NPCs & Enemies The real ultimate enemy - Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractalxx

Terrarian
I'm not really going to add in much detail as the title and a short description will say it all.

So there is you. You progress throughout your journey. You encounter stronger beasts as you continue going on. In the end, it all breaks down to beat the final enemy which is Moon Lord and I think it will still be for some time. You can grow stronger as you kill the bosses. You'll always end up being the most powerful in the universe.
Theoritically there is one thing that you won't surpass ever. That is yourself. The most challenging enemy would be you no matter how far you go, it will keep up.

There are several things which I imagined about that:
- It would be a perfect mirror image of the character everytime in terms of appearance and power. (would use the same items)
- Another idea is to have it show up before end game, too. At that time it will also mirror you (your armor, weapons and HP at that moment), but you can't kill it. After taking some damage it would disappear. (back to your mind, a theory of having 2 selves and you're in need of maintaining it, that's why you're fighting)
- Defeating Moon Lord (or last boss if we'll get a new soon) would trigger an event where people's mind start to break, allowing their dark sides to seperate it from their body. This would be true for the NPCs, too. They would have a dark side, which would be the event's weaker bosses.
- After they have been defeated, your other self will show up and the last fight starts. Maybe in a mental realm (new biome?) or in the real world. That needs more thinking.
- Your dark side would use the weapons which you have at the moment. <- that could lead to cheesing it by wearing low-end items when it spawns but i.e have it change gear too if you do so you could fight it with any style you want. It's a part of your mind by the way.
- Not sure about drops, I'll have to think about that, just wanted to share the basic idea as it may not seem too illogical and weird but I've never seen this before.

More ideas perhaps?

This is a duplicate thread. I cannot find the original one, though, so I can't report it.

I'll may wreck it then... nevermind.
I didn't manage to find them until you said but I think there isn't any that's "original" there are several ones but they're all different from each other in detail.

Edit: Blow it. I've seen the reactions for the "similar" ideas. I apologize.

Last edited:
I'll may wreck it then... nevermind.
I didn't manage to find them until you said but I think there isn't any that's "original" there are several ones but they're all different from each other in detail.

Edit: Blow it. I've seen the reactions for the "similar" ideas. I apologize.
It's not a bad idea, it's just not practical enough to code.

It's not a bad idea, it's just not practical enough to code.

And cliché. I realized, I just didn't really play any games that has things like that. Maybe only one.
Regarding coding, the only hard part would be the AI (as every time).

Maybe we should get this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom