NPCs & Enemies The NPC "neighbor range" is currently too small.

Exerlin

Terrarian
As of now, NPCs have their happiness modified by being within 25 tiles of an NPC they like, love, dislike, or hate. You must place NPCs near each-other if you want to maximize happiness. However, the range is too small to achieve this goal while also allowing the player to build the housing as they see fit.

In the image below, I have built 3 houses in the jungle that will maximize both the Painter's and the Witch Doctor's happiness. However, despite the houses being close to each other (each house is less than 25 tiles away from the neighboring house, only the Witch Doctor gains the happiness from the Dryad, and that required me to put the table and chair off-center to move her home tile closer to his.

I would like to have this be optimal housing, but it isn't because of the combination of the short "neighbor range" and the home tile system. It would be amazing if the happiness system used the two walls closest to each house to determine happiness or increased the neighbor distance to something like 40 tiles.

1591289239985.png

It's the flag that matter, which appears to be based on the table's location in the building.
I made a pair of good sized houses in the desert for the gunman and medic, but their flags appeared 35 blocks away. The door to each house is only 10 blocks apart and they both believe they're isolated.

Back
Top Bottom