tModLoader The Omega Mod

Should we continue working on this mod?

• Total voters
iit looks good, not as much as a fire sword though, maybe some sort of ancient sword or slmething.
Ok. I think it would look well as a molted core sword, since it has a molten sort of inside and then an outer layer to trap heat? Idk. I just am happy it does not look bad! :D
[doublepost=1461386144,1461385608][/doublepost]Although I could try again, as currently the sword looks sort of like a desert type sword, a sand greatsword?

usually fire gets lighter the farther it is away from the base
I know, but it is light throughout the whole thing in the current one. I am actually pretty good at that when it does not need a specific form, like I made a pretty cool looking gun type thing with fire, well sorta. But they are not really guns, just like one of them is showing a brightly colored gun shooting a wall.
Ultimate Power!!! --- Msde by Jerry Day.png
Does not look that good, but I had thought of some type of weapon with four fire chambers, with one recieving the lava from the tank, I do not really know why I made it :D I actually had taken off the tank and the wall and the laser shooting the wall and made a weapon in terraria out of it for a bit, but I put the image back together.

Last edited:
I think I am gonna do another 2 resprites - one of the current one and one completely redoing it with no base... I Want it to look fiery! xD

yeah, i tried making amfire sword with a type of center in the blade, but it didnt turn out so good
Okay. I just got back from a library, so was not here for a while. So how do you think those two swords turned out? They are kind of hurried, but one of them I think looks a bit better because it has a trident of fire at the top, no wood coating type thing.

ok, so after a closer inspection i saw that u used small pixels with big ones, causing it to look a bit off

ok, so after a closer inspection i saw that u used small pixels with big ones, causing it to look a bit off
I really do not like using the bigger pixels on weapons a lot of the time, it does not look as good(sometimes) in the big picture. Of course, if somebody were to zoom in, then it looks odd. But the blocks, you may need to do that, but the weapons you really see them for such a short amount of time that only really staring at a picture will make it look odd, if you ask me. I made a weapon in a test mod with textures(and attempting to add flame particles to no avail), and it does not look bad, it looks pretty cool(in my opinion). Then again, I like weird looking stuff for no reason, so I really can not say dat.
Kind of like I like to see a massive t-rex-godzilla-shark-kitten in a pool of honey. Favorite pic I have seen so far.
I really do not like using the bigger pixels on weapons a lot of the time, it does not look as good(sometimes) in the big picture. Of course, if somebody were to zoom in, then it looks odd. But the blocks, you may need to do that, but the weapons you really see them for such a short amount of time that only really staring at a picture will make it look odd, if you ask me. I made a weapon in a test mod with textures(and attempting to add flame particles to no avail), and it does not look bad, it looks pretty cool(in my opinion). Then again, I like weird looking stuff for no reason, so I really can not say dat.
Kind of like I like to see a massive t-rex-godzilla-shark-kitten in a pool of honey. Favorite pic I have seen so far.
And actually, I did not use big pixels that much. Only really at the tip of the sword, and the handle since I did not really change that. Everywhere else it was sort of shaded. The windows media player does not give it justice, it blurs it all up ;P and gets the colors wrong.
I just made a minor improvement to sword one, although it may not be noticeable.Here. If you download the pic and look at it in paint, it tends to not mess up the image as much as every single media play I have ever seen does when zooming in. At least terraria does not do that, since it actually displays the pixels as 1x1 pixels, not thinking each pixel is hundreds to thousands(depending on monitor resolution) of other pixels, like it really is;P
Look at this in paint.net or paint, then you will see the differ... Idk why, you might not even look at it in media player. I just wanted to do this xD
Media Player vs Paint.net.png
*Realization moment*
I must say, I am being pretty disagreeable. I suppose this is what happens when I try to make something ;P I think its cool then get disagreeable. Gonna have to work on that! All these edits are because I am finding a lot of tiny little things that irritate me, ex: I misspelled honey(hunny), and I had the image in the wrong place. And I also had an idea for the "sword" I made at first. Heheh. Sorry.
Ancient Greatsword.png First one I did. Now that I think about it, this would make a good dungeon, the four arms would be rooms filled with spawners and chests, and the center would have lava, parkour, loot, and enemies. Lots of them, and the hilt would be the entrance, and the crown at the top would be filled with lava and have rare ore in it. Excuse my imagination, just had to post this tidbit :D Sorry about such a long "comment", but I kind of got carried away, perfect example of me in my ramble zone.
Now that looks better! No more taking up the whole page with my whines/complaints. I am proud!
Hope this makes somebody happy that I am not longer taking up most of a page :D

Last edited:
TMC, are you a good coder?
A "Help me please, coders!" post.
Having issues with making a weapon that was working fine earlier, the problem is this is differ to coding mods in tAPI, so I do not get how to do this. In tAPI there was a .json where all the weapon stats went, and then a .cs for special things like particles, character modifications, etc. Here you only use .cs (I think) so this is different for meh. I know how to make the weapon work, but not how to add particles like the fiery greatsword, my issue. Also, anyone know how to make the sword turn with your mouse or character movement? Mine only fires in the direction you were facing when you clicked.
Ok, so I have the code set to the correct path (Sup.Items) for namespace, and then public class has Greatsword (name of my cs file and image), and it says file not found error is expected when I try to compile. I have the exact same code for the other weapon in terms of location only with a different name, and it works. Help?
Code:
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using System;

namespace Sup.Items
{
    public class Greatsword : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Ghastly Flames Sword";
            item.damage = 215;
            item.melee = true;
            item.width = 66;
            item.height = 66;
            item.toolTip = "A ghastly sword crafted from the flames of vulcan's forge.";
            item.useTime = 32;
            item.useAnimation = 32;
            item.useStyle = 1;
            item.knockBack = 19;
            item.value = 10000;
            item.rare = 2;
            item.useSound = 1;
            item.autoReuse = true;
        }
        public override void UseItemEffects(Player p, Rectangle rect)
        {
            for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++)
            {
                int dust = Dust.NewDust(rect, 6, p.velocity.X, p.velocity.Y, 1, Color.White, 1f);
            }
        }
    }
}
Removed for reasons.|Sup\Items\Greatsword.cs(37,78) : error CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
1.I wonder if I am just annoying people with my coding problems?
2.Uhhhg, coding, why do you hate me so much! I have never done anything to you! :(
This is from my post in the tModloader homepage thread thingy ;P
O boi.... In both threads nobody responds to me this time :p Oh well, guess I will just have to do my own heavylifting and figure it out myself :p
Anyways, I think the problem may be pretty amature, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom