IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- Uhlsrar --

Uhlsrar hadn't been paying attention to the interaction between Acies and the shopkeeper and thus didn't understand why she abruptly left the shop without buying any bolts. The drow considered asking Acies buy decided against it as he assumed her response would be along the lines of 'I didn't ask you to speak' and he had had enough of that for one day.

As the drow was about to head out he decided to ask the shopkeeper if she knew of the romurs about the rod, seeing no harm in it. "Excuse me, I've heard romurs about a merchant that passes through this city in possession of some magical rod, would you happen to know anything about that?"

N01zEee.png

~Jacqueline~

Jacqueline notices Acies leave the store. She wasn't paying much attention, but she was sure that she would have noticed if Acies had bought something.

"It would be a bit rude to simply leave without buying anything..." She thought. "Might as well see if they have any unique ammunition. It could come in handy at some point."

She approached the shopkeeper.

"Pardon me." She asked. "What do you have in terms of specialty ammunition? Arrows, to be specific."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
While she waited for her companions to wrap up whatever business they might partake in with the darthirii Acies wracked her brain to see if she knew anything more about these Immovable Rods, Tra'aln as Naza'arim had called them, and what the purpose of having all five of them might be.

((Arcana: d20+3))

tse34BL.png
The young boy took out rolled up bundle of a few pieces of parchment, describing the shipment of goods within the city from a farmlands not too far away. He handed it to Zack. This paperwork should let them make a large delivery without much question.

.....The merchant replied to Jacqueline with a similar answer as she did to Acies, only about arrows instead of bolts.

.....Acies had heard about a rod like these similar in her past, but Naza'arim had told her more than she knew before when showing and describing the item to her, when he went over the design and functionality when they were first introduced.

-- Uhlsrar --

The shopkeeper looked to have completed ignored the the drows question. To which the drow assumed that she had never heard of the rod. With that out if the way the drow left the ship joining Acies outside and awaiting the rest of the group to finish up their business.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Seeing Uhlsrar exit the shop Acies glanced at the male Drow. She let loose a small sigh and turned to face him.

"I feel as though we got off on the wrong foot so to speak. It is not your fault that you do not know a proper culture, you simply haven't been taught any better."

Acies rested a hand on Uhlsrar's shoulder and looked deep into his eyes.
"Rest assured, I will groom you into a proper Drow yet and make you my karliik rothe," as she said this Acies smiled and nodded once happily.

@Nike Leon @Chasm Guardian
6zknwmT.png

Platinum speaks to Azaka "Same here."
Roy quietly, trying not to get Zack's attention "Yes, I do recognize your voice, though, I need to tell you about my 'incident'... I no longer have my martial powers, I have lost every single maneuver and stance..." Platinum closes his eyes "...And my intelligence level has dropped..."

-- Uhlsrar --

Rothe? Uhlsrar didn't understand why Acies considered him to be inferior, as despite being a drow himself Uhlsrar had little knowledge of proper culture as Acies put it. He decided to entertain Acies request for the time being as it could be a learning experience.

"I commend you on taking on such a task as I have had little interaction with other drow and haven't had the ability to learn the proper culture." Uhlsrar said to Acies truthful as he had not met any drow other than Acies in this island, and he couldn't remember anything before arriving at this island.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies smiled brightly, clearly pleased by Uhlsrar's response. It is good he is eager to learn, maybe today hasn't been a total waste after all!

"We will start with the basics while we wait for the kitrye-darthirii and the rivvil dalhar," Acies removed her hood as she said this, letting her long hair flow freely. "As my rothe you will serve me to the best of your abilities without question or complaint; and I as your jabbress will offer you safety and proper exercises for your talents."
Upon saying this Acies then looked Uhlsrar in the eyes once more, waiting to see if he had questions thus far.

.....The group headed out into the hustle and bustle of Bariston, where city work, trade, and guard was everywhere; a standard afternoon in the city. Zack would remember the way to the main gate, if they were ready to leave.

-- Uhlsrar --

The drow considered what Acies had said. Serving to the best of his abilities would imply only having to do what he could do, therefore Uhlsrar saw no problem with this. The second part was a bit harder for him to accept, as despite being a follower rather than a leader, to follow without question wouldn't be the easiest task.

"Understandable, although following without question may need some getting used to," Uhlsrar told Acies.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"As my karliik rothe you will be afforded more leeway to question," Acies beamed forth another smile, clearly extremely overjoyed by Uhlsrar's compliance.
"It is wise for a jabress to keep a wise and questioning karliik rothe, within reason of course. We will have to find a temple of The Mistresses of Fate so the vows can be sanctified, you will take my family name and..." Acies stopped abruptly, the grin that had been splitting her from ear to ear slowly fading into a petulant frown.

"Actually I suppose you won't take my family name as I don't have one anymore..."
She released her hold on Uhlsrar's shoulder and pulled her hood back over her eyes, "That is enough for today Uhlsrar, I will teach you more later."

I0ih3nT.png

"Is it necessary for us to leave right away? I just remembered that I haven't gone shopping for new equipment since before I left Blacksteel, and, if anything else, I need some new armor."

"(Pfft, I should've taken care of that day I was at that city. I should not have left when I did...)" he let out a little sigh. Every now and then he felt bothered by the fact that he had abandoned his old travelling companions without telling them where he was going. Oh well, can't change that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom