Console The Frost Moon is Rising on Console!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that you said your PS4 version sat unplayed because it doesn't live up to your expectations. You also insinuated every next gen console player would agree with you. My point is I don't agree with you and there is even weaker justifications for why my version doesn't have the content you desire.
Well, I guess they shouldn't add any of it because you enjoy your watered down version so much. I didn't insinuate that all next gen people feel the same. Read my post before putting words in my mouth. I said anyone that has played the pc version. That could be any other console player. Shelling out twenty dollars for a game that costs half that on the pc and has way more content doesn't bother you, huh? It bothers me and I am positive I am not alone in this. If you cannot see reason beyond this post then let's just agree to disagree. I could care less if you find my justifications weak or not.

I missed the "updates are delayed because 360 and ps3 cannot handle them" post. Was this actually stated by 505 or Engine?

Otherwise this is all a theoretical and speculative debate at best. :)

Yes it was. They stated that the last gen systems couldn't handle the inventory upgrade because of graphical limitations.i don't subscribe to speculation. If they had not said it, I wouldn't make arguements based on it.

Is the Snowman Cannon glitched, or was it purposefully changed so that it can't be used to mine (with rocket IVs)?
Not going to lie, that was what I was looking forward to the most.
:/

Now that I think about it, it probably froze the game. Bah!

Last edited:
Well, I guess they shouldn't add any of it because you enjoy your watered down version so much. I didn't insinuate that all next gen people feel the same. Read my post before putting words in my mouth. I said anyone that has played the pc version. That could be any other console player. Shelling out twenty dollars for a game that costs half that on the pc and has way more content doesn't bother you, huh? It bothers me and I am positive I am not alone in this. If you cannot see reason beyond this post then let's just agree to disagree. I could care less if you find my justifications weak or not.
My point is that I have played both :) There's no need to get heated my good sir. You're correct that you didn't say all next gen, my mistake. But you did insinuate that all people who had played both console and PC shared your feelings, I merely presented myself as an example where you are wrong in this assumption. :)
I missed the "updates are delayed because 360 and ps3 cannot handle them" post. Was this actually stated by 505 or Engine?

Otherwise this is all a theoretical and speculative debate at best. :)
Hes referring to the fact that consoles did not get the extra row of inventory space that PC got when 1.2 came out. This was due, from what I understand, to them being incapable of maintaining visibility and revamping the GUI for the new row to fit.

Btw. Why is there no xplay with Xbox 360 and xbox one? Both use xbox Live / same Servers?
I believe this is primarily due to the difference in Operating Software between Xbox One and Xbox 360. As far as I'm aware they don't actually use the same servers for both generations. If I remember correctly, you can't actually party chat with someone from a different gen either. The fact that Minecraft has managed to port saves makes me think it should at least be somewhat possible to port saves from x360 to X1 but Terraria as, we all know, is a very different game :)
Is the Snowman Cannon glitched, or was it purposefully changed so that it can't be used to mine (with rocket IVs)?
Not going to lie, that was what I was looking forward to the most.
:/

Now that I think about it, it probably froze the game. Bah!
I believe this was a change that was also implemented on the PC version. Not 100% sure why myself Xp

Last edited:
The GUI definitely needs to be revamped. While the one in use now is functional, it is a bit of a chore to craft and especially move specific items from chests. Lacking the extra space keeps you from using the 'loot all' button too many times. Sometimes, especially in the dungeon, you need to be able take certain items and leave others quickly. The crafting system on consoles is reminiscent of Minecrafts for console. Why not implement the way the inventory and crafting works on the pc? Its quick and intuitive. In my opinion, the best inventory and crafting GUI ever.

I have to agree with you Deadonarrival, I too feel like the PS4 is a bit watered down. I'm not saying I don't enjoy it because I love Terraria but it did cost 20 bucks which is twice what I paid for Terraria on PC. So where is my 20 bucks worth of content? I love and support Terraria since I first got it back a little after it first released on steam. However, there was talk about next gen getting worked on and cool updates, not to mention the fact that the system CAN handle the content unlike PS3.

