Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont get how anyone can be sad or complain about this. The 360 and ps3 are over 10 years old. Its like when grand theft auto 4 came out . Did you expect that to come out on ps2 as well? Its not he best example. But bottom line, the old consoles have been done for awhile now. How can anyone not get that? Or see how awesome this company, and others are that supported consoles that are outdated. The fact they updated it this long for a console that has been out dated for so long is amazing. PS4 and xbox one have been out for 3 years now and, are CURRENT gen consoles. I understand some might not have the money. But the prices for current gen are always getting major sales. And this holiday with the crazy sales plus if you traded your old stuff in, i bet you can get a used current console for 100 bucks or less. Some of these comments and complaints just amaze me on here.
I think the people who are the saddest are the ps vita players like myself because the ps vita is the 2nd handheld that plays Terraria (not including mobile) and it's just sad that a really good handheld losses a really big opportunity so yea I'm sad but we do have everything up to 1.2.4 so thats really good.
[doublepost=1469734712,1469734676][/doublepost]
I think the people who are the saddest are the ps vita players like myself because the ps vita is the 2nd handheld that plays Terraria (not including mobile) and it's just sad that a really good handheld losses a really big opportunity so yea I'm sad but we do have everything up to 1.2.4 so thats really good.
And the ps vita is not 11 or 12 so that's another let down

I love how people keep crying at the people who are crying about getting screwed out of something they should have gotten just because they are too poor and not worth the effort . The only good thing about this news is no more mr rudi and engin and stop telling the poor people it's alright because your poor. This wouldn't be happening if they made us pay a dollar or two for each update I'm sure they would be up to 1.3 by now.

I Know it is sad but don't forget these updates are basically dlc we don't have to have it but they decided to for our benefit

This kind of thing kills me. No game has to add updates but you think they keep adding new things without it being to there benefit? They sell more games that way.

If Terraria had stop putting in the things in when the game first came out it would not be nearly as popular or sold as many copies.

The main issue here is all of the consoles they have said they are not updating are the consoles they have milked dry. (except the 3ds but theres no way that can handle it)

Good luck to you Wii U people as well with the NX coming out soon. They will wanna milk that one not the Will U.

Im sure its really hard to sell anymore copies on the "old gen" since everyone has already bought them.

This way you will have to go buy the game agian at full price when you update to the new consoles.

I love how people keep crying at the people who are crying about getting screwed out of something they should have gotten just because they are too poor and not worth the effort . The only good thing about this news is no more mr rudi and engin and stop telling the poor people it's alright because your poor. This wouldn't be happening if they made us pay a dollar or two for each update I'm sure they would be up to 1.3 by now.
thats not how it works thats the problem
[doublepost=1469736057,1469735888][/doublepost]
This kind of thing kills me. No game has to add updates but you think they keep adding new things without it being to there benefit? They sell more games that way.

If Terraria had stop putting in the things in when the game first came out it would not be nearly as popular or sold as many copies.

The main issue here is all of the consoles they have said they are not updating are the consoles they have milked dry. (except the 3ds but theres no way that can handle it)

Good look to you Wii U people as well with the NX coming out soon. They will wanna milk that one not the Will U.

Im sure its really hard to sell anymore copies on the "old gen" since everyone has already bought them.

This way you will have to go buy the game agian at full price when you update to the new consoles.
partly true false at he part that is basically saying the developers want you to upgrade to the current gen version

Are people still trying to throw out some sort of conspiracy that Redigit is purposely stifling those on old-gen for monetary gain or out of some sort of spite?
If you do at least a little bit of research, (literally, just a couple of seconds will suffice,) you'll discover that they're genuine on their decision...
It's not that any team working on Terraria doesn't care about those who can't afford a newer system, it's that the old gen systems they're playing on can't handle the enormous update. Remember these are almost TEN YEAR OLD systems. It becomes simple as to why bringing 1.3 to them would be difficult when you look at the specs. PS3/Xbox 360 run on, what is now out-of-date architecture... For example, the PS3 runs a 256MB XDR RAM with 256MB GDDR3 VRAM... Loki's already stated that the memory requirements for 1.3 far outweigh that of even 1GB RAM...
This is ripped straight from the STEAM page:
Required: Memory: 2.5GB
Recommended: Memory: 4GB
Combine main and virtual, and you're still only looking at a total of 512 MB RAM, nowhere near even the required amount needed to run 1.3 smoothly. So while they may be able to bring it to older consoles, it would be so horribly unplayable that the enjoyment received from it would most likely be little to none.

The only good thing about this news is no more mrrudi and engin and stop telling the poor people it's alright because your poor. This wouldn't be happening if they made us pay a dollar or two for each update I'm sure they would be up to 1.3 by now.
Your bitterness is just oozing out everywhere...
I know that some people have been frustrated with Engine and/or CodeGlue through their runs, but the fact that you are so visually spiteful toward them is pretty horrendous. If it wasn't for the companies, Terraria wouldn't even be playable for those on Console and Mobile....

Does anyone know if an iPhone 4s will be able to get the update?
The iPhone 4s has 512MB of RAM - as stated before Terraria on mobile currently requires a minimum of 1GB. Therefore, you will not be able to run Terraria.

Are people still trying to throw out some sort of conspiracy that Redigit is purposely stifling those on old-gen for monetary gain or out of some sort of spite?
If you do at least a little bit of research, (literally, just a couple of seconds will suffice,) you'll discover that they're genuine on their decision...
It's not that any team working on Terraria doesn't care about those who can't afford a newer system, it's that the old gen systems they're playing on can't handle the enormous update. Remember these are almost TEN YEAR OLD systems. It becomes simple as to why bringing 1.3 to them would be difficult when you look at the specs. PS3/Xbox 360 run on, what is now out-of-date architecture... For example, the PS3 runs a 256MB XDR RAM with 256MB GDDR3 VRAM... Loki's already stated that the memory requirements for 1.3 far outweigh that of even 1GB RAM...
This is ripped straight from the STEAM page:
Required: Memory: 2.5GB
Recommended: Memory: 4GB
Combine main and virtual, and you're still only looking at a total of 512 MB RAM.

The consoles being 10 years old is true but so is the Hp Laptop i was talking about in a recent post. It has only 1gb of Ram and the Gpu/Cpu are total crap.

When the Ps3/360 came out the amount of Ram they were using was low even then. With the other specs in them though it took the load off of the ram.
I have already said im no expert in this stuff but not a total idiot about it.
Terraria is not just Only running on ram, the other parts help to ease the load on the ram im sure.

In my last post i didnt say anything about bringing the full 1.3 but i know for 100% they could add some things from 1.3 or the Qol things people have been talking about. They wont though.

I didnt say it was a Conspiracy either, but its what they do, make games for money. Its what are companies do. There is no company out there thats gonna just give there game away free without anything in return. So i dont get how saying they are making money is some sort of Conspiracy?

End the end my point was they could still add parts from 1.3 and Qol changes to past gens. If they do that i will eat my shoe, but theres no money in doing it so it wont happen.

You notice they said we cant bring 1.3 over so we are done. Not we will still try to bring anything we can to at least bring some of the features over.

Also, I just thought of something I should mention.

Mobile players, I encourage you to look up your exact phone model now, and figure out how much RAM it has. Mine has 1.5 GB of RAM, so I should be fine when the update rolls out.

The consoles being 10 years old is true but so is the Hp Laptop i was talking about in a recent post. It has only 1gb of Ram and the Gpu/Cpu are total crap.

When the Ps3/360 came out the amount of Ram they were using was low even then. With the other specs in them though it took the load off of the ram.
I have already said im no expert in this stuff but not a total idiot about it.
Terraria is not just Only running on ram, the other parts help to ease the load on the ram im sure.

In my last post i didnt say anything about bringing the full 1.3 but i know for 100% they could add some things from 1.3 or the Qol things people have been talking about. They wont though.

I didnt say it was a Conspiracy either, but its what they do, make games for money. Its what are companies do. There is no company out there thats gonna just give there game away free without anything in return. So i dont get how saying they are making money is some sort of Conspiracy?

End the end my point was they could still add parts from 1.3 and Qol changes to past gens. If they do that i will eat my shoe, but theres no money in doing it so it wont happen.

You notice they said we cant bring 1.3 over so we are done. Not we will still try to bring anything we can to at least bring some of the features over.
You've actually highlighted the difference between the two platforms yourself; 'old gen' consoles have around 512MB of RAM, but that laptop has 1GB - almost twice as much. Coincidentally, the current Mobile minimum spec is 1GB of RAM (I believe the lowest requirement of all platforms).

You also mention that "the other parts help to ease the load on the ram" however, this isn't the case. That's just not how the components work.

However, I do agree it would be nice to see some QOL additions from 1.3 that don't affect the amount of RAM needed, in addition to updated drop chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom