The most worthless armor

Rich Mahogany and Palm Wood armor are worthless. There are 4 choices of armor that is worth more: Wooden, Boreal, Ebon, and Shade. Besides, you'll mostly die to the Corruption/Crimson if you wanted to traverse to the jungle or the beach. Also, I don't even need to mention Pearlwood armor. But overall, you should only use wood armor if it is urgent... But then again... Doors. Did you know that Pumpkin armor can also be cheap (during October) and has more defense than the wooden armors? In fact, it's more than double the defense of wooden armor?

Snow and Rain coats? It's totally worthless as it's a rare drop. I believe Re-Logic intended these coat sets to be vanity items. Yes, it is best used for vanity. Speaking of vanity, vanity should only be used for vanity and not defense as it doesn't have defense. Also, if you use pink snow coats as armor, just what are you thinking? Don't waste your time on Gladiator armor, it only provides as much defense as gold and can easily be replaced by a cobalt shield, unless you haven't beaten Skeletron... Oh wait... Well, but still, the full set is very rare to get, why praise the RNG gods when you could instead invade a giant building?

Amethyst and Topaz Wizard robes are not worth it. Use jungle armor or higher tier robes instead.

While platinum and gold armor are viable options, you'd already have meteorite, necro, jungle, shadow, and crimtane armor sets at this point, which will also be useless for some players as at that point they should already be mining hellstone. Ninja armor is just no. If you have been cursed with Cobalt and Mythril, just choose Adamantite or Titanium armor instead of wasting your time on armor sets that are barely useful for hardmode bosses.

It's still too rare to be useful in any way, since mining potions, the ancient chisel, food items, the slice of cake, and pickaxe modifiers exist. All that added together equals more than the 70% mining speed boost cap (which I just discovered exists), and mining armour is much rarer than any of those things.
But... you can still do all of that on top of having mining armor for even MORE mining speed!!

Is there ever a time when bee armor is better than obsidian armor? Because from what it looks like, there is never a time when bee armor is better than obsidian armor. It ultimately provides less bonuses (more minions seems great, until you realise I-frames exist and you can still have quite a lot of minions with obsidian armor, all the buffs and pygmy necklace), is aquired from a boss that is much harder to find and kill than EoW/BoC (AND you have to kill her multiple times for the full set, compared to not even having to kill EoW/BoC entirely), and on top of it all, somehow provides less defence than obsidian armor (not really a major thing, but wth).

With all those things considered, obsidian armor outclasses bee armor on every level, and there seems to be no reason to ever go for it, which, for me, makes it useless. Now, if there is actually a valid reason to go for bee armor over obsidian, I will be more than happy to see someone prove me wrong - I really like fighting queen bee, and I want this armor to be viable, but from what I've seen it just isn't anymore.

Is there ever a time when bee armor is better than obsidian armor? Because from what it looks like, there is never a time when bee armor is better than obsidian armor. It ultimately provides less bonuses (more minions seems great, until you realise I-frames exist and you can still have quite a lot of minions with obsidian armor, all the buffs and pygmy necklace), is aquired from a boss that is much harder to find and kill than EoW/BoC (AND you have to kill her multiple times for the full set, compared to not even having to kill EoW/BoC entirely), and on top of it all, somehow provides less defence than obsidian armor (not really a major thing, but wth).

With all those things considered, obsidian armor outclasses bee armor on every level, and there seems to be no reason to ever go for it, which, for me, makes it useless. Now, if there is actually a valid reason to go for bee armor over obsidian, I will be more than happy to see someone prove me wrong - I really like fighting queen bee, and I want this armor to be viable, but from what I've seen it just isn't anymore.

I agree, but I think it’s more about Bee just being bad then being outclassed. An obsidian focused build pulls good competition with the ranged and mage builds of its tier, and when bee was the only thing that existed, prehardmode summoner was always considered bad.

Sad to hear. And even more sad is the fact that it will not be made good anymore, since terraria has released it's final update. Unless, of course, Re-logic meant the final major update, and it will keep receiving mini patches that make some balance changes and add vanity items/building blocks. But I doubt that, would be nice to see bee armor get some love in vanilla, but it will probably never happen now.

Every Wood Armor is worthless (unless you count Spooky). There's no specific one which is bad. The strongest one is pearlwood, which is hardmode, and it literally only provides 8 defense which... is 4 flat damage reduction in the mode where defense is actually worthwhile. The second strongest, shadewood, is actually still just as worthless because 5 defense is never going to matter. The most it will block is in master mode where it blocks 5 damage. 5 damage is absolutely not going to do ANYTHING to save you in normal mode, let alone in master mode.

But as I said, your total mining speed boost cannot exceed 70%, so you wouldn't benefit at all from equipping it if you have the other things I mentioned, you'd just lose defense and any other stats your other armour gives you.
chisel + cake + mining pot already exceels this limit, so it's kinda pointless wearing mining armor plus it's insanely rare drop chance

A 1/9 drop chance from a very rare enemy. Also, how is the cake rare? Parties aren't that rare.
I think he means getting the party girl is rare
it has a low chance of spawn even when there is +12 NPCs around, and plus you have to get 12 NPCs... but yes I agree that it is fairly common in the late game.

A 1/9 drop chance from a very rare enemy. Also, how is the cake rare? Parties aren't that rare.
The party girl isn’t guaranteed, and neither are parties. That’s multiple levels of RNG to worry about. Parties also can take much longer to show up because it’s a pretty uncommon chance that can only trigger three times an hour at most.Also undead miners aren’t that rare and they conveniently light themselves up when they do show up (they’re certainly not Nymph or Tim levels of rare by a long shot, it’s not especially uncommon for me to encounter multiple at once in fact).

you forgot that the Ultrabright Helmet is part of it’s set.
I forgot that existed
I have never used mining armour in any playthrough simply because I never get the full set early enough for it to matter, and usually don't even get the full set at all, though this was all before the drop rate was increased.

Back
Top Bottom