PS3 lagged and if you tried doing something with a large amount of water well... get ready to hear the console roar up. With PS4 I noticed a huge difference in the games flow. It was smoother, it never once lagged, and it was harder because creating a large amount of enemies on screen is childs play to the console vs PS3's whining attitude (sort of speak).

I think a lot of key features like fishing, the palm trees, and the Boreal (snow) wood. I also really loved catching pets to match the pets I own in real life... Sadly theres no snakes or leopard geckos yet but heres hoping. I also really miss those awesome crystal lights you could make neon signs with so I can build a modern city.

The point is as amazing the smoothness is for PS4 and the not so great engine the PS3 is as well as that price tag, the content seems upsetting and the content feels lacked. The PS4 can handle it and its calling you name out 505... its saying "make me worth the 20 bucks".

I think a lot of key features like fishing, the palm trees, and the Boreal (snow) wood. I also really loved catching pets to match the pets I own in real life... Sadly theres no snakes or leopard geckos yet but heres hoping. I also really miss those awesome crystal lights you could make neon signs with so I can build a modern city.
Keep in mind that the PC items you've listed here weren't in PC 1.2.2 which is what consoles are currently at after the latest patches.

I have to agree with you Deadonarrival, I too feel like the PS4 is a bit watered down. I'm not saying I don't enjoy it because I love Terraria but it did cost 20 bucks which is twice what I paid for Terraria on PC. So where is my 20 bucks worth of content? I love and support Terraria since I first got it back a little after it first released on steam. However, there was talk about next gen getting worked on and cool updates, not to mention the fact that the system CAN handle the content unlike PS3.

PS3 lagged and if you tried doing something with a large amount of water well... get ready to hear the console roar up. With PS4 I noticed a huge difference in the games flow. It was smoother, it never once lagged, and it was harder because creating a large amount of enemies on screen is childs play to the console vs PS3's whining attitude (sort of speak).

The point is as amazing the smoothness is for PS4 and the not so great engine the PS3 is as well as that price tag, the content seems upsetting and the content feels lacked. The PS4 can handle it and its calling you name out 505... its saying "make me worth the 20 bucks".
yes I know that but I just wanted to bring my point across

yes I know that but I just wanted to bring my point across
But if you knew then your point doesn't really make a lot of sense :x Why didn't you just wait until console had the content you wanted before buying it, if you miss it so much?? (serious question)

Lol what is this 50 questions? Oh course I enjoy and support Terraria. I even said "I'm not saying I don't enjoy it but I paid 20 bucks which is twice what I paid on PC " I just wish it had the other two woods and the pearlstone brick because I make themed houses for each NPC. But it's not just that (which I know before you repeat yourself came after 1.2.2) I also feel like there's a lot of bugs like the cluster dungeon where a dungeon mistakes the underground for apart of itself and summons the Haitian only 20-30 blocks below the old man. The super high dungeon that also generates flower grass under it. The biomes sometimes meshing into each other. The character selection screen having a line through it so it looks like the legs were cut off. The super rare sort of messed up RGN. There's a lot of bugs and as everyone else states it's behind other consoles.

Man I got to really break down my statements

Lol what is this 50 questions? Oh course I enjoy and support Terraria. I even said "I'm not saying I don't enjoy it but I paid 20 bucks which is twice what I paid on PC " I just wish it had the other two woods and the pearlstone brick because I make themed houses for each NPC. But it's not just that (which I know before you repeat yourself came after 1.2.2) I also feel like there's a lot of bugs like the cluster dungeon where a dungeon mistakes the underground for apart of itself and summons the Haitian only 20-30 blocks below the old man. The super high dungeon that also generates flower grass under it. The biomes sometimes meshing into each other. The character selection screen having a line through it so it looks like the legs were cut off. The super rare sort of messed up RGN. There's a lot of bugs and as everyone else states it's behind other consoles.

Man I got to really break down my statements
Sorry for the pestering questions XD I'm trying to pin point your issue(s) so that I can respond to them appropnriately.
As far as those bugs go I could give you my best guess for why some of them occur but the best I can do for you is direct you to file them directly with 505 here: http://www.505games.com/contact

nah it's all good. If anything I feel like the pest and I already submitted a bug report I believe you commented on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom