NPCs & Enemies The Clothier's curse still haunts him from time to time...

What do you think?

• Yea!

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Don't care...

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
"You are a terrible person."

Clothier_Voodoo_Doll.png

I had this idea while eating dinner today (it was a particularly awful piece of broccoli that inspired this, I believe). It's a simple aesthetic idea that really has no impact on general gameplay.

Clothier.png

My suggestion is that the Clothier is still haunted by the thoughts of his captor, Skeletron, even after its defeat. How would we personalize this, you ask? I'd suggest that his face can sometimes change into that of Skeletron (think of the Skeletron Mask) periodically on a Blood Moon - as if it's flashing. This would also be an effect if the Clothier Voodoo Doll is equipped by the player. Creepy, huh? He's not about to bust into a giant skeleton and try to grease the floor with your flesh; he's just a little creeped out by his voodoo doll. He knows what happened to the Guide, you know!

This is just a simple cosmetic change, and I don't know what it would do. If anyone thinks it should have gameplay changes - go ahead and suggest them! I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Skeletron_Mask.png

Support, this sounds pretty nice.

As an afterthought, I think he should say different things if you have the voodoo doll equipped. Along the lines of:
"Hey, what are you doing with that thing?"
"Get that doll away from me! I know its cursed!"
"Be careful with that blade!"
"Please don't throw that in lava."
"Don't hurt me! Nothing good can come of this!"

View attachment 19432

I had this idea while eating dinner today (it was a particularly awful piece of broccoli that inspired this, I believe). It's a simple aesthetic idea that really has no impact on general gameplay.

My suggestion is that the Clothier is still haunted by the thoughts of his captor, Skeletron, even after its defeat. How would we personalize this, you ask? I'd suggest that his face can sometimes change into that of Skeletron (think of the Skeletron Mask) periodically on a Blood Moon - as if it's flashing. This would also be an effect if the Clothier Voodoo Doll is equipped by the player. Creepy, huh? He's not about to bust into a giant skeleton and try to grease the floor with your flesh; he's just a little creeped out by his voodoo doll. He knows what happened to the Guide, you know!

This is just a simple cosmetic change, and I don't know what it would do. If anyone thinks it should have gameplay changes - go ahead and suggest them! I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Could be used to re-summon skeletron without the voodoo doll.

Could be used to re-summon skeletron without the voodoo doll.
First of all, there's no real need to quote the OP unless you're snipping out parts of it. We automatically assume you're replying to OP unless you specify otherwise.

Second of all... How can this be used to resummon skeletron w/o the Voodoo doll? Are you making a suggestion or a comment? I can't really tell at this point.

It's a very nice aesthetic idea, but I agree: it should have extra voice lines. Maybe make the Clothier crabby, as if he's on his period.

That would be amazing! I never have killed my Clothier (always kill Skeletron in another world), and I hate grinding the WoF for emblems, but this would still be a really cool aesthetic addition, I love stuff like this.

View attachment 19432

It sounds like a awesome cosmetic idea ;).
But the thing is once you kill the Skeletron his curse get's lifted from the spirtes of the Underworld (Or the Guardian), and it wouldn't really make any sense, since his cursed is already lifted (Unless he had another one), I'd probably give him a Blood Moon Curse, that way it would make a bit more sense :3.

It sounds like a awesome cosmetic idea ;).
But the thing is once you kill the Skeletron his curse get's lifted from the spirtes of the Underworld (Or the Guardian), and it wouldn't really make any sense, since his cursed is already lifted (Unless he had another one), I'd probably give him a Blood Moon Curse, that way it would make a bit more sense :3.
Yet, you can kill him with the doll equipped, and summon skeletron in the process.
How does that work?

possibly...

but...look at the description of the voodoo doll

"you are a terrible person"

maybe he just transform into skeleton when dies because...

"you are a terrible person..."

like a "revenge of clothier"

same with guide, you kill gude in the lava and wall of flesh spawns.

maybe is just they souls making revenge, and he is NOT cursed.

possibly...

but...look at the description of the voodoo doll

"you are a terrible person"

maybe he just transform into skeleton when dies because...

"you are a terrible person..."

like a "revenge of clothier"

same with guide, you kill gude in the lava and wall of flesh spawns.

maybe is just they souls making revenge, and he is NOT cursed.
By that logic, Batman is going to turn into Satan once he dies.

Back
Top Bottom