specific, and unlike with Ice Blocks which can be used as a weaker Asphalt in your arenas, there is hardly a way to exploit them.

Nature's Gift should increase magic damage by 6%. This would be lost when you upgrade it to the Mana Flower.

This change doesn't make much sense to me. Nobody uses the Nature's Gift, the entire purpose of that item is to be upgraded into a Mana Flower. A damage buff as tiny as +6% will do nothing to change that.

Jungle Rose should increase regeneration when below half health, maybe a little more than the Band of Regeneration. It should also be made more common.

It'd be cool if the Jungle Rose was a health-based alternative to the Mana Flower, but "maybe a bit more regen than the Band of Regeneration" is way way too little for a condition as strict as being below 50% health. The Frozen Turtle Shell has the same condition as this, and its effect is almost 50% better than the Worm Scarf, and that's considered to be a great defensive item unlike the Band of Regen.

Obsidian Water Walking Boots should make you set enemies aflame (with On Fire!) while standing/running on hellstone/meteorite. This would carry over to the Lava Waders and Terraspark Boots, (instead inflicting Hellfire) and would gain this effect while standing on lava.

This has the same issue as Ice Skates. Its effect is limited to one or two specific tiles and it does nothing outside of those. This effect is also a worse Magma Stone no matter how you look at it, and Magma Stone's effect isn't particularly great to begin with.

When falling from hurtful heights with the Obsidian Horseshoe equipped, it should give you the Inferno effect for five seconds.

Inferno is an underpowered debuff, but even assuming it is good, getting it for a very short duration only after falling from a certain height is way too underpowered.

This change doesn't make much sense to me. Nobody uses the Nature's Gift, the entire purpose of that item is to be upgraded into a Mana Flower. A damage buff as tiny as +6% will do nothing to change that.
I actually think 6% damage is better than what the mana flower does, most magic accesories just don't use enough mana to really mean anything, like with the crystal storm for example you only lose like 7% of your damage from mana sickness, which means that a perfect mana economy accesory would only restore that 7% damage, of course the mana flower isn't a perfect mana economy accesory, you still suffer from mana sickness just slightly less than you would without it.

Maybye the damage bonus could carry to the mana flower then when you upgrade to the arcane flower it adds some extra crit.

I actually think 6% damage is better than what the mana flower does, most magic accesories just don't use enough mana to really mean anything, like with the crystal storm for example you only lose like 7% of your damage from mana sickness, which means that a perfect mana economy accesory would only restore that 7% damage, of course the mana flower isn't a perfect mana economy accesory, you still suffer from mana sickness just slightly less than you would without it.

Maybye the damage bonus could carry to the mana flower then when you upgrade to the arcane flower it adds some extra crit.
But 6% increased damage won't make much of a difference in Pre-Hardmode, since your damage output isn't very high compared to in Hardmode.

Imagine you're using a Diamond Staff. Your average DPS without any gear would be around 50. If you get 6% extra damage, your average DPS would go up to around 55. It isn't much of an increase.

But 6% increased damage won't make much of a difference in Pre-Hardmode, since your damage output isn't very high compared to in Hardmode.

Imagine you're using a Diamond Staff. Your average DPS without any gear would be around 50. If you get 6% extra damage, your average DPS would go up to around 55. It isn't much of an increase.
But imagine you have a diamon robe/ jungle armor, this reduces the mana cost to 6.
With this you deplete 100 mana in 7.2 seconds.
Let's assume you are firing continuously and getting all your mana from potions
So for 5 of those seconds you have mana sickness averaging out to 12.5% damage loss, then there's 2.2 secon where you're healthy.
So in total you lose 8.7% damage from mana potions.
Equiping a mana flower doesn't even reduce the mana cost, all it does islet you time your potions perfectly, which doesn't do much when you consider the fact that you have 280 max mana, there is no harm in drinking a potion slightly early since you won't be wasting mana.

But imagine you have a diamon robe/ jungle armor, this reduces the mana cost to 6.
With this you deplete 100 mana in 7.2 seconds.
Let's assume you are firing continuously and getting all your mana from potions
So for 5 of those seconds you have mana sickness averaging out to 12.5% damage loss, then there's 2.2 secon where you're healthy.
So in total you lose 8.7% damage from mana potions.
Equiping a mana flower doesn't even reduce the mana cost, all it does islet you time your potions perfectly, which doesn't do much when you consider the fact that you have 280 max mana, there is no harm in drinking a potion slightly early since you won't be wasting mana.
I was arguing that 6% increased magic damage wouldn't be very much, not that the Mana Flower is useful.

So, I've been thinking about the berserker gloves recently, and their role in summoner builds. When you think about it, the berserker gloves really only offer increased whip speed, a bit of defense and auto-swing. However, over here in mobile town where auto-swing can be given to almost all weapons through the game options, this three-tier trinket gives only a bit of defence, which is negligible, and 12% whip speed, which, while being a decent buff, is ultimately not worth an accessory slot, especially since you can get almost the same bonus by drinking ale/sake. So, on mobile (and maybe console, Idk if they have the same option), there is ultimately zero reason to have the berserker glove over another +summon damage or mobility accessory.
Well, to fix this, I suggest that:
1) both the titan glove bonuses (extra knockback and melee weapon size) should apply to whips. The only real problem this could cause is the fact it would sort of bring obsidian armor to it's former power, but that's a problem with the still extremely powerful armor, not the small boost glove.
2) the flesh knuckles should increase spawn rates. This might seem like a weird addition, but I think it would fit nicely for a few reasons: first, the two classes that actually use berserker gloves enjoy farming, and they do it quite efficiently (melee has good crown control, summoner has minions that farm for the player), and anyone will ultimately want to have the flesh knuckles with them for farming, just like how you'd want to keep putrid scent to be left alone when exploring and building; second, there are more spawn rate reducing effects in the game (sunflowers, calming potions, invisibility potions, peace candles, being near NPC's) than there are effects that increase spawn rates (water candles, battle potions). Third, it would fit thematically, since the flesh knuckles already increase aggro, so having them attract more monsters makes more sense.

On a side note, I think it would be nice if putrid scent tinkers could at least keep the 5% damage. It's not a big enough bonus to actually change much, but it would at least make arcane flower and stalker's quiver have some reason to be chosen instead of their alternatives.

On a side note, I think it would be nice if putrid scent tinkers could at least keep the 5% damage. It's not a big enough bonus to actually change much, but it would at least make arcane flower and stalker's quiver have some reason to be chosen instead of their alternatives.
Probably only some tinkers, because the Recon Scope already provides 10% increased ranged damage and 10% increased ranged critical strike chance, and it's already a great ranger accessory.

I'd agree with this for the arcane flower but not the stalker's quiver, but magic quiver is already a powerful accesory. It may not be as strong as the sniper scope but compared to what you get in early hardmode when you also get the putrid scent it can't get a good upgrade.

Should also be noted that the molten quiver is also an incredibly small upgrade over the magic quiver.

View attachment 307136 Flesh Knuckles
Let's face it. Most players play singleplayer, for many reasons, like no one else they know can play with them, or they don't want to go through setting up servers, or people have bad internet connection, etc. The Putrid Scent is better than this accessory, because extra damage output is much better than a bit of extra defense, and the aggro-reducing effect actually does something in singleplayer. I think that it should give 10% damage reduction on top of the 8 extra defense, because damage reduction is much better than defense in most situations.
You'll probably have to limit the damage reduction in some way.
If the player stacks the 3 flesh knuckle accesories + worm scarf + frozen turtle shell + endurance potion + turtle armor, that's 97% damage reduction. So you could go 1 of 3 ways.

-add a cap to damage reduction similar to how mining speed is capped at 70%
-don't allow the flesh knuckle damage reduction to stack with its tinkers
-make damage reduction sources stack multiplicatively.

View attachment 307076View attachment 307077View attachment 307078View attachment 307079 Movement Speed Accessories
The Aglet and the Anklet of the Wings are pretty bad, because the extra movement speed does not apply to running boots or Wings. I think that it should, because for the majority of the game you'll be using those accessories. The Panic Necklace is alright, because of how big the movement speed boost is, but its only tinker sucks, because it's a combination of this and the Honey Comb, which is currently horrible. I think it needs a useful tinker so that it can actually be used in Hardmode.
Ok here's my idea for the anklet of the wind.

The anklet of the wind should adds 4mph of max run speed, this stacks with boots and wings. Lighting boots should also be changed, they should literally be a spectre boots and anklet combined. This means that the anklet's effects on wings would also be granted by the boots. This should help the lighting boots compete with amphibian boots as they allow wings to fly a bit faster horizontally as opposed to amphibian's vertical boost. Also I think it'd be fine to allow stacking anklets with lighting boots if you want even more speed.
The new tooltip should say "Increased max running speed and horizontal flight speed", this description will also be added to all its tinkers.

I would also remove anglet from the lighting boots recipe, it's annoying when you want to make lightning boots and you don't have it. Wood chests are somewhat rare in comparison to the size of their loot pool.

Last edited:
Ok here's my idea for the anklet of the wind.

The anklet of the wind should adds 4mph of max run speed, this stacks with boots and wings. Lighting boots should also be changed, they should literally be a rocket boots and anklet combined. This means that the anklet's effects on wings would also be granted by the boots. This should help the lighting boots compete with amphibian boots as they allow wings to fly a bit faster horizontally as opposed to amphibian's vertical boost. Also I think it'd be fine to allow stacking anklets with lighting boots if you want even more speed.
The new tooltip should say "Increased max running speed and horizontal flight speed", this description will also be added to all its tinkers.

I would also remove anglet from the lighting boots recipe, it's annoying when you want to make lightning boots and you don't have it. Wood chests are somewhat rare in comparison to the size of their loot pool.
The problem with this is that Rocket Boots don't allow you to run at 30 mph like Hermes Boots, Flurry Boots, etc., do. This effect is very useful for Pre-Hardmode, because you can't fly for very long and some of the bosses can be avoided by just running away. If Lightning Boots only required the Rocket Boots and the Anklet of the Wind to be crafted, then you'd have to sacrifice another accessory slot for the crucial running effect. I don't see any problem with removing the Aglet from the recipe though.

The problem with this is that Rocket Boots don't allow you to run at 30 mph like Hermes Boots, Flurry Boots, etc., do. This effect is very useful for Pre-Hardmode, because you can't fly for very long and some of the bosses can be avoided by just running away. If Lightning Boots only required the Rocket Boots and the Anklet of the Wind to be crafted, then you'd have to sacrifice another accessory slot for the crucial running effect. I don't see any problem with removing the Aglet from the recipe though.
oh I misspoke, when I said rocket boots I maent spectre boots... oops

I think movement speed as a stat just needs to be fixed. Make 15% movement speed also add 15% to max Hermes Boots speed and 15% to horizontal wing speed so it actually helps your mobility if you use it with things that you’d want to have for any mobility at all. This would apply to Anklet and all its further tinkers, but also to speed reforges, armor legpieces and Swiftness potions.

I think movement speed as a stat just needs to be fixed. Make 15% movement speed also add 15% to max Hermes Boots speed and 15% to horizontal wing speed so it actually helps your mobility if you use it with things that you’d want to have for any mobility at all. This would apply to Anklet and all its further tinkers, but also to speed reforges, armor legpieces and Swiftness potions.
This takes a lot more work than just fixing 2 accesories, making such a dramatic change to the stat would require re evaluating every source of movement speed. why does exquisitly stuffed a buff that can be obtained within minutes of starting the game give 40% movespeed but post moonlord armors only give 10%.

A nice and actually useful addition to the Obsidian Rose would be granting immunity to "on fire!" debuff. Well, at least that inflicted by lava.

Removing movement speed cap in 1.4 was a huge step towards stat viabilisation. However, bonuses provided by certain accessories and armors remain rather weak. Most of them need to be doubled or even tripled to be considered an option to substitute of sprinting boots. The other way of stat actualisation would be that proposed by whoneedsnamestbh which would require digit tweaking as well. So rebalancing movement speed bonuses is inevitable... if making this stat useful is the goal, of course.

While Celestial Magnet is an excellent accessory, it is by no means a necessity for mages. The rarity is unreasonable though. Maybe add a crafting recipy including Treasure Magnet in it?

I don't know what could save Climbing Gear from being useless. Probably it is only me who do not know where and how to use it efficiently. Now its most noticeable effect is motivating adventure map makers to include parkour quests involving them which is crime against humanity by itself.

Moving Lava Charm to shadow chests won't lock Lava Waders behind Skeletron since it is obtainable from Obsidian Crates.

I don't like the idea of combining two defensive stats (defense and damage reduction) on Flesh Knuckles. It would be just aesthetically more acceptable to have only one of them but strong enough to make it useful. However, I would think of a more unique effect for them. For example, 15% contact damage reduction (without defense bonuses). Looks like a nice effect for melee-oriented Berserker's Glove to have on. Of course, this effect should be non stackable with Flesh Knuckles' tinkers.

Suggested change to Pocket Mirror makes a very limited list of enemies trivial to fight. And from provided list I could notice only Nebula Laser projectile blocking to be actually useful. Essentially Pocket Mirror wouldn't change much conceptually.

A nice and actually useful addition to the Obsidian Rose would be granting immunity to "on fire!" debuff. Well, at least that inflicted by lava.

Removing movement speed cap in 1.4 was a huge step towards stat viabilisation. However, bonuses provided by certain accessories and armors remain rather weak. Most of them need to be doubled or even tripled to be considered an option to substitute of sprinting boots. The other way of stat actualisation would be that proposed by whoneedsnamestbh which would require digit tweaking as well. So rebalancing movement speed bonuses is inevitable... if making this stat useful is the goal, of course.

While Celestial Magnet is an excellent accessory, it is by no means a necessity for mages. The rarity is unreasonable though. Maybe add a crafting recipy including Treasure Magnet in it?

I don't know what could save Climbing Gear from being useless. Probably it is only me who do not know where and how to use it efficiently. Now its most noticeable effect is motivating adventure map makers to include parkour quests involving them which is crime against humanity by itself.

Moving Lava Charm to shadow chests won't lock Lava Waders behind Skeletron since it is obtainable from Obsidian Crates.

I don't like the idea of combining two defensive stats (defense and damage reduction) on Flesh Knuckles. It would be just aesthetically more acceptable to have only one of them but strong enough to make it useful. However, I would think of a more unique effect for them. For example, 15% contact damage reduction (without defense bonuses). Looks like a nice effect for melee-oriented Berserker's Glove to have on. Of course, this effect should be non stackable with Flesh Knuckles' tinkers.

Suggested change to Pocket Mirror makes a very limited list of enemies trivial to fight. And from provided list I could notice only Nebula Laser projectile blocking to be actually useful. Essentially Pocket Mirror wouldn't change much conceptually.
I think Obsidian Rose would be useless either way. Lava Charm completely ignores lava for 7 seconds and makes accidentally falling into lava a mon-issue, while Obsidian Skin is relatively cheap and can be used for any situation where you intentionally enter lava. Obsidian Rose wouldn’t have a niche next to either of these, especially not one worth an accessory slot.

I think Lava Waders should be kept where they are and be made common enough to get them when you actually need them. Even lava fishing is post-worm. They should be able to spawn underground anywhere like before and be more common in chests so you can actually get one by the time lava becomes a danger.

I don’t find climbing equipment useless, tbh. As far as mobility early game goes, it’s not my first choice but you have enough accessory slots to where I’d take it anyway. It’s helpful for digging vertically in caves, which is a small niche but it isn’t useless. Tiger climbing gear is probably useless though because you don’t have a use for the effect anymore by the end of the Goblin Army.

Reducing contact damage by 15% just seems rather weak. Almost every single threatening attack is a projectile, and even past that 15% is not only lower than Worm Scarf or Frozen Turtle Shell but also more limited since it only works on contact. I think it’s better if it were just a basic defense accessory, considering Putrid Scent is a basic offense accessory.

Agree with everything else here though.

I think Obsidian Rose would be useless either way. Lava Charm completely ignores lava for 7 seconds and makes accidentally falling into lava a mon-issue, while Obsidian Skin is relatively cheap and can be used for any situation where you intentionally enter lava. Obsidian Rose wouldn’t have a niche next to either of these, especially not one worth an accessory slot.

I think Lava Waders should be kept where they are and be made common enough to get them when you actually need them. Even lava fishing is post-worm. They should be able to spawn underground anywhere like before and be more common in chests so you can actually get one by the time lava becomes a danger.

I don’t find climbing equipment useless, tbh. As far as mobility early game goes, it’s not my first choice but you have enough accessory slots to where I’d take it anyway. It’s helpful for digging vertically in caves, which is a small niche but it isn’t useless. Tiger climbing gear is probably useless though because you don’t have a use for the effect anymore by the end of the Goblin Army.

Reducing contact damage by 15% just seems rather weak. Almost every single threatening attack is a projectile, and even past that 15% is not only lower than Worm Scarf or Frozen Turtle Shell but also more limited since it only works on contact. I think it’s better if it were just a basic defense accessory, considering Putrid Scent is a basic offense accessory.

Agree with everything else here though.
I'm not for moving lava charm to shadow chest. It was just a clarification note to the original post.

I meant Tiger Climbing Gear. Since it requires tinkerer's workshop in order to be crafted. But grappling hook can be bought right here if player haven't crafted any yet for some reason which does almost everything TCG does but better.

Yes, 15% contact damage reduction is probably too weak and could be raised to more appropriate numbers. However, I must disagree with the statement that almost every single threatening attack is a projectile. There are numerous examples, especially during events and some boss fights, where threats rely on contact damage a lot. Namely Plantera second phase, Duke Fishron third phase and his purple shark attack (and detonating bubbles too, if destructible projectiles count), a lot of Lunar events mobs etc.

I'm not for moving lava charm to shadow chest. It was just a clarification note to the original post.
Moving the Lava Charm to Shadow Chests was an attempt to make it easier to get. It should probably be a secondary item because most of the primary items are very useful weapons for the Wall of Flesh fight.
Yes, 15% contact damage reduction is probably too weak and could be raised to more appropriate numbers. However, I must disagree with the statement that almost every single threatening attack is a projectile. There are numerous examples, especially during events and some boss fights, where threats rely on contact damage a lot. Namely Plantera second phase, Duke Fishron third phase and his purple shark attack (and detonating bubbles too, if destructible projectiles count), a lot of Lunar events mobs etc.
In Hardmode, you've got pretty good mobility so dodging enemies that only attack with contact damage is pretty easy. There aren't many examples of bosses that have threatening attacks that rely on contact damage. Skeletron Prime is easy once the Prime Laser is destroyed, Duke Fishron's charge attack is pretty easy to dodge for most of the fight in my opinion, Empress of Light's dash attack is her easiest-to-dodge attack, and the Lunatic Cultist and Moon Lord don't even have ram attacks. Also, the most threatening enemies in the Lunar Events fire projectiles, such as Storm Divers, Alien Queens, Nebula Floaters, Evolution Beasts, and Flow Invaders.

In my opinion, 10% universal damage reduction would be much better than 15% contact damage reduction.

Back
Top Bottom