tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

As much as I like the mod, please do something about the Primordial Magic item. It's drops to the point where it's too annoying to even care about it and whatever items it makes.

As much as I like the mod, please do something about the Primordial Magic item. It's drops to the point where it's too annoying to even care about it and whatever items it makes.
I mean, to successfully use the items it creates, you're gonna need a lot of primordial magic. In other news, we may expand its usage, so you can have more uses for it once it starts to pile up :)

I mean, to successfully use the items it creates, you're gonna need a lot of primordial magic. In other news, we may expand its usage, so you can have more uses for it once it starts to pile up :)
I agree with Lemurboy072 yuyutsu primordial magic "should" have other uses in the future besides making the artifact weapons as you said they would have, because in the end it would end like thorium bags (bag of potential).

Last edited:
Every time I try to launch the game with Spirit enabled, I get an error relating to one of the sounds or music tracks in the mod that disables it automatically.
Code:
Access to the path 'SpiritMod_Sounds_Reaper1_1.3.1.3.wav' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.Delete()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.DeleteIfOlder(String modFilename, String wavCacheFilename)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Checking the SpiritMod.tmod for issues- read-only, being locked, no read permissions, etc. doesn't help, I get the same exact error.
The same error occurs if, then, after successfully launching, I try to enable it and reload mods.

I may actually have to put this on the back burner... put the character I'm using and the world I made for it aside.

The more I play, the more questions I have, and the info just isn't out there. There's bits and pieces, but most of them just lead to blank pages. I think I've actually missed out on some drops in Spirit HM Blood Moon, due to an excess of drops (I think I hit the limit by pushing spawnrates up and getting distracted by the Gazer fights), but I have no idea what some of those drops might have been.

... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I REALLY like the thematics of this mod, and I'm really curious to see how it plays out if I can just plan for what's coming. I just got paid... my question still stands, seriously: if I donate, could my "mod item" request be some cleanup of the wiki?

Minor gripe, Vinewrath Bane is listed on boss checklist as being pre-EoW/BoC despite requiring drops from those bosses in order to craft its boss summon.

Alright, I'm stepping away from the Spirit Mod. I'm post-Umbra, pre-Plantera, and the Tide has waned yet again at about 70% with no clues or indicators why, and the information just isn't out there. I could ask here why, but it's one of about a million questions I have that should be on the OP or wiki or something, and it's not. I just don't like so much content that seems like it'd be cool, and yet being told I have to beg hat-in-hand for information on much of it.

Please do let me know if you get the documentation updated, if you happen to think of it. I'll also keep checking back. I'd like to enjoy the mod, but, right now, I spend about a third of my Spirit Mod time tabbed out of Terraria chasing links to pages that don't exist, looking for information about content that does.

By the way: I REALLY LIKE the Spirit Biome music.

Alright, I'm stepping away from the Spirit Mod. I'm post-Umbra, pre-Plantera, and the Tide has waned yet again at about 70% with no clues or indicators why, and the information just isn't out there. I could ask here why, but it's one of about a million questions I have that should be on the OP or wiki or something, and it's not. I just don't like so much content that seems like it'd be cool, and yet being told I have to beg hat-in-hand for information on much of it.

Please do let me know if you get the documentation updated, if you happen to think of it. I'll also keep checking back. I'd like to enjoy the mod, but, right now, I spend about a third of my Spirit Mod time tabbed out of Terraria chasing links to pages that don't exist, looking for information about content that does.

By the way: I REALLY LIKE the Spirit Biome music.
Yeah the wiki development is super slow, although there's always Recipe Browser and the forums to back you up

Just got a random crash last night and I can't figure out the cause

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at SpiritMod.Tiles.Furniture.Reach.ReachChest1.MapChestName(String name, Int32 i, int 32 j) in c:\Users\colton\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\SpiritMod\Tiles\Furniture\Reach\ReachChest1.csline 58
at Terraria.ModLoader.MapLegend.FromTile(MapTile mapTile, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMap()
at Terraria Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreatContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Form.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtrdwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreatContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form.mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(Sting[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

And here's an image of the crash report in case I wrote something wrong.

3 things that have recently bothered me, maybe the boss things were fixed with the recent patch, tmodloader keeps having server "bandwidth issues" with the updater and I am too lazy to manually install the patch:

-Infernon does not appear to have the right drop table. According to the wiki the torment shards are a 100% drop chance and the magic whetstone is a 12.5% yet out of 6 kills I got 5 Magic Whetstones and 1 infernal band and no torment shards nor any of the weapons he drops.

-Also, killed Dusking 4 times and he has dropped 2 weapons and 2 magic whetstones. Why are these magic whetstones so common when they are only used to create Folv's sharpened blade? It is feeling feels like they override other loot that the bosses can drop, same with infernon.

-You need the Rogue Emblem for the throwing Acc which has no wiki page, no recipe in the game, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where it drops. The rest of the equivalent emblems drop from wall of flesh, so I tried wall of flesh a few more times and couldn't get it to drop. I am at a loss

Thus, I have cheatsheet'ed in torment shards, the dusking artifact ingredient(Tired of farming the mats for the boss and then the boss for the drop, suppose its laziness again), and the rogue emblem. Again, this was just posting minor things I noticed (the magic whetstone thing is weird).

For the record, up to now I have not used cheatsheet to acquire items, I have it installed for cases like this when drops seem bugged/missing.

3 things that have recently bothered me, maybe the boss things were fixed with the recent patch, tmodloader keeps having server "bandwidth issues" with the updater and I am too lazy to manually install the patch:

-Infernon does not appear to have the right drop table. According to the wiki the torment shards are a 100% drop chance and the magic whetstone is a 12.5% yet out of 6 kills I got 5 Magic Whetstones and 1 infernal band and no torment shards nor any of the weapons he drops.

-Also, killed Dusking 4 times and he has dropped 2 weapons and 2 magic whetstones. Why are these magic whetstones so common when they are only used to create Folv's sharpened blade? It is feeling feels like they override other loot that the bosses can drop, same with infernon.

-You need the Rogue Emblem for the throwing Acc which has no wiki page, no recipe in the game, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where it drops. The rest of the equivalent emblems drop from wall of flesh, so I tried wall of flesh a few more times and couldn't get it to drop. I am at a loss

Thus, I have cheatsheet'ed in torment shards, the dusking artifact ingredient(Tired of farming the mats for the boss and then the boss for the drop, suppose its laziness again), and the rogue emblem. Again, this was just posting minor things I noticed (the magic whetstone thing is weird).

For the record, up to now I have not used cheatsheet to acquire items, I have it installed for cases like this when drops seem bugged/missing.
1) The wiki literally never gets updated sadly :(
2) Probably a bug
3) That's outdated

I'm currently trying to get better at wiki editing and when I feel like I've got some skill I'll try to frequently make wiki pages :)

I have an item suggestion.
A ring that can be created using the Hardmode Ore Rings.
The ring will have all the effects of the Hardmode Ore Rings.
What do you think of this?

Hey guys, could someone update this forum page? The wiki doesn't mention new information and many things that are new in the mod aren't mentioned here. Here's a small list.

-Illuminant Master still has his old sprite in the picture.
-What's a Blue Moon? It's drops and enemies?
-Where can I see all the new items?
-Who's that new NPC?
-More information on the two new bosses

I am not asking you to change all the pictures and discriptions, but maybe you could add a small 1.3-Sign and show some pictures and information that were added in the new Spirit Mod version.

Tommorow after I publish my video, I'm going to do a grand upgrade-spirit-wiki fest!
Any pages people want made in particular?
Deadline is around 8AM tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom