356px-Leviathan.png

i made the map icon for ocram and the the Soul of Blight for the mod

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_21-16-9.png
    upload_2018-9-7_21-16-9.png
    364 bytes · Views: 194
View attachment 208872 View attachment 208873
i made the map icon for ocram and the the Soul of Blight for the mod
the map sprite has mixel going on with the eye(terrarias sprites are saved with a pixel size of 2x2, some people think its a good idea to add 1x1 pixels in the 2x2 creation, which is not a a good idea) and the soul of blight resprite is just a recolored soul of flight. all souls have a different pattern of orbiting "wisps" (excluding soul of night and flight) and a "core" thats the same between all sprites minus the color. speaking of souls, i made a soul of blight resprite a while ago. Rcki can feel free to use it in the mod.
Soul of Blight Resprite.gif

the map sprite has mixel going on with the eye(terrarias sprites are saved with a pixel size of 2x2, some people think its a good idea to add 1x1 pixels in the 2x2 creation, which is not a a good idea) and the soul of blight resprite is just a recolored soul of flight. all souls have a different pattern of orbiting "wisps" (excluding soul of night and flight) and a "core" thats the same between all sprites minus the color. speaking of souls, i made a soul of blight resprite a while ago. Rcki can feel free to use it in the mod.
View attachment 208896
This sprite is awesome, I'll be sure to credit you!

Are you considering adding in all of the console Enemies? if so that would be really cool!

What you really must do is make multiple mods for a pack like this:
Console Port no.1 - Underground enemies
Console Port no.2 - Overworld enemies
Console Port no.3 - Jungle enemies
Console Port no.4 - Dungeon enemies
etc etc
That would make things more compact for mod browser!

So I made a revamp of basically how you got his stuff as a suggestion for the devs, well, before it was removed. You wanna keep it authentic to the original, which I think is great. My one thing I suggest you take from the revamp is how I crafted the armors, because even with adding the alternate recipes (thank you for doing so), I think from the recipe browser (could be wrong) that it only works if you have a full set of Cobalt/Mithril/Adamantite or a full set of Palladium/Orichalcum/Titanium. Long story short:
  1. Blighted Ore drops instead of Souls of Blight
  2. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Fright = 1 Spectral Bar. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Sight = 1 Titan Bar. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Might = 1 Dragon Bar.
  3. These are used to make the new armor types in a similar manner to Hallowed Bars.
  4. Tizona is made with Dragon Bars, the Vulcan Repeater with Titan Bars, and the Tonbogiri with Spectral Bars.
Just a thought you could take into consideration.

I'm so sorry that I have been inactive lately (school stuff huff puff...), I'll be trying to start working on this soon again.
This looks very promising! You have my full support!
Thanks bro! <3
What you really must do is make multiple mods for a pack like this:
Console Port no.1 - Underground enemies
Console Port no.2 - Overworld enemies
Console Port no.3 - Jungle enemies
Console Port no.4 - Dungeon enemies
etc etc
That would make things more compact for mod browser!
Yeah, this is what I was thinking.
So I made a revamp of basically how you got his stuff as a suggestion for the devs, well, before it was removed. You wanna keep it authentic to the original, which I think is great. My one thing I suggest you take from the revamp is how I crafted the armors, because even with adding the alternate recipes (thank you for doing so), I think from the recipe browser (could be wrong) that it only works if you have a full set of Cobalt/Mithril/Adamantite or a full set of Palladium/Orichalcum/Titanium. Long story short:
  1. Blighted Ore drops instead of Souls of Blight
  2. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Fright = 1 Spectral Bar. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Sight = 1 Titan Bar. 4 Blighted Ore + 1 Soul of Might = 1 Dragon Bar.
  3. These are used to make the new armor types in a similar manner to Hallowed Bars.
  4. Tizona is made with Dragon Bars, the Vulcan Repeater with Titan Bars, and the Tonbogiri with Spectral Bars.
Just a thought you could take into consideration.
Thanks for the tips man, I'll be looking in to it when I finally have some time!

I guess people are going to keep asking that even though I've linked to https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/consolaria.62570/ several times now

can people just, scroll up please?
Although Consolaria focuses on platform exclusives, the mod has everything this Ocram 'n Stuff has with the added bonus of the Ocram Mask and Arch Demon. Many people wouldn't like Consolaria because they heavily re-sprite most of the ported content and change certain stats of the items. IMO, I like the nostalgia feeling and prefer the items and mobs to be exactly the way they were, again maybe this is just me. No disrespect to the Consolaria developers, but after testing the mod Ocram feels nerfed and very different overall to the source material. I'm eagerly waiting for Rcki to wrap up this mod with the Ocram Mask (and hopefully be encouraged to port other content, too).

Hey Rcki, loving this mod on my current playthrough! Very well made, and feels exactly how I remember. It's nice to finally see that people are finally bringing the infamous console content to the game without heavily rehauling it (sprites, animation, etc.). Although you're busy, are there any ETAs for the next update? Fingers crossed that we'll see the other console content added in either this mod or another. Ocram-wise, I think all that's left now is the mask and a direly needed map sprite? BTW, school always comes first man; good to see you have your priorities. (a minor OCD nitpick, 'The essence of infected creatures' has inverted commas as such ' ' in the item description)

Last edited:
Hey Rcki, loving this mod on my current playthrough! Very well made, and feels exactly how I remember. It's nice to finally see that people are finally bringing the infamous console content to the game without heavily rehauling it (sprites, animation, etc.). Although you're busy, are there any ETAs for the next update? Fingers crossed that we'll see the other console content added in either this mod or another. Ocram-wise, I think all that's left now is the mask and a direly needed map sprite? BTW, school always comes first man; good to see you have your priorities. (a minor OCD nitpick, 'The essence of infected creatures' has inverted commas as such ' ' in the item description)
Thanks man! Estimated time for the next update? Not really. I could push out an update right now if someone was kind enough to make a map sprite for him and give me the sprites for his mask (Can't find them anywhere). Thanks for the heads up on that description on the soul, I'll be sure to fix it for the next update ^^.

Here's the sprite for the mask:
I also made sprites for the Ocram map icons, but they aren't the best quality. It looks a little too big to me as well, so feel free to only use the mask. (Sprite 1 is for his first form and Sprite 2 is for his second form)

Attachments

• ocram mask.png
    ocram mask.png
    624 bytes · Views: 225
  • ocramsprite1.png
    ocramsprite1.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 227
  • ocramsprite2.png
    ocramsprite2.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Thanks man! Estimated time for the next update? Not really. I could push out an update right now if someone was kind enough to make a map sprite for him and give me the sprites for his mask (Can't find them anywhere). Thanks for the heads up on that description on the soul, I'll be sure to fix it for the next update ^^.
Also, if you never need help with any banners (a few exclusive enemies don't have any) let me know.

This doesn't add any generation or isn't compatible with any mods is it? I'm wondering if this would be safe to add to my Calamity Modpack without breaking anything.

I'd love to see the soul of blight updated to be animated like the other souls. Do you think you could do that?

Back
Top Bottom