The Last Post Wins!

I do not know enough about the code of Terraria or modding to make a statement about that.

Though I do ask what the goal of that is.
Because you can freely switch which version of the Andennal you're using, if you only plan to use one, then having the weapon itself get modifiers would reroll the modifier for free until you have the best one, which a separate item would prevent.

...All right I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you saying that the weapon is actually multiple items and they can be swapped at will, and then end up with random modifiers each time they swap?

...All right I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you saying that the weapon is actually multiple items and they can be swapped at will, and then end up with random modifiers each time they swap?
It's multiple items, but in the code for each I turned off the two ways it can get modifiers (I didn't turn off getting modifiers when generated in chests because it won't generate in them anyway, meaning only dropping and goblin needed to be turned off).

Sadly not, as the game can't really tell when it was dropped by something like an enemy instead of as a result of throwing.
The Blood Thorn code won't behave properly, but I have a slightly different idea now where it summons some spikes around the player instead that act kind of like a shield for a short time, with a chance to also send the smaller spikes out once I implement those. Would let me use the same sprites, but would work differently.
I'll probably make it use the player position and shift it to the sides each time before sending a spike facing up.

I have no idea whether this would work or not, but it came to mind based off of doing stuff elsewhere.
Similar to your extra item idea, could you make it so that what is dropped is a fake version of the weapon that only stores the modifier and some other required stuff, and it then just appears as a different item?
Or perhaps manually set the reforge each time or something?

If I knew how to do that I would, but it also feels really complicated compared to just disabling modifiers on the main item and then having an extra item to give modifier equivalents.

I finally :red:ing got it working
it looks awful because the spikes just appear but I have no idea how to make it look nice in any way
and it's only one of the sprites because it just wasn't working with multiple frames
Edit: Here's some pictures...
1680094122901.png

1680094127589.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom