tModLoader The JoostMod

- Tweaked Tomato Head movement, it can no longer be used to fly with slow fall

RIP This change completely ruined Terraria for my. My birthday has also been ruined. And I'm pretty sure this is gonna cause my divorce.
How long ago was this change implemented?

Allow me to ask the great cactusey overlord Joost: What are the odds of you making a legendary scaling summon weapon?

I found a bug: apparently, equipping any items that affect use/throwing speed prevent Needles from being usable. Maybe use speed is already so high for the Needle that increasing it breaks it?

I found a bug: apparently, equipping any items that affect use/throwing speed prevent Needles from being usable. Maybe use speed is already so high for the Needle that increasing it breaks it?
Yes, any higher use time makes the needles unusable. There's no way to increase throwing attack speed in the base game so i didnt really worry about it.

Small update with a couple melee weapons.
Version 0.7.2.11
- Added Mighty Bamboo Shoot
- Added Pet Eyeball
- Fixed oversight where Sunfish ignored defense
- Reduced Sunfish tickrate from every 6 frames to every 9
- Tweaked Jumbo Cactuar, SA-X, and Gilgamesh loot droprates
- Grand Cactus Worm's Body Segments' Spikes now turn golden when invincible

Version 0.7.2.12
- Added Ascended Bamboo Shoot
- Fixed Mighty Bamboo Shoot not correctly displaying melee and ranged damage
- Increased Attack speed of True Pwnhammer, True Night's Wrath, and True Blood Breaker
- Tweaked knockback of shockwave attacks
- True Pwnhammer, True Night's Wrath, and True Blood Breaker's shockwaves go further​

how much FPS does the Joost mod take?
There are weapons in it (namely boook's bullet hell and the needle weapons) that create lots of projectiles thus lowering performance but there is no measurable fps drop from the mod just existing. The amount of fps reduced depends on many factors, namely hardware, how many other 32-bit programs you're running, and how many items, npcs, players, and projectiles exist in the world at any given time. It's impossible to give a number.

Then can you give an estimation from this?

With high graphics, and a background, i get around 30 FPS. If i turn graphics to retro OR turn off backgrounds, i get 60 FPS. Using both doesn't improve it more. I usally turn graphics to retro and keep the backgrounds. Very few times do i have to turn off backgrounds.

Then can you give an estimation from this?

With high graphics, and a background, i get around 30 FPS. If i turn graphics to retro OR turn off backgrounds, i get 60 FPS. Using both doesn't improve it more. I usally turn graphics to retro and keep the backgrounds. Very few times do i have to turn off backgrounds.
I cant give an estimation, sorry. If turning graphics to retro or turning backgrounds off doubles your fps it's your own opinion whether to do so.

The soil armor and weapons can get really overpowered really easily if you play with the alchemistNPC mod and an increased stack size mod. For instance, I have a summoning staff that does close to 200 damage PER MINION as well as over 150 defense with my accessories factored in. And I'm just barely into hardmode! Could you please put some kind of cap on it to prevent it from getting this OP? Also, I would want this cap to be configurable in a file somewhere, though it's not entirely necessary and it's ultimately up to you as the mod author.

The soil armor and weapons can get really overpowered really easily if you play with the alchemistNPC mod and an increased stack size mod. For instance, I have a summoning staff that does close to 200 damage PER MINION as well as over 150 defense with my accessories factored in. And I'm just barely into hardmode! Could you please put some kind of cap on it to prevent it from getting this OP? Also, I would want this cap to be configurable in a file somewhere, though it's not entirely necessary and it's ultimately up to you as the mod author.
The soil items are primarily a kinda joke item, and alchemisnpc itself is rather op. You could just remove dirt from your inventory instead of a config file cap.

Back
Top Bottom