The most worthless armor

Miner armor is just this kind of thing that you use if you can get your hands on it when it matters, but won't make a fuss out of it if you don't. It can help if you somehow luck your way into it early on, when you don't have chisel or cake, and miner potions are scarse. There are items that you're much more unlikely to get, like slime staff, but people managed to luck their way into it somehow, so just randomly getting miner armor on your first few undead miners seems totally possible to me.

Even with the mining speed cap, I still think mining armor is useful since you would otherwise have to rely on cake to get to the mining cap prehardmode, and cake is annoying to use since you have to place it every 2 minutes.

Miner armor is just this kind of thing that you use if you can get your hands on it when it matters, but won't make a fuss out of it if you don't. It can help if you somehow luck your way into it early on, when you don't have chisel or cake, and miner potions are scarse. There are items that you're much more unlikely to get, like slime staff, but people managed to luck their way into it somehow, so just randomly getting miner armor on your first few undead miners seems totally possible to me.
I would certainly rather use it when quarantining world evils so I don't have to refresh my buffs every 2 minutes.

Again, you have to refresh those.

Okay, I can understand how refreshing cake can be annoying. But you have to be on a whole different level of lazy if you consider pressing the buff key once every 4 minutes to be so annoying.

If you have an ancient chisel and mining potion gets you to 50%. None of those provide the 20% nessesary to reach the mining cap. It's either cake or mining armor, and the cake is annoying to use.

Still, exquisetly stuffed gets you up to 65%, which is just 5% less than the mining speed cap, and getting it is laughably easy if you fish for a bit. Later in the game, you can just use moon/sun/celestial stone for another 15%, combine with the simple well fed buff - and boom, 70%.

Last edited:
honestly pearlwood armor is one of the worst armors in the game. the stats are bad for the time you obtain it and its just borderline USELESS. i wouldnt get why anyone would use it unless if ur doing something like crab bar did and start in hardmode but otherwise its just the worst armor in the game proving no use at all.
even crabbar didn't use it.
I'd say it's copper or tin armor,it's generic and is a waste of time.

The worst armor that I see people actually use is probably Shadow armor, with an honorable mention going to Shroomite Leggings. I see lots of people crafting the full Shroomite set, and then doing boss fights normally (moving the whole time). In which case the Shroomite Leggings aren't doing anything for you, no? 7% ranged crit is decent, but it's not the best thing you could be wearing in the leg slot and most people don't seem to realize that. Save yourself some resources and wear Mythril Greaves (or Spooky Leggings). Red Riding Leggings for endgame.

Apprentice armor also has a similarly worthless set bonus, but at least the stats are decent on everything except the hat.

That’s Ancient Shadow Armor, which is a separate thing, and is actually somewhat useful unlike the real thing because it’s free high defense pieces if you’re lucky enough to get it early.
And you can get it, which is the exact same as normal shadow armor, before you beat a single boss.

Well it is the same. It just looks different and drops from a different enemy. Functionally, they’re the same

I know it’s functionally the same. What I’m saying is the fact that you can get pieces of it from the get go makes it infinitely better than the real Shadow Armor, which comes into play in mid prehardmode.

Back
Top Bottom