IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZjxAKdo.png

Zack looked at Samuel. "How much money have you got? Armour can be very expensive."

6zknwmT.png

"(So many guards around...)" Platinum remembers that he has his mechanic's tools, and he looks to see if there are any signs of technology around...
"Hmm, I have 15 gold coins, but I feel like I'm missing a few items..."

6wwM1Mu.png
Roy Drake
" I'm sorry, I don't have money to spare
," Roy said to Samuel apologetically, "I would offer to give you my extra funds if I could."
Roy had left New Navon in a hurry. It was because he had heard about a dropwescaping a prison, and that drow sounded awfully similar to a drop who threatened to bash Roy with a tea kettle. So Roy had left, slightly paranoid, thinking he was going to be bashed on the head by this drow. Because of this, Roy wasn't able to continue with his newfound job as an armor polisher, and his funds were low.
Roy absently pondered where and when he would get another job -- a real job, not going around with the Claw committing crimes.

((I went ahead and assumed that Roy would hear about Acie's escape. Not every day there is a massive jailbreak))
((Also, phone post))

-- Uhlsrar --

Uhlsrar was unsure what to do. From what he gathered, it seemed to him being a rothe was part being a drow was. Yet becoming a rothe would mean giving up his values for Acies's. After all he would have to do what he was told even if he felt it wrong, that wasn't something Uhlsrar thought he could live with. Although Acies seemed to be jumping ahead and talking about taking vows which the drow wasn't sure he was ready for.

"Let's not commit to anything just yet, you wouldn't want a rothe who isn't fully committed to serving you, and more importantly you wouldn't want to appoint someone your karliik rothe without seeing how capable they are." Uhlsrar told Acies in an attempt to not commit himself to becoming her rothe, yet not make her mad that he wasn't taking up her offer.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Uhlsrar's words were a dull buzz to Acies' ears. She waved a hand idly at him, "Yes, yes, very well. Maybe tomorrow I'll teach you of the naut ilythiiri," she muttered halfheartedly.

Stupid girl, this pain you feel is what you get for babbling so much without thought. This thought was not Acies' own voice, but rather some blearily remembered mother; Acies knew that despite the fog clouding her mind such chastisement was usually followed by a slap or some other blow.

Look at me talking about taking a rothe and expanding the family name when I don't even have one to give. Despite being with another Drow for the first time since she arrived on this island Acies felt more alone now than she ever had, alone and very small.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby hung back while listening to both Acies and Uhlsrar's conversation as well as Jacqueline's with the shopkeeper. The shopping wasn't all that interesting, though he was intrigued by how it seemed that the shopkeeper sold special wares during select times, but after realizing that this wasn't one of those times he presumed she wouldn't present anything of interest and mostly stopped listening.

Ruby was surprised and slightly disappointed at seeing Uhlsrar being so submissive, he preferred a little bit of struggle, on the other hand he took great pleasure in seeing Acies pained by her lack of a family. He was also amused by how easily she had become highly excited at the slightest mention of following her whims. He realized that his initial conclusion that she was only hot-headed was actually incorrect, in reality she seemed highly mentally unstable and undisciplined, she was however clearly ambitious and he suspected she was pretty clever. This satisfied him as it meant she would most likely be easy to manipulate should the need arise. Uhlsrar's submissiveness suggested that he too would be easily manipulated, although different methods would be required for him. Jacqueline was quite silent compared to the others and was focused on things of pragmatic nature when she actually spoke, he concluded he would need more data on her before he made presumptions, although what he had didn't bode well.

..... The armory shopkeeper responded to Jacqueline's request. "Not the kind of thing that we normally sell, but I could have some commissioned for you. Come back tomorrow, perhaps? It shouldn't take too long to create blunt tips. I could sell them at twice the standard price, due to the specialized request, two gold per bundle of twenty arrows. How many would you require?"

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Despite her sullen mood the gears continued to turn in Acies' head, finally all clicking into place as she thought on her own stupidity and sudden rush of excitement towards taking a rothe; she would need to do something about that tonight after the others went to bed. After the gears clicked Acies felt a rush of clarity and looked to Uhlsrar and Ruby.

"You two are also skilled in arcane magic," time to begin the gambit, Acies thought as she paused, "do you know anything about the rods that Naza'arim failed to inform us?"

.....Zack, having spent the most time in Bariston of the group, would know of a local tanner that could provide armor for sale, if needed. He could direct the group to it easily without asking or wandering around.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"It's a rod that can completely anchor it's spatial position when you push a button on it, thus it becomes immovable, as its name suggests. It can carry a bit over 3600 kilograms of weight, after which the magic automatically deactivates it, you can also move it if you are extremely strong. Were you not listening when Naza'arim told us about them?" The question was mostly rhetorical in a sarcastic kind of way. "Anyway, I believe the name he used, Tra'aln, is just immovable rod in Auran, or maybe some other primordial dialect. And no, it's not a combination of "immovable" and "rod," it's a name, that's why I am unsure. That should be the only thing he didn't explain about them, well, apart from how you make them, but I don't know how to do that."

((I presume he didn't tell us how to make them? Since it's like lost knowledge or something.))

N01zEee.png

~Jacqueline~

"Likewise." Jacqueline responded and waved the shopkeeper farewell. She meets with her teammates to find them talking about the rod. She wasn't all the interested in the specifics of the rod, so Ruby's words flew straight over her head.

"I apologize for the wait. Shall we continue to our destination, or do you have other business you must attend to, Ms. Acies?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom